xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: An Opinion On Mce Capabilites Of Xbox360  (Read 102 times)

nofear04

• Archived User
An Opinion On Mce Capabilites Of Xbox360
« on: August 24, 2007, 02:34:00 PM »

This is a long comment post I left on X3F this afternoon, thought I might get some feedback from the regulars in here about what they think about this

ps-this is in response to the efuse hack found back haxxors

@17 and its ok for player matches be overran by modders?

Anyway, I'm ONLY interested in running some sort of version of XBMC. ZOMG x264 hd without microsoft posturing about codecs. They can easily charge 10 bucks for a codec pack if they really wanted to and would end the bullshit "xvid support leads to piracy issues" by disclaiming the licenser (Microsoft) of any issues that might come up with piracy

Because really, who the hell doesnt just convert their pirated materials to Wmv and just be done with it?

For those who say that support of xvid/divx would kill the XBLVM are wrong. I think the Video Marketplace is a great tool for people who want things KISS'd and dont want to bother with converting or encoding...things most computer savvy videophiles would have down pact

Or better yet, with all this SKU mania that MS has been having lately, MAKE A MCE SKU. Just a 120gb hd, hdmi, and a prepackaged Xbox-native version of Media Center that allows you to put up your videos [xvid, divx, etc] and music with addons. On top of that, offer the software for about 40-60 bucks for those of us who dont wanna shell out for an MCE SKU

Yes, it would be a blantant rip on xbmc. But this way, you dont worry about people hacking xbox just for Media Center purposes therefore losing MS money in the long run and giving us the opinion of having our media center for a cheaper price.

But if you have read to the end of this post...
Congratulations!
But your princess is in another castle getting one-up'd by Luigi :-D