xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Xbr_4 (9199 Dashboard Update Question.)  (Read 458 times)

Grandmaster56

• Archived User
Xbr_4 (9199 Dashboard Update Question.)
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2010, 09:17:00 AM »

Ok well if it cant be done then could someone please explain this in that case http://www.thetechgame.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=106239.html

This post has been edited by Grandmaster56: Apr 10 2010, 04:17 PM

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2010, 09:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(Grandmaster56 @ Apr 10 2010, 11:17 AM) *

Ok well if it cant be done then could someone please explain this in that case http://www.thetechgame.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=106239.html

Yea that video is old. Just because it was posted on apr 7th does not mean it is the 9199 kernel. Read around you can't do it. If you actually read that forum you are trying to use as your basis you would have seen that everyone is talking about how that is an old video.  Stop wasting time let this thread die , when it can be done it will be front page news.
 The instructions that are on that page to update the kernel would leave you with a non booting console , XBR is not just an image of the 8955 kernel , it is patched and modified , the actual code. All you are doing with those commands is taking xell and injecting it into your NAND image. Xbr 4 has not been released , i have never heard of that forum and it is probably a bunch of dumb kids. Clearly they want to be able to cheat on MW2 so they are not adults.
The only thing i got from that forum is that nobody knew what they were talking about. The fact that it says XBR4 gives it away , when XBR4 is released it will be in the usual places and will be a big deal on here.

If you are so confident that it can be done then go ahead and follow the instructions and have yourself a nice non-booting 360. You bought you Jtag modded 360 so you don't know enough to even attempt any of that.

This post has been edited by juggahax0r: Apr 10 2010, 04:39 PM

Grandmaster56

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 09:42:00 AM »

Yeah i know and i was only trying to understand how someone did it.Im gonna be waiting for an official XBR/freeboot release befroe i update.But i was simply trying to understand as the video clearly shows his kernal is 9199.

FYI i jtagged both my consoles myself.So how exactly would you know that?

Also i never said once it could be done.As my original post title said its a question about it.I didnt once say it could be done.And i agree it probably is just a bunch of kids.But dont sit there and say i dont know anything just because of my post count.Iv modded over 40 jtag consoles and flashed countless ones.So where you got that information about me buying my console pre-jtagd is news to me.Because it simply isnt true.

This post has been edited by Grandmaster56: Apr 10 2010, 04:47 PM

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2010, 09:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(Grandmaster56 @ Apr 10 2010, 11:42 AM) *

Yeah i know and i was only trying to understand how someone did it.Im gonna be waiting for an official XBR/freeboot release befroe i update.But i was simply trying to understand as the video clearly shows his kernal is 9199.

FYI i jtagged both my consoles myself.So how exactly would you know that?

If that guys kernel is 9199 then it isn't XBR..
I read the wrong persons post so good job i guess on doing your own modding and my bad.
No one did is the easy answer for your question. Click the link and actually go to his youtube page everyone is bashing him for making a fake , he switches the system that he is using off camera...People do that to try and make a name for themselves , you really always need to be more skeptical. If you didn't hear it from xboxhacker or xboxscene don't believe it.

This post has been edited by juggahax0r: Apr 10 2010, 04:51 PM

Grandmaster56

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2010, 09:50:00 AM »

Thats cool.I did see somewhere else on another comment that the video was fake.But im not sure.I was simply asking.Im NOT going to be attempting this myself.I know enough about burning efuses and to be perfectly honest as per the tutorial on that other forum.Mixing an oficial update with a hacked kernal is bad news in my book.Hence why ill be waiting for the official XBR4:)

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2010, 11:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(dschu012 @ Apr 10 2010, 10:16 AM) View Post

That is for installing xell not xbr. xbr 4 is on it's way http://www.xboxhacke...07296#msg107296

That's right it is the instructions for Xell not Xbr my bad, which makes it even more retarded that someone would post it as instructions to update xbr to the new kernel.

ddxcb

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2010, 12:26:00 PM »

We just have to wait till XBR4 has no live and the ping limit is removed.

xmugen360

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2020, 09:53:00 PM »

hey i havent read this post too well so please dont flame me...but i was under impression if you removed the r623 resistor then downloaded the 9199 update...extracted it and edited and recompiled that you could technically do it....It  is basically the equivalent of making your own homebrew dash...just like xbr was made I would assume from 8955...of couse I would imagine it is highly risky and I would see no need for this (other than to be able to take jtag online...) but to claim it is not possible that i am not so sure of...oh well the cat and mouse games continue...

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2010, 11:31:00 PM »

Some people are trying it on xboxhacker , i will check again and see if they made any progress. The problem is going to be the efuses among other things. It burns the efuse before it does the update , so if you have the resistor removed when you do the update if you just tried doing it even on a normal 360 with it removed it will fail and reboot , boot to dash with no error but an unchanged dash version , normally you would get an e80 error because it burned the fuses afterwards leaving you unable to boot with unburned fuses.

The hack still uses the same SMC code it did with the KingKong hack or at least very similar , i'm sure it is different between the MoBo revisions , and until XBR/freeboot their wasn't a whole lot of work being done on retail 360s. Xbr is a patched version of 8955 , and all the SMC patching is done as the system boots when you hit the power button or the eject button for xell , that is why it takes longer to boot , it patches it then reboots after POST and it keeps the system alive , and running an exploitable CB on the new dash. The major issue besides the efuses is the CB the new kernels are made not to run with an old CB. If you open an Xbr image in Flashtool you will see the CX section , it shows the explotiable CB on mine it is a Zephyr so that is a 4558 and the patch 0 is the exploitable 4532 dash from the kinkKong shader hack , and that one is the same on all images.  However the dash you are actually running is the 8955. I guess the major issue is changing the virtual efuses too match what the kernel expects , so they have to find which value has changed and update the virtual fuses to match.

I am by no means an "expert" but i have done a lot of this stuff in the last few months and read a lot , i am not a coder but i am learning , i am more of a hardware guy than software , but that is my basic understanding of it their are a lot more details though. Check out xboxhacker see if they made progress i know i am going too.

This post has been edited by juggahax0r: Apr 11 2010, 06:33 AM

Kamse

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2010, 02:23:00 PM »

Jugga, your last post made me understand a lot more than i've read anywhere else.
Thanks, plus i can't believe that this "phonsey" guy managed to compile a working xenon/zephyr xbr4.

That's really impressive, hope he gets his hands on some falcon/jasper 9199 nands.

This post has been edited by Kamse: Apr 11 2010, 09:34 PM
Pages: 1 [2]