xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: FreeStyle Dash v2.0 Alpha Rev 1044  (Read 1424 times)

tiderium

• Archived User
FreeStyle Dash v2.0 Alpha Rev 1044
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2010, 03:59:00 AM »

couple of small issues here

1: I cannot get the time right for the uk

2: I still cannot get rock band 2 to show up either in the games list or via file browser but rock band 1 shows up

any help with either of these would be great. and by help I dont mean "rock band 2 shows up here" thats not helpful.

FrostyWolf

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2010, 06:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(doveman007 @ Jul 30 2010, 09:53 AM) View Post

I'm afraid I have to say I preferred Freestyle 1.2.

One of the reasons I preferred it over NXE is that Freestyle was so much quicker to use, with most things clearly visible and the utilities/settings all accessible by pressing Y.

With NXE/Freestyle 2, you can't clearly see what each blade is for without going to it and there's too many different branches to go through to find things.

I appreciate I'm probably in the minority here and don't want to knock the hard work that's been put into Freestyle 2, which looks amazing, but for me I'm afraid the looks have taken precedence over the usability.

.......You realize the current look is just the default skin, right? Once people start making custom skins, I'm sure there will be one that looks just like FSD 1.2.

mikey1armstrong

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2010, 07:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(lyzanxia @ Jul 30 2010, 10:01 AM) View Post

How do you play dvd-movies when you install dashlaunch with any version of fsd?
I don't seem to find a way..

Not even holding right bumper and going to original dash helps..

After flashing to freeboot so I could use FSD v2.0 I've come across this problem too, anyone know how to?
thanks

loopez

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2010, 08:14:00 AM »

FSD 2.0 almo0st convinced me and it going to kick ass.

For me - biggest issue is that entering menyus ( games, arcade ) take a hell lot of time - during this time FSD is frozen. I have 2TB of games and DLC on XBOX - but what fsd is doing that is slow in this place?

michaelstone

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2010, 09:28:00 AM »

ever since i updated my hdd1 keeps disappearing....go to nxe says no storage found....but if i launch xbla from quicklaunch it still starts even though it says no storage and its on my hdd1...tried with stock hdd too same thing....any suggestion/ideas as to what the hells going on here? lol

snart

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2010, 09:46:00 AM »

Anyone try the nand flasher included with FreeStyle? Is it safe to use to flash a 512 Jasper?

Thanks!

mataman

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2010, 10:15:00 AM »

I wouldn't risk flashing nand with it.

Sunblood

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2010, 03:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(mataman @ Jul 30 2010, 11:15 AM) View Post

I wouldn't risk flashing nand with it.

At least not without one (or two) full dumps first

red_ring_of_box

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2010, 04:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(loopez @ Jul 30 2010, 10:14 AM) View Post

For me - biggest issue is that entering menyus ( games, arcade ) take a hell lot of time - during this time FSD is frozen. I have 2TB of games and DLC on XBOX - but what fsd is doing that is slow in this place?

blink.gif wow that's a lot of games, I'd have to say it is scanning for boxart(etc) assuming your jtag connected to the internet somehow. Is it a black screen that pops up each time? Thats what happened to me but it turns out it was just downloading box art/game info in this time. After that it didn't show up, but I think a progress screen should be needed as I had this down as a bug until I waited like 30 seconds, lol.

doveman007

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2010, 06:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(FrostyWolf @ Jul 30 2010, 01:54 PM) View Post

.......You realize the current look is just the default skin, right? Once people start making custom skins, I'm sure there will be one that looks just like FSD 1.2.

I have to admit I didn't realise that FSD1.2-like skins might be an option, so yeah I guess I jumped the gun a bit there. I dare say there might even be other skins produced that aren't FSD1.2-like but that I'm happy with, I just find the current default skin (and NXE) unnecessarily cumbersome.

There's certainly a lot of cool stuff about FSD2 that makes me eager to upgrade once a suitable skin's available.

michaelstone

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2010, 08:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(Muzzakus @ Jul 31 2010, 09:30 AM) View Post

Anybody got word on Xbmc being compiled for 360?  That's the only thing that really matters and no word in sight.  I've  got 2 mint condition exploitable jaspers in the wake.  Thinking of offering them for trade for the new slims if there is interest in such trades.

i guess youve never tried googling about xbmc on 360? not gonna happen anytime soon if at all....

DMAddict

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2010, 10:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(red_ring_of_box @ Jul 30 2010, 03:45 PM) View Post

blink.gif wow that's a lot of games, I'd have to say it is scanning for boxart(etc) assuming your jtag connected to the internet somehow. Is it a black screen that pops up each time? Thats what happened to me but it turns out it was just downloading box art/game info in this time. After that it didn't show up, but I think a progress screen should be needed as I had this down as a bug until I waited like 30 seconds, lol.

I see the same issue in that each time I load FSD and go to the Games tab it can take up to a minute to scan before I'll see the games. It doesn't appear to be downloading anything, but rather a caching issue or slowness.
The only other issue I see is that the GPU is running at about 70 degrees in the dash. Other than that great dash.

thesonandheir

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2010, 10:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(michaelstone @ Jul 31 2010, 03:27 PM) View Post

i guess youve never tried googling about xbmc on 360? not gonna happen anytime soon if at all....

I think a port of mplayer or something like that will appear first as an app then hopefully people can work on it and build it into a decent HD media player that befits the 360.

Just babysteps for now.

dryan433

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2010, 02:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(mikey1armstrong @ Jul 30 2010, 02:18 PM) View Post

After flashing to freeboot so I could use FSD v2.0 I've come across this problem too, anyone know how to?
thanks

because your region is set wrong in your flash config i had this due to it being set to USA when I'm in UK so nothing would play DVD wise now iv set it to region free smile.gif

QUOTE(red_ring_of_box @ Jul 30 2010, 11:45 PM) View Post

this is not the case i have over 100 arcade games and each and every time it takes like 20 sec before showing the menu something with the way its programmed and not only that they have new Dev so all code has been updated to new sdk so there still learning it but there doing very well with the progress they have made so far smile.gif

Drefsab

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2010, 03:45:00 PM »

still cant get the indexer to work, tried en-UK en-US en-GB none work, net connection is good to the dash it downloaded updates fine, cleared data several times still nothing. Network is set to automatic as well in NXE.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5