xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: FreeStyle Dash v2.0 RC1.6  (Read 783 times)

marcelosnp

• Archived User
FreeStyle Dash v2.0 RC1.6
« on: January 09, 2011, 05:45:00 PM »

(Added) Notification to Trainers Button, if plugin is not loaded
(Fixed) Manage Trainers showing up in the file delete progress
(Added) Skeleton layout for Trainers Scene

Trainers????
Cheats??? uhh.gif  uhh.gif

Haygar

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 05:57:00 PM »

Really appreciate the updates that keep comin, I hardly get a chance to update before a new one appears smile.gif
(Updated) Registration for Freestyle UI App ???

DARKFiB3R

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 06:06:00 PM »

Looks like another great update, but I use my live profile on my jtag, so...  sad.gif

iwanttheagrocrag

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 06:26:00 PM »

Actually just updated literally 5 minutes before I came to this page. I'm still kinda waiting for them to let us mess with the LED colors again till I use it as my main dash. I'm still using 1.20 with the xdesk skin. And when you download the title updates through the dashboard on 2.0 RC1.6 it doesn't put them in the cache folder, it puts them in there own title update folder which is really weird. I don't like that it does that. Its much harder to keep track of them.

antisniperspy

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 06:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(DARKFiB3R @ Jan 9 2011, 08:06 PM) View Post

Looks like another great update, but I use my live profile on my jtag, so...  sad.gif

So.... login after you load your game/homebrew or whatever. Problem solved

thesonandheir

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 07:04:00 PM »

The updates to this great piece of work are really coming thick and fast, can only admire team FSD for giving us this software.

Thanks again guys!

DARKFiB3R

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 07:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(iwanttheagrocrag @ Jan 10 2011, 01:26 AM) View Post

Actually just updated literally 5 minutes before I came to this page. I'm still kinda waiting for them to let us mess with the LED colors again till I use it as my main dash. I'm still using 1.20 with the xdesk skin. And when you download the title updates through the dashboard on 2.0 RC1.6 it doesn't put them in the cache folder, it puts them in there own title update folder which is really weird. I don't like that it does that. Its much harder to keep track of them.

I think that's the way MS do it now, not 100% sure.

QUOTE(antisniperspy @ Jan 10 2011, 01:35 AM) View Post

So.... login after you load your game/homebrew or whatever. Problem solved

Wouldn't called it solved.

Solved would be being able to boot directly into FSD with my live profile, and then being able to exit and launch games at will, all without fear of stamping my profile with the fact that I have run non MS code.

From what I understand, that just isn't gonna happen, which is a real real shame.

iateshaggy

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 09:26:00 PM »

wtf?
(Fixed) No brown m&m's in dressing room.

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 10:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(DARKFiB3R @ Jan 10 2011, 03:11 AM) View Post

Solved would be being able to boot directly into FSD with my live profile, and then being able to exit and launch games at will, all without fear of stamping my profile with the fact that I have run non MS code.

From what I understand, that just isn't gonna happen, which is a real real shame.

What exactly is the fear here? I undertand that things such as snes360 will show in your GT, but when you log into live, you can erase it off your list if it bothers you (tmk, homebrew achievements don't even show up on a retail console).

Are people worried about having their profile banned from XBL? Is there a precedent for this already, or just blind fear?

QUOTE(iateshaggy @ Jan 10 2011, 05:26 AM) View Post

wtf?

Yea, Van Halen is picky...

... Kinda reminds me of a  this time I was in Sri Lanka (formerly Ceylon) at about 3 o'clock in the morning... Looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweet shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweet shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopkeeper and his son that's a different story altogether.....I had to beat them to death with their own shoes...... Nasty business, really, but sure enough I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show!

admiralxa

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 10:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(iateshaggy @ Jan 9 2011, 09:26 PM) View Post

wtf?

Odd, maybe testing to see if people read the release notes?  Inside jokes?  Seriously, I noticed the "Manage Trainers" option under game options (press Y before launching).  It prompted me to have the plugin.  Getting close, I've been waiting for the trainer system for some games.  

Ketchup_Bomb

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 12:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(HotKnife420 @ Jan 9 2011, 10:02 PM) View Post
What exactly is the fear here? I undertand that things such as snes360 will show in your GT, but when you log into live, you can erase it off your list if it bothers you (tmk, homebrew achievements don't even show up on a retail console).
Anything that you run on the Xbox adds code to whatever profile is signed in.

