xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: FreeStyle Dash (FSD) WIP Update - Release When Stable Enough  (Read 580 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
FreeStyle Dash (FSD) WIP Update - Release When Stable Enough
« on: November 19, 2010, 05:40:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | November 19 19:40 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From teamfsd.com:

Progress is coming along. Those of you who have been following the SVN logs know that a lot has been restructured, recoded, and added.

We have added Xlink Kai, Content Database, Restructured the way the game list works by adding dynamic list loading and scanning, image caching, a web-server to easily update and modify content text and / or images.

We have added an internal title update manager to make sure you always have the latest updates for your games, and is managed and backed up all automatically.

There are a lot of new items and changes that unfortunately create new bugs as well.

We understand that the users / donators would love to test our work for us- but as it has been previously stated- there is nothing to test when you can't boot the app, when if for some reason you did get it to boot (maybe with no games being scanned) it would crash every 3 or 4 seconds.

Maybe you want to add a game to your list via FTP- enjoy that crash.

At some point, I think it plain out didn't run on a JTAG system.

Considering that, we are working to correct the bugs we know about. Some are crucial to release, some are just annoying. When we get the crucial bugs fixed and its running stable, we will be considering a release to help knock out the annoying bugs.

Just please think of the time of year it is and what could be going through our personal lives. We have been working on this dash for almost 6 months, out of free time- a lot can change in half a year-

Some of us have changed jobs, some two to three times, some have lost our houses, girlfriends lacking attention, holidays are coming up, US Thanksgiving is next weekend, and 3 weeks later is Christmas. Then New Years. That's a lot of family required time.

Also, Black Ops just came out- it's nice to enjoy a game once in a while instead of helping you guys play your games.

Anyway- we are working on releasing, and will continue to work hard to bring you a quality app-

We will update you again in a little while.

Official Site: teamfsd.com

Shabang22

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 05:47:00 PM »

Reminiscent of Valve/id/Blizzard, it's done when it's done.

This post has been edited by Shabang22: Nov 20 2010, 01:47 AM

Pseudo99

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 05:51:00 PM »

Take your time, guys! 2.0 alpha runs stable enough for daily use for me. You've also added enough new features to make it worth the wait. No more having to run title updates manually is good enough for me!

pudink

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 06:14:00 PM »

if the makers of the software are reading this,guys please prevent xbox to sending ping to xbox servers even if you disabled online functions,at least give us an option to do that please.
It could someday force updates and blow our jtags.thanks

Aldanga

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 06:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(Shabang22 @ Nov 19 2010, 06:47 PM) View Post

Reminiscent of Valve/id/Blizzard, it's done when it's done.

I was about to say the same thing.  laugh.gif

But if it's of that high a quality, I have no issue with it. Also, as has been said, personal lives come before hobby hacking and programming. Cheers to Team FSD.

Haygar

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 06:39:00 PM »

Just please think of the time of year it is and what could be going through our personal lives. We have been working on this dash for almost 6 months, out of free time- a lot can change in half a year-

Some of us have changed jobs, some two to three times, some have lost our houses, girlfriends lacking attention, holidays are coming up, US Thanksgiving is next weekend, and 3 weeks later is Christmas. Then New Years. That's a lot of family required time.

Also, Black Ops just came out- it's nice to enjoy a game once in a while instead of helping you guys play your games.

Anyway- we are working on releasing, and will continue to work hard to bring you a quality app-

Know where you guys are comin' from. Really appreciate all the hard work and like the poster above, the alpha is working good enough for me for now. Take all the time you need  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

iateshaggy

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 07:13:00 PM »

sounds like a good idea, i might play some cod also while i wait patiently. i don't care what that asshole that fired u said, we all think you are a great guy.

Popple

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 07:21:00 PM »

I still havnt even tried out the new freestyle! Great to hear its still being updated!!

And also I remember people had some concerns about it showing up in there profile (achievement list)

Does that still happen on the latest release?

I understand that even if we dont see it, it still exists but being able to see it will result in an instant ban.. So Ive read.

Regardless! Thanks for the work and take as long as you need!

Aldanga

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 07:59:00 PM »

The icon no longer shows up in profiles.

bmwbmwbmw

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 07:59:00 PM »

Would be nice if it was just open from the very beginning as XBMC was.

omegastar

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 10:47:00 PM »

Enjoy the next release in February.

xboxhaxorz

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2010, 11:31:00 PM »

cant complain since its free for the scene. but i hope it has xbox to xbox ftp support. i switched hard drives. but now all my games are on the old hdd and no way to transfer them.

and xm360 only does arcade games sad.gif

Pjoto

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2010, 01:15:00 AM »

Thanks for the update, the new features sounds awsome!
Anyway, happy hollydays FSD-team (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

sudeki300

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2010, 02:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(pudink @ Nov 20 2010, 01:14 AM) View Post

if the makers of the software are reading this,guys please prevent xbox to sending ping to xbox servers even if you disabled online functions,at least give us an option to do that please.

why don't you just take care of that yourself and take off the resistor so it will not be able to update itself. if your that worried about it.........................sudeki300

danthaman673

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2010, 04:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(pudink @ Nov 20 2010, 10:44 AM) View Post

Remove R6T3 (It should have been done by anyone who did ur JTAG as a precaution) FSD (being an app) would/will be unable to achieve this as it happens at the OS around layer 4/5/6 (depending). Also it's not likely to happen unless you accept an update anyway.

BTW/ Team FSD Get some rest!! Sounds like you guys are going a bit too hard! If you guys need more donations then PM us and we'll put a request up on our site. Otherwise, see you on the BlackOps Battlefield!!

An AGM GT: Axel Wiresmith

Brgds and looking forward to a 'stable' release as it would seem it's going to take a LOT of beta testing before you  guys get near an RC/Axel
Pages: [1] 2