xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: FreeStyle Dash v2.0 RC1.6  (Read 785 times)

xmugen360

• Archived User
FreeStyle Dash v2.0 RC1.6
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2011, 03:04:00 PM »

I have some very wierd minor issues.  Maybe someone can help.  Love the dash now that I figured out I had to save my pathing to my Games folder to get it to appear....

As others have posted deleting folders is not working properly here is what happened to me.  I planned on playing Mass Effect over again so I could have a different save file to load in Mass Effect 2.  Nways I got a disc unreadable and when I checked the Mass Effect folder it was missing alot of files. So I deleted it in FSD figured bad rip re rip.  All was well.  But now in my games list Mass Effect is listed twice.  I only have one folder.  I think it has something to do with how data scans not sure.

For the title update thing Does your Jtag need to be unbanned?  I think I got mine's banned last night sadly accidently trying to troubleshoot kai.  Reason why I ask is when I first tried this feature it was with Fallout New Vegas.  Everything wet real smooth and title updates show on the list for me to make active or inactive etc.  Now when I try it nothing seems to download under my http status noting populates in manage title updates but the wierd thing is when I check my cache folders I do find updates? So it that just a case of not all updates work/install the same?

Now for the kai issue.  Ok got system link patched.  Got Kxam in the root of my USB.  On my PC Kai Engine starts orbital sync etablished got all the right settings checked off port 30000 UDP is open/forwarded both on my router and in Windows...Kai network is reachable.  When I do diagnostics I do see my mac address.  But my jtag never detects the kai engine.  I have no clue why any help is appreciated....

f34rther34pr

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2011, 03:18:00 PM »

guys lets face it- 360 hacking is dead. its pointless IMO to dev apps for it still. all these devs should movbe onto the ps3 as that console actually has a chance still as it was recently hacked AND they got the keys to sign apps for it.

its the truth. face it

Haygar

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2011, 05:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(f34rther34pr @ Jan 12 2011, 09:18 AM) View Post

guys lets face it- 360 hacking is dead. its pointless IMO to dev apps for it still. all these devs should movbe onto the ps3 as that console actually has a chance still as it was recently hacked AND they got the keys to sign apps for it.

its the truth. face it

says the guy who doesn't own a jtag sad.gif

if you're real lucky the game developers might move over to there as well

danthaman673

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2011, 09:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(f34rther34pr @ Jan 12 2011, 07:48 AM) View Post

its the truth. face it

OMG you are kidding right?

I have yet to see the ps3 do a game better than 360, evry1 says it does games like blackops slightly worse and as for hackers having the keys, thats a bad thing for overall for a console as game studios will eventually stop supporting the platform.

skeen

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2011, 11:26:00 AM »

I'm confused and excited about the preliminary SAMBA support.
I don't see SAMBA in the file manager.

EatonZ

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2011, 08:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(f34rther34pr @ Jan 11 2011, 05:18 PM) View Post

its the truth. face it

It's just getting started.. The Xbox platform has always been the best and most fun platform to do stuff on.
And we have at least 4-5 more years before the next iteration comes out. So enjoy these days, they are golden.

Good update, btw.

Sonic-NKT

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2011, 03:53:00 AM »

Nice to see this constant updates smile.gif
sadly xlink kai is still a bit empty... sad.gif

Analogic

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2011, 05:32:00 AM »

Thanks for your help, but I think I've got it. Looks like the old FSD build (first one actually) cannot be updated that way. I did it manually and it works.

Still, some XBLA games are shown in the Homebrew folder. I've set the folders manually, doesn't help...

edit
Nevermind smile.gif

Haygar

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2011, 06:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(Sonic-NKT @ Jan 13 2011, 09:53 PM) View Post

Nice to see this constant updates smile.gif
sadly xlink kai is still a bit empty... sad.gif

Yeah, seems strange. A free alternative to Live and not many use it. Could be a bit much hassle for some to get working but it's well worth it once you do when the numbers are on there.

Midnight Tboy

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2011, 05:26:00 AM »

Ok so I've been using FSD RC1.4 and previous versions for some time now with no issues whatsoever. I've also been using DashLaunch 2.06 to take me straight to FSD on startup as default

When I updated to RC1.5 I also updated to Dashlaunch 2.08...however I encountered a problem.

Sometimes when I turn my console on, it plays the startup animation. The picture stays on that startup animation screen. FSD must be starting in the background, as the fans speed to 100% which FSD is set to, and I get the "<gamertag> has signed in>" but it stays frozen on that screen. It seems to be pretty much every 2nd attempt that the console will freeze on startup to load to FSD.

Also, when in game, if I choose to Exit To Dashboard....The screen would also go black, and freeze again....as if its struggling to load FSD for whatever reason.

I rolled back Dashlaunch to 2.06 again which have never had an issue with, but it still does it.

Also, recently updating FSD to RC1.6 has still not helped.

I've also tried it with/without external USB drive plugged in to try to eliminate...but certainly seems like FSD is the issue.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

stevec25

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2011, 10:39:00 AM »

Midnight Tboy,

I too experienced those problems with dash launch 2.0 after clearing settings. The only thing I found to work was a complete reinstall of FSD 2.0 (I did RC1.4 then updated to latest, was 1.5 at that time).

Disco_Stu25

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2011, 12:48:00 PM »

I have an issue with Freestyle Dash v2.0 RC1.6 where every game that I rip using the dashboard (from DVD to USB0) won't play. They all show up in my xbox360 list but they give me dirty disc error. All GOD games work fine. Any ideas why?

Jasper 256
Freeboot 12611
Dashlaunch 2.08
Freestyle Dash v2.0 RC1.6

f34rther34pr

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2011, 01:49:00 PM »

ur kidding rite? if u guys werent blinded by ur 360 fanboyishness and look at the broad picture then ull realize-jtags will eventually die out, there will never b another hack for the 360 other than firmware mods, and just looking at the x-scene homepage is proof. theres probably 1 new thing every few days as opposed to the ps3(which can easily b hacked now) where theres usually 1 new thing a day, and more at time a day too. also if u havnt noticed- the keys are out fotr the ps3 meaning tht anything can b signed for it.

Ketchup_Bomb

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2011, 07:24:00 PM »

If you figure that the 360 has also been out for a year longer than the PS3, I would think they're on the same timeline.

In a years time from now, the PS3 will probably be developing at the same speed as the 360 is now. It's all part of the console life cycle.

Indeed the PS3 has some potential, but I love my JTAG and I can't see myself giving it up anytime soon. Giving it up for a PS3 is even more farfetched. I hate Sony's consoles.

Also, you might be more convincing if you would actually spell out your words and use proper grammar.

Ketchup_Bomb

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2011, 10:12:00 PM »

Haygar, you do know that this is a PS3 site too, right?

Even though I agree. wink.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4