xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: FreeStyle Dash v2.0 RC1.5  (Read 1085 times)

kingdt

• Archived User
FreeStyle Dash v2.0 RC1.5
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 10:27:00 AM »

I can set the paths and it finds the games i have fine, just doesn't download the images for them. Have set my marketplace but have been unable to do it on any of the versions. Anyone else have this problem/know what i may be doing wrong?

I do like the new menu style for the settings, much more slick imo

Skevus

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 10:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(kingdt @ Jan 5 2011, 07:27 PM) View Post

I can set the paths and it finds the games i have fine, just doesn't download the images for them. Have set my marketplace but have been unable to do it on any of the versions. Anyone else have this problem/know what i may be doing wrong?

I do like the new menu style for the settings, much more slick imo

Did you add more then one path? because I can add one to.

Check your internet conection because this happened to me once to and the internet was the problem with the covers not downloading...

avpdav

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 02:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(Midnight Tboy @ Jan 5 2011, 04:34 PM) View Post

went on 360 about an hour ago - did not prompt for any updates, neither automatically and by pressing to check

Went on 360, or booted up FSD2? They are totally different things.

Haygar

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2011, 03:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(Skevus @ Jan 6 2011, 04:15 AM) View Post

I am not able to manage my Game Paths, I deleted my old ones since I added games and wanted to add them again but I could only add one path. It's impossible to add paths to  the other folder like xbox1 and EMU once I already include HDD1/Content/

Is it just me or somebody else has this problem to?

You have to press "right" on the D pad then it will give you the options, you just save and keep adding what you want.

kingdt

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2011, 03:52:00 PM »

Cheers Skevus. Checked my connection settings, my IP was manually set but my DNS was set to automatic, had to manually set my Primary DNS and voila.

I really like the look of the game menu's, it's a shame you have to go through the dashboard to get to them.

Has anyone seen USB Loader on the Wii? Something like that would be very nice on the 360. Could have 360 games on one line, XBLA games on another line etc.. and just go up or down on the d-pad to move to the different type of games.

If i had a clue i would do it, but i don't so i am just grateful for what i do have, Thanks FSD team

Midnight Tboy

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2011, 06:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(avpdav @ Jan 5 2011, 11:55 PM) View Post

Went on 360, or booted up FSD2? They are totally different things.

well....went on 360, which booted straight into FSD smile.gif

Tried it this evening too......still not prompting me to update.  I'm on the one previous (presume 1.4?).  Network settings are fine......covers and title updates download no problem

DragonNZ

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2011, 07:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(Midnight Tboy @ Jan 6 2011, 02:34 PM) View Post

well....went on 360, which booted straight into FSD smile.gif

Tried it this evening too......still not prompting me to update.  I'm on the one previous (presume 1.4?).  Network settings are fine......covers and title updates download no problem

You need to select 'Beta updates' under the setting page, by default it only has full version release ticked, and NOT beta updates.
I ticked the Beta update box in the setting screen, and then did a manual check for updates and it found the update fine.

doveman007

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2011, 08:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(troyBORG @ Jan 5 2011, 07:07 AM) View Post

I'm not sure is Kai is different the a normal PC network setup.  But normally your Subnet and DNS should be your routers IP  (192.168.1.1).

I know that normally the Gateway and DNS should be set to my routers IP, but I set them as they are because I read a post advising to do this to reduce the risk of the box connecting to Microsoft or other undesirable servers.

I realise that covers, etc won't be able to download with the settings as they are. If FSD2's KAI settings won't work either, I can just stick with managing KAI on my PC. I don't know if the risk is exaggerated, but I'd rather forgo those features than risk my box getting bricked or reporting me to MS.

I know some people are using iptables on their router to block certain servers, but unfortunately my router doesn't have that facility.

xmugen360

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2011, 08:39:00 AM »

I have been using a real old version of freestyle but figured I should try this new version but it is not finding my games. Didnt really spend much time fussing with it but I would really like to be able to use this.  My problem was it did not see my games in usb0\Games Not sure why.  It never asked to scan either. I did not have my JTAG online cause I am scared of it getting banned not sure if it needed net access to perform this function..Any help is appreciated.

