xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Isobuster & Maximus-garyopa_xtrm-hitachi_v2_2_stealth With Revised  (Read 124 times)

cr055

• Archived User

***BUMP***

Please Help!

jabroniekilla

• Archived User
Isobuster & Maximus-garyopa_xtrm-hitachi_v2_2_stealth With Revised
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 10:04:00 AM »

what does isobuster show for information?  there should only be CD>Segment 1>Track 1
there should be no video ts or audio ts.

jabroniekilla

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 10:39:00 AM »

read your pm

mjg

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 08:38:00 PM »

I too am having the same problem that is discussed above.  Some insight would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks.

mjg

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 10:41:00 PM »

I have a hitachi V47 and seem to be having the same issue as stated in my last post.  I recently did some searching and found some posts with numerous problems similar to mine.  I am using the Garyopa 2.2 FW. I have flashed my FW correctly but when i go to back up my game it shows up 6.88 MB.  Also showing the Audio and Video files.  After reading through some problems i have started to play a bit and now found my self stuck.  I used the ss.bin i extracted to create a firmware dump.  So Step by step heres wht i did.  

1. CMD prompt: c:> getss.exe F(drive letter) ss.bin
2. c:> Read.bat F ss.bin
  ~ the repsonse i got was:   Util to Dump Original FW F
     Press any key . .
     Dumping Original Firmware
     Press any key to continue . . .
     Completed and saved as XXDX_Original.bin
     Press any Key . . .
     c:>

So my naext question is what to do next?  Please, any insight would be great.

I got the idea above from following this: [
Patching Your Firmware For Stealth[/color]

For now, Stealth firmware can only be used if the drive is already flashed with GaryOPA’s Xtreme v2.1 firmware.

Download Maximus/Carranzafp’s v1.2 Hitachi Stealth Maker from the usual place.  Connect your pre-hacked Hitachi drive to your PC and get it into ModeB using one of the previously mentioned methods.  Open a command prompt, and move to the Tools directory where you extracted the stealth maker.  Use the following command:

read.bat <your_drive_letter> hacked.bin

Ex:  If my Hitachi drive is drive letter G: , I would use read.bat g hacked.bin

Now open the Hitachi Stealth Maker program (hitachi_stealth.exe).  At the top labelled input firmware, browse and select the hacked.bin that you just dumped in the Tools directory.  In the Options section, choose Non Stealth on MODE B and Tray Open.  Click “Generate Stealth FW” and save as stealth.bin in the Tools directory.

Flashing the Stealth Firmware for v47 Hitachi Drives

Open a command prompt and move to the Tools directory.  Notice you will be flashing the “suffix -e” firmware.  Type the following command:

47flash <your_drive_letter> stealth-e.bin 90005000 1000

Ex:  47flash H stealth-e.bin 90005000 1000

Do not advance further until the above command executes without error.  If it errors, keep retrying until it does not!

Next, type the command:

47flash <your_drive_letter> stealth-e.bin 90033000 1000

Ex: 47flash H stealth-e.bin 90033000 1000

Once again, don’t exit until that command executes without error.  If it errors, keep retrying until it does not!

Your drive should now be flashed with the stealth firmware.

Which of course is from the V47 Tutorial.

paulwadams

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 08:20:00 AM »

I also have this issue. Hitachi 47 flashed with Maximus-Garyopa Hitachi-LG Xtreme v2.3 Stealth 8in1 and using isobuster 1.7.

I have tried sending the code FF 08 01 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 but it does not make any difference.

If I hit cancel twice it starts dumping the image but i have never left it long enough to see if it completes as it doesnt sound right. It also appears as a dvd with audio and video folders.

