xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox 360 Mce Mpeg Audio Sync Problems  (Read 182 times)

magst

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Mce Mpeg Audio Sync Problems
« on: December 11, 2005, 01:42:00 PM »

The 360 has problems getting the correct audio sync with some mpeg files, not all. Some divx/xvids convert fine to mpeg2 or wmv9. Other have audio that is slightly behind the video (ussually about 250ms for the whole clip).

I have tried numerous things but can't seem to solve this problem.
I have converted the clips with  ffmpeg, tmpgenc xpress, svcd2dvd, and videoma all without succes. Also tried running avi-muxgui before conversion also without effect.

However some clips convert fine, and i tried to find what differences there are between the good and bad clips but i cant seem to find a common cause.

The strange thing is that all clips play fine on the pc, and that some clips have audio sync problem on the 360.  I suspect this is to do with the fact that the pc has numerous codecs and the 360 only 1 (?)

Currently i use tmpgenc xpress with a -250ms delay for the audio for some of my clips. But it is really combersome to do. The videoma xbox 360 convertor works a lot quicker but does not have a sync possibility.

As an example a small mpg video that works fine on my pc (audio in sync), but
when i use the 360 the audio is out of sync in a bad way. Here are the files
specification :

Size 39mb
TVstandard NTSC
video type mpeg1video
resolution 352x240
Bitrate 1403kbps
navpack NO
Audiotype MP2
Sample Rate 44100
Audio bitrate 224kbps

I am in the EU so i have an European xbox 360 attached to a Plasma screen
with the component HD cable, running at 720p. I dont think it has anything to do with ntsc-pal as hdtv is one system (?)

Anyone else on the same track as me, or better yet anyone with a solution would have my eternal gratitude !

adeingolf

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 04:28:00 PM »

I know what you mean.  Im having exactly the same problem - avi/divx files converted using either winavi or videora more often than not, have the audio sync problems.  Whats even more annoying is that DVD files (VOB) that are renamed to .mpg have no pattern or logic to whether they will play or not.  On a few films I have tried and renamed to .mpg, some of the files will play perfect with ss and all and others will say "cannot play this file".  I have even had files that worked perfectly 1 day and the next will not play.

magst

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 01:57:00 AM »

I have had no luck finding a solution to this, did find more people with the same problem.
It seems they all have a netgear router, however this is probably just coincidence as a file streamed from
pc to pc through that same router has no problems.

As i think that electronics should be our "slave" and not the other way around, i have sold my xbox 360 and ordered the previous xbox with chip and big harddisk so i can watch all tv content with xmbc.

Ill come back to the 360 when they solve all the small problems, and someone cracks it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This post has been edited by magst: Dec 19 2005, 09:58 AM