xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Should I Update?  (Read 53 times)

tru_oz

• Archived User
Should I Update?
« on: December 11, 2007, 01:03:00 AM »

I'm still using xtreme52 FW, and survived the ban's...but I'm not sure if for other safety reasons I should upgrade to the latest ixtreme.

While here I might as well just get another one of my quick problems out, for some reason my when I turn on my 360, it is VERYdark and I have no clue what went wrong but the only solution is restarting many times, and changing the switch from HDTV to TV, and/or taking out the HD many times until it finally shows the screen I like.

mookie_gr

• Archived User
Should I Update?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 01:32:00 AM »

I do not know much on how xbox 360 works, etc. but i have done much research on bans that has been happening. With a little combination and common sense i realize this.

Microsoft knows that there consoles are hacked, they also know there is nothing much they can do about it. So they can atleast rely on the xbox live subscription. On the other hand game developers demand actions, for there hard worked games beeing copied, so microsoft does its end of the bargain by banning consoles.

I belive that we have already triggered microsoft a long time ago that we have modded consoles, it is just up to them when they will ban us. The thing is that i beleive ATM that they wont ban everyone , but they will ban highly profiled xbox live users, the users they know that would start going on forums and screaming that they got banned, the useres they know that are badly hooked on live, and are willing to buy 3 more consoles just to be connected. They also know if they ban a user like me, i would possibly just post a reply here, that "i was banned...",nothing more.

So if you are a casual xbox member just playing a few games a day, i dont belive there is a big reason for you to update, because as you can see , bans are triggered, you are detected at random times, and then banned at random times. Other than that, all the firmware updates (whitch are great firmwares) , are always detectable, i highly doubt that this time it would change that fact.

Finally it would not hurt (or it could.....) to update your firmware, but i am the type "if something woks, dont change it"  , i suppose though the est thing you could do is just make sure your backups are ixtreme compatible, and just do the best you can to make the backups 1:1 as much as possible.

tru_oz

• Archived User
Should I Update?
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 01:26:00 PM »

Thanks for the reply, I'm the same way as well, with the whole "if something woks, don't change it" thing. Thats a great theory you have there with the highly profiled people, I see why they would do that. Anyways, problem solved, all I have to do is make sure my disks are fully stealthed and I believe I should be fine.