xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Running Shareware/homebrew On The 360: Just Pulled It Off!  (Read 1075 times)

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
Running Shareware/homebrew On The 360: Just Pulled It Off!
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2005, 03:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(Dannydeman @ Nov 28 2005, 09:40 PM) View Post

Ahh well, i dont care yet...XBMC is good enough for now.

sure is. the media centre part of the 360 will be better though.

what i want to see (after is is hacked), is a 'custom' x360 media centre. it gives a good platform for level competition between ms and open-source.

ksteiner

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2005, 06:57:00 AM »

We're getting closer to modding this and when its moded ill get one. Hopefully you will be able to put mozilla and other sweet things and put windows in it. I dont like linux its hard to use need something like windows xp or maybe the new one vista if theres a away.

death trap

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2005, 07:21:00 AM »

RE: Playing divx/xvid.  If you can use a program to listen to internet radio then surely you can use something like videolan to stream divx/xvid or any other type of media file.  

Someone would need to code a program like the internet radio app we have already seen but stream the media from a local machine using videolan.

For those of you how don’t know what videolan is check here

mbratton

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2005, 07:32:00 AM »

this looks quite promising, actually.  the fact is that data is being sent to and from the 360 and it's RAM (at least, maybe even HDD, too) through [probably] unencrypted ethernet/WiFi.  if we could sneak extra data in and cause an overflow or something of that sort, a hack may be possible.  of course, I'm no real technical guy when it comes to this, and I'm thinking way ahead, but it could be feasible.  for now, I'm stuck trying to get MCE to run on VirtualPC for my PowerBook smile.gif

DivX/Xvid is very possible, just look for the app and make the profile, just like Rhindle said.

I smell homebrew dashboards and media centers just around the corner...

CancerBoy

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2005, 10:36:00 AM »

This is indeed great news. With this I see great potential for the homebrew scene, many talented programmers out there never learnt to program for xbox but I can see alot of homebrew being developed for the 360 this way. But thats just my opinion.

ornerybuzzard

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2005, 11:38:00 AM »

Can somone try to find out how to ftp into the xbox using the the media center pc.
Maybe find a USERNAME/PASSWORD/PORT#    for say flash fxP.

THAT WOULD BE A GOOD START TO GETTING IN THE BOX

crudman

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2005, 12:19:00 PM »

Can somone try to find out how to ftp into the xbox using the the media center pc.
Maybe find a USERNAME/PASSWORD/PORT# for say flash fxP.

THAT WOULD BE A GOOD START TO GETTING IN THE BOX

OMG LOLZ GOOD IDEA?!!!!ONE HUZZAH 4 THE INTARWEBS!!!1111one!etwothree

anthrt

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2005, 01:05:00 PM »

why is everyone calling this an exploit? its obviously been put there intentionally.

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2005, 02:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(anthrt @ Nov 28 2005, 09:12 PM) View Post

why is everyone calling this an exploit? its obviously been put there intentionally.

My thoughts exactly...... dry.gif

DarkSky Forever

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2005, 03:07:00 PM »

Just to clarify a few things - these programs are not running on the 360 what so ever. Your computer is executing all the code, and your xbox is just displaying the information. This won't help the homebrew scene, or any code development for the 360 as the code isn't running on the 360!

CattyKid

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2005, 03:28:00 PM »

Anyoen feel like running the Windows build of OpenDash, if possible?  I know it won't let us do anything, but it will be a program designed for Xbox (kind of) running on (not really running ON) 360.

bho76

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2005, 03:58:00 PM »

well if you could get the emulator stable then you should be able to play it. as you say it is vor viewing mostly. well. hook up your controller to your pc and play away.

lilbplaya3406

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2005, 06:52:00 PM »

There has to be a way to hack this, i know its running off the computer, but its sending stuff from the media center to your xbox360, there has to be a way to redirect the path where its going, andh ave information saved on your hard drive.

LastRitz

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2005, 08:15:00 PM »

anyone know the exact protocol the 360/MCE use to communicate? and if and where do any 360 folders show up on the MCE ...??

Also can someone put that .xex file in the MCE folder where it looks for messenger etc please

this would be a little help in gaining some knowledge

REMEMBER when we all put are damn heads together shit gets done faster, that is the beauty of the internet...

CancerBoy

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2005, 09:11:00 PM »

What potential would that be? You'd be better off just getting a TV-Out adapter for your PC, so the response time wouldn't lag. Just because its going through the 360 doesn't make it some how any better. All the 360 is doing is taking the output and running it to your TV! Its just a $400 TV-Out adapter!

Who knows what the potential will be. I'm just looking forward to what might happen is all. If you disagree that is fine, only time will tell.
Pages: 1 [2] 3