xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Getting Updates Without Live!  (Read 176 times)

comradpoplin

• Archived User
Getting Updates Without Live!
« on: November 02, 2006, 05:03:00 AM »

ok i done a quick search and couldnt find anything relating to this so dont all go for me if its been asked before.
i dont have live! and for the time being im quite happy to go on the way i am.
one thing though is the updates is there any way to get them without connecting to live! or are the updates in games just the same updates but produced for people without live! connections?

gangrel_1313

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 11:46:00 AM »

I asked this 2 different times on MS's xbox forums, and didnt get an answer yet... Apparently they dont care that you paid $400+ on a 360.. your worthless to them unless you have broadband and get on live..

Fuck MS, fuck their forums and fuck bill gates

jameswalter

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 11:57:00 AM »

Live is free....so why not just signup and download the update.

comradpoplin

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 02:12:00 AM »

unfortunatly a complete lack of broadband in my house at the moment prevents me from connecting to live this would prevent it weather live was free or $400 a year.
so your idea is flawed for me

gangrel_1313

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 07:10:00 AM »

for the most part you can get on live on dialup, I have been, and I have got a update before, but this one is too big.. It will give an error.

This is the tutorial I used...

Romps

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 09:58:00 AM »

Well if u dont have live and want the update u going to have to wait untill its been put on to games
and update from a game disk

jameswalter

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 12:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(Jack Fade @ Nov 5 2006, 09:39 AM) View Post

In case they start banning it's best that we find an alternative, that's why i hope they include future updates in games and such.

The only problem is that OXM said the update will be available at the disc coming with the magazine next month, so it's god damn possible to include the update in future games, problem is, they don't think we're worth it if we don't have Live and don't check ' in the future ' for our FWs.

Hope for the best.

Why did you expect them to make it easy to update your console if you don't have Live.  Does your coffee maker need firmware updates, how about your TV, PS2, treadmill?  Most stuff doesn't need updated unless you are connected to the internet....like say XP....did you expect to be able to call MS and demand an update disk if you don't have the internet....I mean seriously.

comradpoplin

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 12:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(jameswalter @ Nov 5 2006, 09:30 PM) View Post

Why did you expect them to make it easy to update your console if you don't have Live.  Does your coffee maker need firmware updates, how about your TV, PS2, treadmill?  Most stuff doesn't need updated unless you are connected to the internet....like say XP....did you expect to be able to call MS and demand an update disk if you don't have the internet....I mean seriously.

that is just an easy excuse not to supply the updates in other ways.
 so you dont need the 1080i update because you dont have live or any of the other updates simply because you dont indulge yourself in m$ empire of services and what about if they bring out a divx update? you dont diserve or need it because you dont play online games.
You paid £300 for a games console i think you diserve other oppertunities to recieve the updates wich are desighned to enhance the console
windows xp is a terrible example the updates on the most part you recieve for that, are security based and yes there is no need for them if you dont use the internet they are not desighned to add completly new features to the computer
xbox 360 updates are adding more than this to the console video format support /enhanced gameplay and compatiblity.
things wich are usefull without an internet connection

comradpoplin

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 07:16:00 AM »

so infact they do release the updates in games and on magazines wich answers the first question wich i asked.
then i agree there is no need for updates released by microsoft on disc.