xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: FreeStyle Dash v2.0 RC1.6  (Read 784 times)

modslave

• Archived User
FreeStyle Dash v2.0 RC1.6
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 11:52:00 AM »

As always THANKS to FSD team for the updates there much apreciated

@HotKnife420 lol for the WW quote

harrytasker

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 01:31:00 PM »

how about bringing the Nand flasher back....

node21

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 03:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(harrytasker @ Jan 10 2011, 03:31 PM) View Post

Not gonna happen.

Haygar

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 03:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(harrytasker @ Jan 11 2011, 07:31 AM) View Post

I'd wait for a stable release before using it anyway if it was in there.

You get the occassional lock up, you don't want that happening while flashing!

Edit: haha bet me

hack.rid

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 04:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(node21 @ Jan 11 2011, 12:21 AM) View Post

Not gonna happen.

sounds quite finity.
not gonna happen AT ALL? or just not in the next few updates?

thanks for your time you guys sacrificing!

regards

stevec25

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 04:10:00 PM »

Great job guys, love the frequent updates! smile.gif

Just one thing, chaps. I've experienced this issue since the first FSD 2 release. Basically, I add the paths to my xbox 360 games folder (called "Games" located in the root of hdd1), and it scans and downloads artwork, covers, no problem. However, when browsing through the xbox 360 games, only the first 3 games show up, and another group of 3 near the end.

If I highlight a game without it's cover and tell it to refresh artwork, it'll download the cover and display it. However, if I push B to exit out of xbox 360 games, then go back in, or even go back in on a subsequent reboot, that cover I manually refreshed disappears again.

When adding the path, I initially left it to "Automatic" for both. I then tried to put tick marks on "Xbox 360" which gave the same result (of course I cleared the old the data first, then re-added it).

I should mention that this behavior is also exhibited if I leave the view as normal (icons), cover, and banner.

Any help/feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

r_f8

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 04:23:00 PM »

I just tried to use the dash to delete a game and it deleted everything on the hard drive. I mean everything. 300 gb of games and apps gone. So, I wouldn't recommend deleting with the dash use the file manager.

DaBuisneZ

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2011, 05:53:00 PM »

Wow that sucks lmao!

stevec25

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2011, 06:14:00 PM »

Unfortunately, I couldn't edit my previous post. The previous issue with the cover art occurs when the games are completely extracted, but the cover art show up correctly if the games are in a GOD container. Does this help narrow it down?

Thanks again.

r_f8

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2011, 07:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(DaBuisneZ @ Jan 10 2011, 07:53 PM) View Post

Wow that sucks lmao!

Yeah but comes with the territory. If you can't stand to lose it don't risk it with beta builds. LMAO. I would submit a log but it deleted everything including FSD it's self.

danthaman673

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2011, 10:06:00 PM »

TU's are no longer in the cache folder??? Can anyone confirm this?? If true it may be for one or both of the following reasons: A:They want to overcome the 20mb (or whatever it is I remember it's small) limit on TU's ....or B: They want to bring in AP 2.5 TU's in by stealth :-) Hmmmm

Like the update! We recently (and for the first time since we did out own version of FSD 1.2 - painstakingly untill FSD 2 was announced) decided FSD 2 RC 1.5 was stable enough to pass on to clients as an alternate to Xexmenu (That we have always used for a baseline dash to boot from dashlaunch) It seems user-friendly enough too (No complaints yet!)

I was unaware that using FSD 2 online with a live profile could cause flagging even when XBL is blocked  sad.gif  Can anyone give more detail on how we know that? I would really like to know (I'm aware of the usual data residue - is that what u mean DarkFiber?) If we knew exactly we could make a little app/plugin to strip this info off a profile perhaps.......

Brgds/Dan

BTW: We are soon releasing a new plugin! We just have to play with it a little more 1st! ;-)

node21

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2011, 09:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(hack.rid @ Jan 10 2011, 06:02 PM) View Post

sounds quite finity.
not gonna happen AT ALL? or just not in the next few updates?

thanks for your time you guys sacrificing!

regards

Not gonna happen AT ALL.  We don't plan to build in every possible app into FSD...just ones that make sense in a "DASH" replacement.  There are already perfectly functioning nand flashers for the 360...use those instead.

QUOTE(r_f8 @ Jan 10 2011, 09:46 PM) View Post

Yeah but comes with the territory. If you can't stand to lose it don't risk it with beta builds. LMAO. I would submit a log but it deleted everything including FSD it's self.

This is really really bad.  Please submit a log so we might be able to get a clue on how that happened.  Sorry.  And thanks for being so understanding.  I'm not sure that I would be!

itoktoeatfish

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2011, 10:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(node21 @ Jan 11 2011, 06:32 PM) View Post

This is really really bad.  Please submit a log so we might be able to get a clue on how that happened.  Sorry.  And thanks for being so understanding.  I'm not sure that I would be!

Ive deleted GODs before with no ill effects but there have been times when I have deleted a GOD, it shows its gone, back out to the main screen and back in to the games list and shows the game there. Try deleting the same games 3 or 4 times and samething. Had to delete using a different file manager or unplug my hdd and delete via my computer.

r_f8

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2011, 11:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(node21 @ Jan 11 2011, 11:32 AM) View Post

Lol, hey it's testing. I can't submit a log. It deleted everything on the drive. Every last file. I think what happened was that there was a Quickboot container at the root of the drive. When I used the freestyle dashboard to delete what I thought was a duplicate game, it was the container and the dash thought it was deleting everything in a game folder and it was at the root of the drive. So it was my fault, but there should be some kind of check. This is pure speculation on my part, but it's logical. I can try to replicate it if you need me to. This is why we backup our backups.

node21

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2011, 02:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(r_f8 @ Jan 11 2011, 01:19 PM) View Post

Lol, hey it's testing. I can't submit a log. It deleted everything on the drive. Every last file. I think what happened was that there was a Quickboot container at the root of the drive. When I used the freestyle dashboard to delete what I thought was a duplicate game, it was the container and the dash thought it was deleting everything in a game folder and it was at the root of the drive. So it was my fault, but there should be some kind of check. This is pure speculation on my part, but it's logical. I can try to replicate it if you need me to. This is why we backup our backups.

This is really helpful, and a really good guess at what went wrong.  We'll look into it for sure.

Thanks!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4