xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: NullDC-360 (DC Emu) W.I.P. Update  (Read 2035 times)

digipimp75

• Archived User
NullDC-360 (DC Emu) W.I.P. Update
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2020, 01:04:00 PM »

DC was an epic console and I can't wait for this release.   Great work Gligli

symbal

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2020, 06:00:00 PM »

*Sigh* Sadly there's not enough Homebrew capable 360s around so this is gonna die in the tricky stages before it gets anywhere near useable, because sadly that's just the way of the world, not enough praise means Homebrew developers just give up when they can't build a team, so everyone here better get out your f #@*ing Pom Poms and cheer the Hell out of these guys.

barnhilltrckn

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 08:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(symbal @ Dec 1 2011, 08:00 PM) View Post

*Sigh* Sadly there's not enough Homebrew capable 360s around so this is gonna die in the tricky stages before it gets anywhere near useable, because sadly that's just the way of the world, not enough praise means Homebrew developers just give up when they can't build a team, so everyone here better get out your f #@*ing Pom Poms and cheer the Hell out of these guys.

What are you talking about???? There are PLENTY of exploitable consoles now with the new glitch attack. This isnt like the "jtag hack" where is was patched out before it was ever released to the public but usable on damn near any 360 out there. Now there are a few that arent able to do this but im sure they will figure those out too.

SpikeMage

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2011, 09:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(symbal @ Dec 1 2011, 06:00 PM) View Post

While appreciated I seriously doubt that most devs make homebrew simply for the praise of others.

symbal

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2020, 10:33:00 AM »

I'm just being realistic here... The 360 has drive FW and almost everyone mod their console purely to play backups, and that includes Jtag & Glitch Hack, yeah it is a sad state of affairs but that is the facts, and every single Homebrew enabled console with a relatively small audience has almost no Homebrew made for it because developers just don't see the point if they don't get enough gratitude for their hard work, i mean just look at how Xbox 1 & Psp Homebrew just fizzled out, and now imagine the amount of people who will mod their 360 for anything more that HDD backups and free DLC.

tactix101

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2011, 01:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(symbal @ Dec 2 2011, 06:33 PM) View Post

I'm just being realistic here... The 360 has drive FW and almost everyone mod their console purely to play backups, and that includes Jtag & Glitch Hack, yeah it is a sad state of affairs but that is the facts, and every single Homebrew enabled console with a relatively small audience has almost no Homebrew made for it because developers just don't see the point if they don't get enough gratitude for their hard work, i mean just look at how Xbox 1 & Psp Homebrew just fizzled out, and now imagine the amount of people who will mod their 360 for anything more that HDD backups and free DLC.

just to pick you up on  few points

not everybody is freetard and mods there console for piracy ( opps i mean back ups what was i thinking )

why would somebody jtag or glitch there 360 just to play copies like the rest of the freetards when a simple drive flash would suffice  

the 360 DID have a small homebrew user base but that will become history since the rgh came out

the original xbox homebrew scene fizzled out ( as you call it ) due to the fact there was damn nearly nothing left to bring out for it and the things that hadn't been brought out was due to limited hardware restraints ( weak cpu and low memory )

symbal

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2011, 02:01:00 PM »

Well the reason people Jtag or Glitch Hack their console is very simple and obvious, there's the practicality of running backups from HDD and thousands of $'s of DLC released every month you would still have to pay for with just using Drive FW, and i hate to say it but the majority of people who have modded any console did it mainly for backups, and Homebrew is just an added extra that becomes a byproduct for most people, i mean I've been a massive fan of Homebrew pretty much since the beginning but Homebrew in general has taken a huge hit since people realised they could actually make money from doing exactly the same thing they once did for free but can now make money on IOS & Android and to a lesser extent XBLA & PSN.

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2011, 05:25:00 PM »

And none of this has anything to do with people making homebrew. You're kind of looking at it through the eyes of a game publisher, which is horse shit (no offense). Just because most people (and I agree with you here) mod their system to get free games - that does not and should not stop homebrew developers from making content. It doesn't even begin to make sense. He's not porting this just to get a bunch of replies on xbox-scene, and MAME 0.72 wasn't ported to Xbox 360 just because lantus was looking for praise. I don't think any talented homebrew developer in their right mind would think, "I'm only going to put all of this unpaid time and effort into this free software if every JTAG owner uses it and thanks me for it."

ruciz

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2011, 07:56:00 PM »

on a somewhat related subject, when this is finished - what are the chances it would also run bleemcast?

Playing your 360, in your Dreamcast emulator, loading up your PSX backups. oh the irony! (yes I am aware that there is a PSX emulator!)
Pages: 1 [2]