xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox360 Backwards Compatibility.  (Read 363 times)

0wn996

• Archived User
Xbox360 Backwards Compatibility.
« on: December 08, 2005, 09:26:00 AM »

First of all, i know there's allready a thread going on this forum about backwards compatibility, but that turned into a talk about the XEX filetype being used.

What i personally wonder about is which games from the xbox will work on the 360 with MS's emulation software.
I know MS released a list with a shitheap of games that are currently supported, but i also see a lot of games missing from that list.

I was wondering if some of you guys here can try their xbox games on the xbox360 and let us know if it works.

For example:
My personal favorite fighting game is "def jam - fight for new york", but this game is not yet listed by MS as a supported game.
The same thing goes for colin McRae rally05, which isn't on the list, while Colin McRae rally 2004 is !!

So if you have any original xbox games that are not on MS's list, give them a try and let us know if it works.

Thanks for your effort !!

Arakon

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 05:39:00 AM »

if it isn't on the list, it doesn't work, period.
each game has to be actively supported and listed in the emu itself, so any other game will automatically be rejected, even if it could work.

jonny_eh

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 11:09:00 PM »

But that doesn't mean the game won't be supported in the future. I'm not selling some of my favourite xbox games because I'm holding out hope that they will be added in a future update (like today's update that added Splinter Cell).

tnil

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 02:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(jonny_eh @ Dec 11 2005, 12:16 AM) View Post

But that doesn't mean the game won't be supported in the future. I'm not selling some of my favourite xbox games because I'm holding out hope that they will be added in a future update (like today's update that added Splinter Cell).

Yep, same here.  I'm keeping those platinum hits, such as RTCW and Battlefront.  I was expecting at least all the platinum hits to be BC, but oh well.  I'm definitely not selling them biggrin.gif