xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Free60 JTAG/SMC XeLL Hack for Jasper-16mb Motherboards  (Read 965 times)

jester

• Archived User
Free60 JTAG/SMC XeLL Hack for Jasper-16mb Motherboards
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2009, 10:01:00 PM »

Why don't people read before they make all these silly posts?

Good to know this has gone from successful test to release. smile.gif

Bannedmuhfugger

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2009, 10:01:00 PM »

Sounds cool but is this kinda thing still in the very first stages? Are there any worthwhile homebrew apps yet? I hope having a 4th way to play SNES, Genesis, N64 roms isnt the point of this...

So jtag hack...linux...how powerful can a system be with 512 mb ram? What is possible.. I guess the Xbox did some impressive things with its whopping 64mb of ram and 733 mhz processor.

Sorry if I sound noobish.. I understand that this opens the door for great things but what is available now thats worth having?

XanTium

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2009, 10:01:00 PM »

Im not 100% sure, but I think all Jaspers that don't show up an internal MU in the dashboard are 16mb ...
Has anyone seen a 256/512mb Jasper without internal MU showing up in the dash?

Poopchute

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 12:07:00 AM »

I am so happy.  I want to thank everyone who spent many many wonderful hours getting this done.  Hopefully this will lead to more people coding and writing programs and apps.  Comeon baby, 256 and 512...

[_BRIAN_]

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2009, 01:23:00 AM »

It looks like right now you can run:
Linux
Snes
Genesis
Video Player Alpha

There might be more but those are what I have seen.  The thing about this hack is once you update you are screwed, so you need to decide whether you want homebrew and are willing to wait or just not have homebrew.  

Note - I am pretty sure those links are ok but if they aren't just let me know and I will take them down.

tomgreen99200

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2009, 02:04:00 AM »

Great work ! Im sure this will lead to great things.

j3ll3

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2009, 03:53:00 AM »

great..

but by the time homebrew will have time to become big.. there'll be little to no exploitable 360's left, coz people are playing 4th wave games... and any 360 made in July 2009 has the 2nd bootloader on it

Ofcourse it's fun and great for the guys who lost their dvdkey to retrieve it

or the sunday afternoon linux programming club

but for the end user it won't be interesting for a long time

I have  heard about unsigned XEX being able to run on homebrew 360's , and being able to play 360 games from USB HDD... then again this is not yet public, or might never become public.

iD4rK

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2009, 04:01:00 AM »

I love you guys  biggrin.gif

Grim187

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2009, 04:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(XanTium @ Nov 8 2009, 09:01 PM) View Post

Has anyone seen a 256/512mb Jasper without internal MU showing up in the dash?

ive seen 5 that where 256, i have another 5 that i haven't checked (are probably 512), any way to swap the nand down to a 16mb?

NoseBreaker

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2009, 07:08:00 AM »

Weird no one posted any info that Wave 4 would kill it.. Not that I'd choose to *maybe* some day have XBMC over new games, but then I wouldnt play a non-stealth leaked COD MW2 that guarantees a ban..

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2009, 07:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(j3ll3 @ Nov 9 2009, 11:53 AM) View Post

great..

but by the time homebrew will have time to become big.. there'll be little to no exploitable 360's left, coz people are playing 4th wave games... and any 360 made in July 2009 has the 2nd bootloader on it

Ofcourse it's fun and great for the guys who lost their dvdkey to retrieve it

or the sunday afternoon linux programming club

but for the end user it won't be interesting for a long time

I have  heard about unsigned XEX being able to run on homebrew 360's , and being able to play 360 games from USB HDD... then again this is not yet public, or might never become public.

True, right now there's really not much of anything. I've installed Ubuntu 7.10 and it works, but it's a bit sluggish and has no sound (though I could try xlokix' driver) or gfx driver. SNES emulation works except for the screen tearing, lack of saving and lack of menu. Genesis emulation suffers from poor sound, and even poorer controls (not to mention lack of support for scd/32x and roms must be in either zip or bin format). SMSPlus loads many roms with horrible colors, etc, so I haven't really played it to see what's up with it.

That being said, the real way to get more out of the 360 homebrew scene is to get involved in it and find some way to contribute, or organize a team that can do things.

QUOTE(NoseBreaker @ Nov 9 2009, 03:08 PM) View Post

Weird no one posted any info that Wave 4 would kill it.. Not that I'd choose to *maybe* some day have XBMC over new games, but then I wouldnt play a non-stealth leaked COD MW2 that guarantees a ban..

What rock were you under? It was front page news and every 'jtag hack' related news post has also included the info about 8xxx dash / wave 4 games.... What were you expecting a personal letter in the mail instructing you NOT to apply the update?

TerminatR

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2009, 08:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(Bannedmuhfugger @ Nov 9 2009, 06:01 AM) View Post

Sounds cool but is this kinda thing still in the very first stages? Are there any worthwhile homebrew apps yet? I hope having a 4th way to play SNES, Genesis, N64 roms isnt the point of this...

So jtag hack...linux...how powerful can a system be with 512 mb ram? What is possible.. I guess the Xbox did some impressive things with its whopping 64mb of ram and 733 mhz processor.

Sorry if I sound noobish.. I understand that this opens the door for great things but what is available now thats worth having?

XBMC is a massive project that has consumed tens of thousands of hours that could be enjoyed by anyone with a modded Xbox.

I'm guessing that even with all 4 hardware variants being supported, the number of Xbox 360's that are able to run homebrew is incredibly low.

I just don't see the time commitment being put into such a small audience. Porting emulators on the other hand is a quick win.

when homebrew becomes mainstream, thats when we are goingto start seeing better apps, including (hopefully) XBMC.

mist4fun

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2009, 09:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(NoseBreaker @ Nov 9 2009, 07:58 AM) View Post

I'm just angry at myself, but with a quick search all I found was that Cars-O-Rama was the first wave 4 with 8498 NXE update, no mention of JTAG.

While WPA2 Live update said "Note: As always, update at own risk and don't do it if u still wanna run the JTAG Hack."

It was on the day of the live fall update.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=690029

NoseBreaker

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2009, 09:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(mist4fun @ Nov 9 2009, 06:37 PM) View Post

It was on the day of the live fall update.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=690029

Yes I'm aware of that

ddxcb

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2009, 10:03:00 AM »

XBMC and other stuff  is been possible with libxenon all of the people here wanted illegal stuff to happen just like te xbox 1, if you want XBMC so bad then go make it right now, im learing bosch pc emulator and getting linux preferd ubuntu distro to port it to the 360.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4