xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xtreme Boot Maker  (Read 102 times)

getRAWed

• Archived User
Xtreme Boot Maker
« on: November 15, 2006, 10:39:00 AM »

After exracting the setup.exe and nfo on to the desktop, double clicking the .exe says "Windows cannot find C:\Documents and Settings\My Name\Application Data\X-Projects\Xtreme Boot Maker\install\1CA6263\Xtreme_Setup.msi. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the start button, and then click Search"

Klutsh said he will look at using a new install builder for the next release but I really need to get the program working now as I have everything I need to flash my 360... except for this program!

Did anyone have this problem and manage to get around it?

Fook-me

• Archived User
Xtreme Boot Maker
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 07:05:00 AM »

bump!

Same error. Please help

spajdr

• Archived User
Xtreme Boot Maker
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 01:16:00 PM »

if you got winrar or any other similar program, select .exe file .. hold down right mouse button on it, move a little to right and stop holding right mouse button, you should see unzip options, choose one and voila you got it unzipped.

Hathor

• Archived User
Xtreme Boot Maker
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 10:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(spajdr @ Jan 5 2007, 07:47 PM) View Post

if you got winrar or any other similar program, select .exe file .. hold down right mouse button on it, move a little to right and stop holding right mouse button, you should see unzip options, choose one and voila you got it unzipped.

its the exe that wont install NOT the rar file unpacking.

I have the same error, previos versions work fine.

Jj_22

• Archived User
Xtreme Boot Maker
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 04:21:00 PM »

I got the same problem and managed to make it work. Here's what's happening.

Your name is probably a name that contains an unsupported character by the setup file.
For example : é è ç are french characters that the setup file doesn't support. Chinese or other character are not supported.

So when the setup file opens a temporary folder in your Documents and Setting for the installation, it will replace these characters by squares (something like # but not exactly).

You gotta go to Documents and Settings and find the folder created by the program, for example :

Instaid of :

C:\Documents and Settings\My Name\Application Data\X-Projects\Xtreme Boot Maker\install\1CA6263\Xtreme_Setup.msi

it will be :

C:\Documents and Settings\M# N#m#\Application Data\X-Projects\Xtreme Boot Maker\install\1CA6263\Xtreme_Setup.msi

Take all the files in this folder and manually copy these files to the real directory :

C:\Documents and Settings\My Name\Application Data\X-Projects\Xtreme Boot Maker\install\1CA6263\Xtreme_Setup.msi

You gotta copy these files DURING the execution of the setup program. Because when you leave the program, it deletes all the temporary directories it has created. You should be OK.

Jean-François Gariépy

andjelko

• Archived User
Xtreme Boot Maker
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 09:33:00 PM »

Everything appears to have loaded fine.  When selecting general options tab to import firmware I get import failed. running xbm v5.3rc1 with extreme 53.  all on desktop.  what gives?

Carty

• Archived User
Xtreme Boot Maker
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 12:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(andjelko @ May 11 2007, 04:33 AM) *

Everything appears to have loaded fine.  When selecting general options tab to import firmware I get import failed. running xbm v5.3rc1 with extreme 53.  all on desktop.  what gives?

0.5.3rc1 is not compatible with 5.3FW, you need to download the updated config file from x-projects.org. Extract it to overwrite the existing file in your installation folder, then it works.

This post has been edited by Carty: May 13 2007, 07:08 PM