xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: How-to: Web Browsing On Xbox 360  (Read 1065 times)

ikecomp

• Archived User
How-to: Web Browsing On Xbox 360
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2005, 03:06:00 PM »

Question (might have already been tried) Can you create a text file with media player 10 or some other file player and launch that from the media center's my program list?

ikecomp

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2005, 11:18:00 PM »

Never mind. I just tried it and there is some kind of code that closes it 6 seconds after it opens. But it does initially open in MCE

HushangIVVI

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2005, 05:56:00 PM »

how would u add aim?

Sonicjam

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2005, 07:34:00 AM »

well to surf the web on the xbox 360 there should have frames like the psp one, when people need wipeout pure to surf the page and there

skyypunk

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2005, 08:38:00 AM »

anyone know if its possible to add this to the Media center in Vista 5270?  The folder structure is different, and i cant seem to find a similar place to put the file.

skyypunk

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2005, 10:14:00 AM »

CODE
                  title="Google"
                  id="{0002DF01-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}"
                  CompanyName="Google">
                                     id="{0002DF01-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}"
                      url="http://google.com"
                      title="Google"
                      description="Browse to Google.com" >

"

then ran
RegisterMCEApp.exe /allusers Z:\Windows\ehome\google.xml

Then it shows under Spotlight, More Programs, then under list by name smile.gif

Ryanlash

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2005, 12:41:00 AM »

thanx for posting the pics, how is the text on the big screen vary readable?  it looks like your running it at 1080i... can u still read it? doesn't it flicker?? could you share the info on this..  I just wanna know if it's actually can be used realisticly not just a gimick..

HellHound360

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2006, 03:33:00 PM »

i tried this and i cant get it to work

i have no idea what im doing right now uhh.gif
lol
i did get google to work on the media center on my computer but not on the xbox
i dont see the google link in more programs or anyware else

Could u please give step by step instructions on how to do this from the begining?
that would help me alot and all my friends

TrevE101

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2006, 09:10:00 PM »

well it definetly works, too bad theres no cursor of any sort.  Tried logging in to listen to my streaming radio from sirius.  Got an error that it wasn't designed for remote control interaction.  Is there special tags that will allow a cursor to be used with the remote?  Screenshot below:
IPB Image

ssj4android

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2006, 05:43:00 PM »

The SDK page on extenders. Maybe someone can get something out of that? Well, probably not, since it doesn't really say much. You could look at the rest of the sdk though.
BTW, what's the deal with saying MS?

bikr

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2006, 09:02:00 AM »

Got this running perfectly first try,via VMWare, and was reading xbox-scene on my 360 lst night..  What I'm wondering is though, is there a way to fill the screen with the webpage?  or is there at least a way to code a page that will fill the whole screen rather than just center column..

In the pictures on page 1 it looks like google's home page  fills the screen, the google results dont' fill the screen though.. Let me know if you know how to fill the screen with the page..

Snowboard8422

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2006, 02:41:00 PM »

Do you every think M$ will make a browser without WMC being involved?  It would be a pretty nice feature. A little worthless but cool.

Snowboard8422

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2006, 03:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(bikr @ Jan 11 2006, 04:58 PM) View Post
would be nice.. but until then..

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=479853

Yeah I checked that out, you still need Media center.

Agrajag

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2006, 05:19:00 AM »

I really do not get all this requirement to have Media Center Edition installed. Makes no sense to me. Typical MS. They do something and more times than not, it ends up being crippled by requiring some other element you may not have, really need, or want.

There is no valid reason why the 360 shouldn't be able to use XP (or any system for that matter) to draw data from.

I suspect we'd end up needing someone to write some sort of MCE emulator layer to fake the 360 into thinking it's talking with MCE but is really talking with any other OS.

Think about it. Why should the 360 care where the data is coming from as long as it's formatted correctly?

Forcing us all to run Media Center Edition when we have no interest in using our PC for recording TV and such makes little sense to me.

Then there's the whole Vista question. Is the 360 really going to be less functional under Vista or is Vista going to essentially include MCE-like hooks. If so, then clearly MCE is not, at the core, truly required. It sounds like it's just a current limitation just begging for someone to figure out a way around.

I'm told that music streamed from a MCE system includes things like album art and the like. We had all that with XMC streaming from any source on the older Xbox. God this annoys me.

jizmo

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2006, 05:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(Agrajag @ Feb 1 2006, 02:26 PM) View Post

I really do not get all this requirement to have Media Center Edition installed. Makes no sense to me. Typical MS. They do something and more times than not, it ends up being crippled by requiring some other element you may not have, really need, or want.

There is no valid reason why the 360 shouldn't be able to use XP (or any system for that matter) to draw data from.

Right on. x360 crippled media capabilities are a big joke.
Pages: 1 [2] 3