xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: PCSXR Xenon v0.62  (Read 2704 times)

barnhilltrckn

• Archived User
PCSXR Xenon v0.62
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 03:22:00 PM »

I was having problems trying to figure out what cdrcimg was too so I asked over at libxenon.org and ced give us a link. http://www.libxenon.org/index.php?topic=140.msg1741#new

That is the link to the page he gave us the link on.

joh123

• Archived User
PCSXR Xenon v0.62
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2012, 03:28:00 PM »

I was wondering if there's a way to exit the emulator so that it would go to dashboard/freestyle dashboard or whatever you have set as the default..

barnhilltrckn

• Archived User
PCSXR Xenon v0.62
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2012, 05:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(joh123 @ Mar 24 2012, 05:28 PM) View Post

I was wondering if there's a way to exit the emulator so that it would go to dashboard/freestyle dashboard or whatever you have set as the default..

Well I use zlx browser to load all my .elf's. When I want back into the dash I exit from whatever I am using back to xell, use zlx browser to load mupen64, and then hit the selection that reboots the 360. When it reboots it will take you straight to the dashboard.

joh123

• Archived User
PCSXR Xenon v0.62
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2012, 05:15:00 AM »

I wasn't able to find ZLX-Browser, but I'm gonna try out Xmenu. Which one is better?

And for those who try to run cdrcimg.exe and get a "msvcr100.dll missing", don't try to just download the DLL as you'll get a new error then ("msvcr100.dll is not designed to run blabla").. you have to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package which u can get from there:

http://www.microsoft.....table Package

HotKnife420

• Archived User
PCSXR Xenon v0.62
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2012, 08:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(joh123 @ Mar 25 2012, 12:15 PM) View Post

I wasn't able to find ZLX-Browser, but I'm gonna try out Xmenu. Which one is better?

kboot.conf biggrin.gif

joh123

• Archived User
PCSXR Xenon v0.62
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 01:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(HotKnife420 @ Mar 26 2012, 05:52 AM) *

kboot.conf biggrin.gif

Please elaborate on that, mate wink.gif

Anyway, tried Xmenu but it didn't run (stuck at Executing.. @ xell).. I also read that Xmenu is pretty much outdated compared to ZLX-Browser so now I'm hoping I'll find that from somewhere.. if You can help, please send a PM!

Greetz and sunshine, ..

HotKnife420

• Archived User
PCSXR Xenon v0.62
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 11:19:00 AM »

Here's some libxenon goodies to help people get started. I hope this is "newbie friendly" (because n00b sounds offensive tongue.gif ).

Tools:
 So once you have XeLL Reloaded (latest version at time of this post is v0.991), you're probably wondering what to do with it. You have two options from here:
  1. Update the XeLL portion of your NAND
  2. Use XeLLLaunch (part of DashLaunch) to run the XeLL binary

I should point out that if you update that portion of the nand, then you will be unable to use XeLLous' built-in nand flashing feature, as it hasn't been added to XeLL Reloaded (yet). There is xex for flashing JUST the XeLL portion of the NAND, however I'm not sure if it's XDK or not, so I won't upload until I'm sure.

If you're unsure of which to do, then go with option 2, as that won't change your NAND at all. Your XeLL binary file must be in the same folder as xelllaunch. Your libxenon/homebrew files, on the other hand, will go elsewhere.

Setting up libxenon files:
If you are using a MS/Internal hard drive, then you will need to get a USB stick or USB hard drive to run any libxenon homebrew, right now. It must be formatted as FAT32.

Any libxenon application you put on the drive will need it's program folder to be in the root of the drive. For example, Mupen64 comes with a folder called 'mupen64-360', and a file called 'xenon.elf'. Pcsxr-xenon comes with a folder called 'pcsxr' and a file also called 'xenon.elf'. You will need to rename both of the .elf files to whatever you want, but extract everything so your usb drive looks like this:
CODE

pcsxr/                   (Directory)
Mupen64-360              (Directory)
pcsxr.elf                 *renamed from xenon.elf*
Mupen64.elf               *renamed from xenon.elf*

Now, let's also add the 'kboot.conf' file (found in XeLL download) to the root of the USB drive, and then open it in a text editor. Ignore the beginning, and towards the end you will see 'Linux/ELF BootMenu'. This is where we will edit the file:

# Linux/ELF BootMenu
# Supplying boot-entries is optional - you can delete those from the config to just set "General XeLL options"

; label of the default bootentry -
; If no value is set/set invalid/commented, XeLL defaults to first bootentry
default=zlx_browser

; timeout of the bootmenu in seconds - timeout=0 skips user input completely!
timeout=10

; Kernel / Bootentries
; ! first parameter: kernel path !

pcsxr="sda:/pcsxr.elf"
zlx_browser="sda:/zlx_browser"
nullDC_usb="uda:/nulldc-360.elf"
Mupen64="uda:/Mupen64.elf"

As you can tell, I removed quite a bit from the bottom, and changed my menu entries. The 'default=' entry above is what you can have it auto-launch when your timer reaches 0 (set the timer in the 'timeout' section below it). It looks for the name according to the menu you setup below, so for my example, valid choices for a default launch item would be 'default=pcsxr' or 'default=Mupen64', etc.

One last note about pcsxr-xenon and using bzip'd isos:
Ced2911 has done an excellent job on this emulator so far, and despite all the things it does wonderfully, there are still quite a few issues to sort before it's perfect. The most common problems are freezing during long/multiple loads, audio glitch(ier), and RSOD errors. If you're backups are uncompressed, then the solution is to run cdrcimg on them. Just put cdrcimg.exe in a folder with your psx images, and drag an image file onto the program and it will auto-run. When it is complete, you will have 2 new files: a compressed bin image of your iso, and a table file. The reason cdrcimg creates such a big improvement in performance is not because it's compressing the iso, but because it gives a nice table to help anything trying to execute the information in that iso, to help it find all the addresses easier.

I hope that helps get a few people started; if you have questions I will try and help, but you may want to create an account on the libxenon forums or at least bookmark them to keep up with certain developments.

joh123

• Archived User
PCSXR Xenon v0.62
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 11:41:00 AM »

Hi, thank you very much for ZLX-Browser. However, I'm still having trouble understanding, what's the kboot.conf for?

I could just as well put zlx-browser's elf file on the root of my USB.. and open whatever I need through ZLX..

Or what's the advantage of kboot.conf?

HotKnife420

• Archived User
PCSXR Xenon v0.62
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 02:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(joh123 @ Mar 26 2012, 06:41 PM) View Post

Hi, thank you very much for ZLX-Browser. However, I'm still having trouble understanding, what's the kboot.conf for?

I could just as well put zlx-browser's elf file on the root of my USB.. and open whatever I need through ZLX..

Or what's the advantage of kboot.conf?

The advantage of kboot.conf is that you don't have to load zlx browser. Especially nice if you want to just have a simple menu to choose which app to launch, rather than browse through the entire contents of a flash/usb drive.

joh123

• Archived User
PCSXR Xenon v0.62
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2012, 06:11:00 AM »

Alright, I might look into that when I get home at some point..

Too bad we can't load ROMs from internal HDD, because they are quite huge (at least compared to NES ROMs tongue.gif) and I'd need a helluva USB Flashdrive to store them..

Gazc0igne

• Archived User
PCSXR Xenon v0.62
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2012, 09:48:00 AM »

ever heard of an external USB hard drive?

lol
Pages: 1 [2]