xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox 360 Help  (Read 63 times)

LaSINda

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Help
« on: August 31, 2007, 08:09:00 PM »

More recently I bought an updated/hacked firmware xbox 360 and have been having loads of trouble with getting my backups to boot and play properly.

-Samsung TS-H943
-MS28 version using Xtreme 5.2
-Download only well known scene releases
-So far I have used Ridata discs  (will be switching to Verbatim)

Burners used:

-Samsung TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S182M
-PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-111D

Burning Software:

-Clone CD version 5.2.9.1

Now, I realize that not all of the games may work properly, but I have yet to burn a disc that doesn't have problems in some way or another.  All of my backups have booted up, but it's very random.  On occasion one or all will boot up right away and play for a couple of hours, but that is rare.  Most of the time it takes over 30 minutes to get them to boot up, and a lot of times after, they'll freeze up or crash.  Here are some of the common messages that I receive on a very regular basis- "dirty or damaged disc", "unreadable disc", and even "mixed media disc".  For instance, the same game could give me any one of those messages, at any given time.

Today my husband and I took the xbox 360 apart and to make sure that the drive was making the proper connection.  Everything looked fine, but we unplugged and replugged anyway.  That wasn't the problem as we are still having the same issues as before.

Any suggestions and/or help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

sosotiit

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Help
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 05:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(LaSINda @ Aug 31 2007, 10:45 PM) View Post

-Download only well known scene releases

you should hsve read the rules
Plse be advised that we strictly enforce X-S rules against piracy (and/or downloaded material).

thread closed,
-soso

QUOTE(From the Rules @ Jan 23 2007)

Some of the Zero Tolerance Ban issues.. expanded and explained:
Posts, Avatars, Signatures, and Threads that will earn (guarantee) the user a BAN on their account includes:
  • Posting/Requesting/Offering direct or indirect links to Xbox Game Roms/Backups (on media, including Hard drives or burned media, RAR or Zip File, for download or for sale), MS Dashboard Files, and any kind of (direct, indirect, or Kazaa or Torrent type) link to Xbox XDK/Sony SDK Produced Homebrew
  • Asking for help with downloaded or rented game backups. This site is not here to help people with their warez, regardless of how they have acquired them.
  • …
    WHAT IS NOT ALLOWED
    Any Talk of downloading games from the internet, newsgroups or any other illegal source. Any talk of downloading SS (copyright ) from the same. Don't spout the old crap I own the game so I can legally download. NO You can not and more to the point don't discuss downloads here, if you wish to keep your account