xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Pacthes For The Dashboard  (Read 1040 times)

frOOt lOOps

• Archived User
Pacthes For The Dashboard
« on: November 20, 2005, 12:31:00 AM »

well now this sucks. if you dont have a media center pc you cant stream VIDEO from your pc but you can stream music and and photo's. the only way to get video is a windows media center pc. now is there a way a small patch for pc could be made to stream video and all of the little requirements and how picky they r on video. it will not also allow to play movie files a a cd. no avi or divx. Note: Fuck u J allard and all you shit about oh blablabla you dont need to mod a 360. well there you go dumbass already alot of people are going to want to stream video from their windows xp but cant acuse u. i say i hope u guys get your asses modded. this is terrible. so why cant you add in divx support and why must u buy a widnows media centre pc to stream media.

nectar12

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 12:10:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

ikecomp

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 01:54:00 AM »

You don't have to buy an entire windows media center pc. Just get a copy of windows media center operating system and install it on your computer

krawhitham

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 01:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(ikecomp @ Nov 20 2005, 09:25 AM)
You don't have to buy an entire windows media center pc. Just get a copy of windows media center operating system and install it on your computer

what formats can you do with the media center version of windows

divx/xvid??

deadparrot

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 08:19:00 AM »

What you want is TweakNT.  It is a small patching application for removing timeboms and such on BETA copies of windows.  It can also switch between XP home/pro/server/media center.  All the software is there.  Just not activated!

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005, 10:15:00 AM »

Just download Windows Media Connect. Its free to genuine XP owners. No need to replace the complete OS

wookie_xx

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005, 11:14:00 AM »

That is the problem Chancer.  You can download Media Connect but the 360 will only let you stream music and pictures to it and not video unless you use  a Media Center PC.

I agree completely that this is a dumb set up.  I just got my 360 yesterday and I have Media Connect up and running but the 500GB of video I have on my computer is not available.  The music sounds great though.  You can eaven stream the music while you are in any game.  I dont know If you can get a patch on the pc to work for this because  Media Connect is sharing Video but the 360 dosent even have an option to select video except from a Media Center PC.  So if somebody can find a way to change Media Connect (or build a new app.) so it tricks the 360 into thinking that an xp computer is a Media Center Computer that would be cool.

The only other problem I can see right now with the 360 is that it should have something in the setup to resize your screen.  In the dashboard (or whatever they are calling it with the 360) most of the words on the left hand side of my screen have the first letter or two cut off.  And there is no adjustment in my TV's menue to correct this.  It is an older TV though and I may be the only one having this problem.  I guess it is about time for me to upgrade to an HDTV set.

Thanks for everything guys this is my first post but I have been using this site for a year now and I really appreciate all of the help I have found here.

Love the scene and cant wait for you guys to crack this thing I know it is not a question of IF but WHEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :beer:

Peace

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2005, 11:00:00 AM »

You can download Media Connect but the 360 will only let you stream music and pictures to it

That seems a major oversight. This is one feature people would use. Thats me stuffed then I thought I would be able to do this. One thing certain I ain't throwin a load more money at a differnt OS just to do something that should already be part and parcel.
Thanks for the info beerchug.gif

frOOt lOOps

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2005, 12:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ Nov 20 2005, 07:07 PM)
That seems a major oversight. This is one feature people would use. Thats me stuffed then I thought I would be able to do this. One thing certain I ain't throwin a load more money at a differnt OS just to do something that should already be part and parcel.
Thanks for the info :beer:

:beer: i dont want a new OS. i have all my documents and my pc configured beauatifully. chncer said it perfectly why should we have to buy something that should already be part of the package. i am sure there will be a way to fix it. i hope that there is a patch or something you can do with your pc that will trick the xbox 360 into thinking you have a media centre pc. okay to MS why would you do this, this enocurgaes hacking because people want to to stream video. i say you guys should send an update over live and fix this you guys are cheap. someone send an e-mail to MS. it is encoruaging people who dont want to even pirate games to modify their xbox just because they can't stream video from the regualr windows xp? terrible strategy i bet lots of people will be downlaoding pirate versions of windows xp media centre JUST to watch video on their 360, i would do that but i dont want to change  my OS. terrible. and you think they could have supported divx format and avi. if MS truly wanted to give no reason to mod unless they were to pirate games then you think they would have included this. now people might mod just because of this.

krackheadbill

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2005, 12:35:00 PM »

ok so they fuck us over by not letting us stream video... so why not screw them over and use the windows media center OS anyway. Im sure its all over the "usual places". Problem solved.... beerchug.gif  beerchug.gif  beerchug.gif

toolwerx

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2005, 02:24:00 PM »

mmmhmm

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2005, 02:40:00 PM »

ok so they fuck us over by not letting us stream video

lol.........nobody fucked your over but urself for not being informed.

MS never told anyone that it would be a media center, they repeatedly said it has media center extender built in! Which basically means (and which they have stated before) it is an extension of a media center pc. it has audio capabilities built in while video is handled by the media center pc and sent to your tv through the 360. All codecs and playback is handled by the media center pc thus eliminating the need to update the dash with a constant flow of new codecs; this also means it can playback anything ur media center pc can.

I dont understand why you cant just go get the media center xp software, install it as a second os and use that to stream the video if its that much important to you. You can even stream high def tv and shit.

deadparrot

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2005, 03:41:00 PM »

I'll say it again.  TweakNT should be able to convert your XP setup to a media centre edition without touching your documents or anything.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2005, 04:35:00 PM »

I'll say it again. TweakNT should be able to convert your XP setup to a media centre edition without touching your documents or anything.

You still can't do this without MCE discs even using TweakNT. So you would still need to purchase win XP MCE

deadparrot

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2005, 04:48:00 PM »

Really?  I could have sworn it was a complete conversion!

Damn.
Pages: [1] 2 3