xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can I "inherit" Marketplace Games From Another Gamertag?  (Read 98 times)

HerrMansen

• Archived User
Can I "inherit" Marketplace Games From Another Gamertag?
« on: February 28, 2010, 02:30:00 PM »

There are a couple of Arcade/Downloaded titles on my Xbox, left over from the previous owner. They alle play and work fine when I'm playing them with an offline profile of mine, but the previous owner's gamertag is still on the box.

Q: If I were to delete his gamertag profile will these games lock down and stop me from playing them?
Q: Can I "inherit" ownership of marketplace downloads if I create my own account and transfer them in some way?

barnhilltrckn

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 02:35:00 PM »

They are locked to his gamertag. There is no way to transfer them to you as I have even called MS about transfering ownership rights and they said it couldnt be done.
 If your box is still exploitable then you have an option  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif)

HerrMansen

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 11:59:00 PM »

Right, so basically as soon as I delete his gamertag profile from the Xbox all of the marketplace titles will go into lockdown and refuse to start up? Same goes for trying to download DLC for a title that "my" gamertag doesn't own I suppose - rats! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

snowolfvx900

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 10:41:00 AM »

There has to be SOME way to do this though as how else do people get the XBLA games and DLC and put them online in mass torrent packs? There is no way to download them without first signing them to A gt... but then unsign them somehow to put them online; right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

I think if you can find the data on the hdd (content, 000..., gamefolder,...) and rip that data to your pc/flashdrive/whatever, then use XBLA Unlocker to unlock the arcade games and then put them back on the drive. That SHOULD* work. As for the DLC, I am still trying to figure that one out.

Grandmaster56

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 12:33:00 PM »

Well to be honest i download arcade games from xbox live all the time as a demo on my legit console (20gb).Then i put the HD through xport 360 and transfer the game to my jtag console (250gb) and unlock it with xm360..Now i dunno if you have a jtag console or just a retail one but i'm sure if you use 360 hash block calculator and concept you may be able to fix your problem.Don't quote me on this though.Just a suggestion (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)