Like you say, I haven't heard of anyone's profile being banned because they have been signed in on a JTAG console while homebrew was running. However, I would prefer to remain in the anonymous category and I'm sure others that value their Live profile would agree.
(It would be a darn shame if my profile was banned after having paid for the next two years using Microsoft's "promotions." Though I could totally see this happening.)

QUOTE(DARKFiB3R @ Jan 9 2011, 07:11 PM) View Post
QUOTE(iwanttheagrocrag @ Jan 9 2011, 06:26 PM) View Post
And when you download the title updates through the dashboard on 2.0 RC1.6 it doesn't put them in the cache folder, it puts them in there own title update folder which is really weird. I don't like that it does that. Its much harder to keep track of them.
Title Updates are beginning to be stored in partition3/Content/0000000000000000/(Title ID)/    I don't have a reason why, I'm not sure which games are starting to do this, and I have no idea how Microsoft intends to be able to delete TU's using the dashboard "Remove System Cache" feature.
The best I could guess about the last one there, is that they create another folder say "99000000" which contains updates and which the Xbox will look to delete if the user decides to clear the system cache.

But I don't think FSD is doing this. I think they're putting TU's in a completely separate folder which you would then have to move to partition3/Cache/   I'll have to check this out.

@iwanttheagrocrag: Why not use xm360 v2.0d?

Knasen

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 06:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(Ketchup_Bomb @ Jan 10 2011, 08:20 AM) View Post

I think that's the way MS do it now, not 100% sure.Title Updates are beginning to be stored in partition3/Content/0000000000000000/(Title ID)/    I don't have a reason why, I'm not sure which games are starting to do this, and I have no idea how Microsoft intends to be able to delete TU's using the dashboard "Remove System Cache" feature.
The best I could guess about the last one there, is that they create another folder say "99000000" which contains updates and which the Xbox will look to delete if the user decides to clear the system cache.

But I don't think FSD is doing this. I think they're putting TU's in a completely separate folder which you would then have to move to partition3/Cache/   I'll have to check this out.

I've read on other places that TU's currently work like this:

* TU's with the usual "long" filenames  (like TU_16L626M_000000C000000.0000000000083) should still be placed in the 'Cache' folder as usual.

* Some of the newer TU's that has "short" filenames (like TU00000002_00000000) goes into the /content/TitleID/000B0000 folder. Examples of these is for Assassins Creed: Brotherhood and Call of Duty: Black Ops.

I have no idea why MS suddenly would abandon using only the cache dir, but I guess they have their reasons.

marcelosnp

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 09:30:00 AM »

Some games do not have icons
how do I have?

bioshock 2 don´t have
blood drive don´t have

medal of hono don´t have screemshot

Dannermax

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 09:36:00 AM »

Yes,a future feature like adding paths for retail games and live marketplace stuff without having to edit files and adding it manually..So that it could be done from the UI. I guess this wouldent take much time to implement.. Just my thoughts..

a second request would be a skin for freestyle which had the same style of game listing as freestyle dash 1.2..

Oh wait, its not a request but a demand....yeah! smile.gif

And many thanks, by the way, for this awesone piece of software.. You have come a long way..!

Twis7eD

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2011, 09:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(DARKFiB3R @ Jan 9 2011, 08:11 PM) View Post

It's not going to happen because all homebrew code that is played will show up in some way or another on your profile. Just because something visibly shows up doesn't mean that it wasn't already there in a way that you couldn't see before. I'm pretty sure it gets erased or won't show up on LIVE, but even if it does, I doubt MS would do anything. And if they do anything, then it is your own fault because you are using a LIVE profile. That's why I would just recommend using an offline profile. It's really not a big deal.

QUOTE(HotKnife420 @ Jan 9 2011, 11:02 PM) View Post

... Kinda reminds me of a  this time I was in Sri Lanka (formerly Ceylon) at about 3 o'clock in the morning... Looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweet shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweet shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopkeeper and his son that's a different story altogether.....I had to beat them to death with their own shoes...... Nasty business, really, but sure enough I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show!

Do I smell Wayne's World?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4