Any help gratefully received. Cant seem to find any solutions on the search.

mjg

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 10:09:00 AM »

So far i have found ateast 2 dozen or so people that have this problem yet no one seems to have a solution.  Its seems to be something with the locked game/security sectors etc.  If anyone has resolved this issue or found a way aorund it please give us your oh godly insight so that we too can learn.  Thanks to those that are viewing this thread and responding.

mjg

• Archived User

mjg

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 10:37:00 AM »

I found these threads:

View Profile

Unlocking Hitachi to read game partition
« on: October 10, 2006, 03:12:53 PM »

I flashed my drive with the 8in1 opa maximus firmware tools and everything flashed fine got all 100. then when i load a disc into isobuster i see the it reads video ts folders which we all know should not. i send the codes from dvdinfopro to unlock and nothing happens. xbox backup creator and drive tools both have the "SECURITY SECTORS EXTRACTION" and "UNLOCK DRIVE" functions greyed out so i cant do anything. im stuck if there is anything i can do....... ps ..... just a side not when i try to restore my drive to origanol firmware i get errors but i also get 100. is this weird.
Huh??

REply:

Re: Unlocking Hitachi to read game partition
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 03:21:09 PM »

You need to get a "reg. patch" for XBOX Backup creator, as with the new firmware being "Full Stealth", the "Backup Creator"
program does not see that your drive has been flashed to Xtreme type.

Plus even with this firmware, Security Sector Extraction is the only option possible, as for some reason the Game part does
not unlock correctly, and also users with Via chipsets report errors when trying to do a "SS" read.

Reply:

View Profile

Re: Unlocking Hitachi to read game partition
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 04:20:10 PM »

this is the reg patch mentioned.
I wouldn't use it unless you really, really need it right now. I have a new build of the app that will handle it more gracefully.
And like garyopa said, game partition viewing has never worked for me with the Hitachi.  Huh

Code:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\Xbox Backup Creator\AppSettings]
"EnableFeatureOverride"="1"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\Xbox Backup Creator\DriveSettings\GDR-3120L]
"Features"="128"

Found thread here:  

http://www.xboxhacke...hp?topic=4316.0

paulwadams

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2006, 03:02:00 PM »

So To clarify, this is because the firmware is so stealth that the apps such as ISOBUSTER do not recognise that they have been flashed? If this is the case what firmware package is compatible with the apps on the Hitachi 47? Surely people have managed to backup their existing games using this drive before so any thoughts? Or is there an app that will work with the Hitachi and the 8in1 firmware that will read the game partition info correctly?

Cheers

paulwadams

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006, 05:57:00 PM »

to add i have tried the regedit on xbox creator v2.3 and it stil does not enable  a dump of the game.
"the hitachi gdr-3120l doesn't have proper support for unlocking the game partition" still appears and it errors as it did before the reg edit.

Redline99 any news of an update that resolves this or any comment would be be great.

Many thanks

P

mjg

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2006, 06:26:00 PM »

I have a 47 and this is how I am doing it.

I use XBOX Backup Creator.

I open the options and choose SH-D162c as I have a Samsung SH-d162c that I read the originals with. I see that GDR 3120L is also a choice. So I think you could use that . (I have not tried). I also uncheck speed boost. Select my drive again at the top pull down menu. Then choos ASPI. (If you can not choose ASPI you need the dll file (can find it at the nero website) and put the dll in the Xbox backup creator folder. Then under the read tab click start. THATs IT. The image will be made for you. Then just burn it with the free program IMGBURN. Your done. ( i did not have to change any settings on the latest version of IMGBURN)

I am not sure yours will be done the same way as I am ripping with a Samsung 162c. but you may want to try the program. Its a simple way to make a backup.

REPLY:

well i finally got a working backup using the wxripper method.. I even used a RITEK D01 disc (Memorex). It is very confusing with the tutorials and the readme in the package. I had previously just been trying to use Isobuster. It was not seeing anything other than the video folders.

So basically, the drive is "locked" similar to a samsung drive before sending the 0800 command? That is odd since that doesn't seem to be the case previously... At least from I have been reading in the forums here.

Thanks everyone.

pb_05

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2006, 06:35:00 PM »

i have v 2.3 and im getting the same error with IsoBuster...except my extraction took really long and writing the image only took a few minutes...

has anybody found a solution please help!!!

paulwadams

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2006, 06:26:00 AM »

oh well, FYI

Joy with wxripper. Previsouly i had crc errors at 0 on each of copy statements but firmware upgarded the drive to Liggy's 3.07 available at http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com and all went through fine with no CRC errors.

Drive is a NEC3520A.