Midnight Tboy

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2011, 12:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(DragonNZ @ Jan 6 2011, 04:24 AM) View Post

You need to select 'Beta updates' under the setting page, by default it only has full version release ticked, and NOT beta updates.
I ticked the Beta update box in the setting screen, and then did a manual check for updates and it found the update fine.

thanks, I'll give that a try this evening.  Could've swore I had beta updates ticked before...but maybe that was set back to off after the previous update.

pwnreceiver

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2011, 02:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(xmugen360 @ Jan 6 2011, 09:39 AM) View Post

I have been using a real old version of freestyle but figured I should try this new version but it is not finding my games. Didnt really spend much time fussing with it but I would really like to be able to use this.  My problem was it did not see my games in usb0\Games Not sure why.  It never asked to scan either. I did not have my JTAG online cause I am scared of it getting banned not sure if it needed net access to perform this function..Any help is appreciated.

First, you could just set the parental controls to block access to Live, then you won't connect to Live and can't get banned, but can get on the net. Secondly, I believe you have to add a source for the games directory in the settings in order for it to scan. Not home so I don't know exactly where, but I believe it's in settings somewhere?? Add usb0\games and it will start scanning.

Midnight Tboy

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2011, 05:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(DragonNZ @ Jan 6 2011, 04:24 AM) View Post

I checked and Beta updates WERE ticked already ...still did not find the updates....nor by deselecting and reselecting

However, found the problem (tho don't know why).

Where I put in my FSD credentials, and had the tick box to "sign in with these credentials", or words to that effect.  If untick that box, it finds the updates no problem.  If I then was to retick the box, it would see no updates again.  Odd.

So far sadly, 1.5 seems quite a bit slower than 1.4 (when using a large external hdd...saying its scanning database entries much longer, before it starts scanning designated folders.)  Maybe worth deleting the old database?  But don't want it to have to redownload all the covers etc as that took forever last time

Do have a problem now, not sure if its the fault of FSD or Dashlaunch, as I updated that to 2.08 at the same time.

When I quit a game to return to the dash (FSD as default), screen seems to crash staying blank, and needs a power off.  Also, sometimes after a console restart (because of the crash) or even from a full power off, the screen appears to freeze at the end of the console intro animation.  The screen is frozen with the icon saying my profile has been loaded, and the FSD 100% fans adjustment has kicked in, so part of FSD has definately been initiated.  Seemed to be near 1 in 3 startups/reboots that would cause a crash

I have however rolled back my DashLaunch back to the 2.06 which I'd been using for a while.....so far so good (but only 3 reboots so far)......so maybe DL caused issue not so sure (but surely if fans etc have kicked in from the FSD setting, then DL's work has completed?

avpdav

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2011, 01:43:00 PM »

I just udated FSD2 last night to whatever the latest version is. But now, my avatar doesn't show up. Is anyone else having this problem? I can view it on the 360 dash, or in video games that use avatars, but not on FSD 2. I just get a black silhouette.

doveman007

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2011, 08:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(Roxxxfanatik @ Jan 7 2011, 10:26 AM) *

Your gateway should be the routers IP, a gateway provides communication to and from your network to another (the interwebs?)

But I don't want my box to be able to access the internet directly, just in case it sends some information to MS or others that causes problems.

your dns is probably also your router or your isp's dns... However i dont think it'll matter since the xbox connect to kai through the pc, wich will be in his broadcasting network... no DNS needed, but it is usefull for FSD to connect to their update server/mediaserver and whatnot...

That's the thing. Even with the settings as they are, I can play games over Kai, so obviously the box can pass traffic to my PC which is running the engine. I don't see why I should have to change the gateway or DNS to get the FSD Kai features working. To be honest, I'm not even sure what those features are or how they'd benefit me, so I'm not gonna worry about it too much.

But ehh... dont you have a dhcp in your router?

Of course, but I set all my IPs manually so I can be sure what IP each machine has and I run some stuff on my PCs that requires it anyway.

goodboysue

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2011, 02:17:00 AM »

well done, good work.
Pages: 1 [2] 3