xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mce Installation Only Installs Media Connect  (Read 101 times)

alfaromeo303

• Archived User
Mce Installation Only Installs Media Connect
« on: April 02, 2006, 10:50:00 AM »

Hi,

I've recently reinstalled my Windows Media Center PC. Now I want to install the media center extender again so I go to the XBOX media center button, receive the key, click continue.

Then I download the 81MB file to install the media extender on my PC. Now the problem, it only installs
Media Connect & NOT the media extender. I'm pulling my hairs out because I can not get it fixed, it looks as if it does not detect my media center. With my previous installation everything went properly.

The media center on my PC is running properly by the way. Any ideas?

Regards,

Alfaromeo303

This post has been edited by alfaromeo303: Apr 2 2006, 05:51 PM

celicagt1993

• Archived User
Mce Installation Only Installs Media Connect
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 10:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(alfaromeo303 @ Apr 2 2006, 05:21 PM) View Post

Hi,

I've recently reinstalled my Windows Media Center PC. Now I want to install the media center extender again so I go to the XBOX media center button, receive the key, click continue.

Then I download the 81MB file to install the media extender on my PC. Now the problem, it only installs
Media Connect & NOT the media extender. I'm pulling my hairs out because I can not get it fixed, it looks as if it does not detect my media center. With my previous installation everything went properly.

The media center on my PC is running properly by the way. Any ideas?

Regards,

Alfaromeo303

the most help you can get with media center will be at www.thegreenbutton.com  you'll get more help there.  but here's what it sounds like to me...  it sounds like you don't have rollup 2 installed, and the setup will detect that.  what i would suguess to do is to download and install rollup2 via MS update.  then go here http://www.xbox.com/...lldownloads.htm  and select MS Windows MCE - update rollup 2  instead of the other, and that should work...  if not, let me know