xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can I Somehow Run Emulator For Orginal Xbox Off Of An External Device?  (Read 191 times)

jbp20717

• Archived User

I was thinking that seeing that its posible to stream pictures and music from an external device, it currently limits the 20GB official HDD use to playing the original Xbox emulators.  Now, seeing that getting hold of a 360 HDD at a decent price is nigh impossible here, I was wondering if the emulators could maybe be installed on an external HDD?

I'm not should what speed the emulators need to run at, but aren't they large enough also to store on the 64MB 360 memory cards?

Excuse my ignorance if what I've just typed is utter bollocks, but I really need to play PES5 biggrin.gif

Arakon

• Archived User
Can I Somehow Run Emulator For Orginal Xbox Off Of An External Device?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 06:00:00 AM »

no. the USB devices are readonly and picture/audio only. plus, you wouldn't even have the emulator in the first place, as it's preinstalled on the original MS HDD and the stuff you can download are only updates, not the emulator.

sick_mate_xbox

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 05:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(jbp20717 @ Dec 23 2005, 09:54 PM) View Post

I was thinking that seeing that its posible to stream pictures and music from an external device, it currently limits the 20GB official HDD use to playing the original Xbox emulators.  Now, seeing that getting hold of a 360 HDD at a decent price is nigh impossible here, I was wondering if the emulators could maybe be installed on an external HDD?

I'm not should what speed the emulators need to run at, but aren't they large enough also to store on the 64MB 360 memory cards?

Excuse my ignorance if what I've just typed is utter bollocks, but I really need to play PES5 biggrin.gif

im guessing you bought a core xbox360 package then if you dont have a hard drive?

and plus, with all the security, you dont have enough privliges to install anything you want to USB devices/memory cards etc. (as Arakon said)

jbp20717

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 06:10:00 AM »

Sorry, I thought the file that was downloaded from xbox.com was the emulators dry.gif

I do indeed have a Core system (I didn't preorder - in fact I had to get my Core sent from Italy) and the HDD shortage is really bloody annoying, in my local GAME store some guy told me that at luanch they had 20 Core systems but only 6 hard drives grr.gif

sick_mate_xbox

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 07:11:00 AM »

the file you downloaded from xbox.com is an update for the emulator. im not sure if it is actually the emulator huh.gif

if we had more access eg. a modded xbox. maybe then we could run the emulator executable from a USB device..

RocketMBA

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2005, 03:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(jbp20717 @ Dec 23 2005, 03:17 PM) View Post

Sorry, I thought the file that was downloaded from xbox.com was the emulators dry.gif

I do indeed have a Core system (I didn't preorder - in fact I had to get my Core sent from Italy) and the HDD shortage is really bloody annoying, in my local GAME store some guy told me that at luanch they had 20 Core systems but only 6 hard drives grr.gif

Hard drives can be found, you just have to keep looking! Oh, and I'll thrash you at PES5 sometime.

yaazz

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2005, 12:31:00 PM »

thinking outside the box, you could most likely get a used xbox for the price of the hard drive!