xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: New Xenon Jtag Exploit Wiring  (Read 656 times)

fryc88

• Archived User
New Xenon Jtag Exploit Wiring
« on: April 07, 2013, 05:37:00 PM »

I just got Xenon with CB 1903 today. Installed JTAG hack with 2x diodes method, flashed XBR.bin, and dash starting fine, but xell does not.
Flashed xell.bin - console is dark, not even green light...So i got no CPU key to go further.
Will 3x 330ohm instead of 2 diodes help for that? I just wanted to get this xbox working, for fun, for me, but to work, or any other clues? Flashing xell-1f/2f/others didnt help too, but hacked dash is still running fine

It was virgin when i got it, i was the first to broke seal on case and DVD, plus it had zero dust on mobo/fans, like it was just new from factory...

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 08:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(fryc88 @ Apr 7 2013, 07:37 PM) View Post

I just got Xenon with CB 1903 today. Installed JTAG hack with 2x diodes method, flashed XBR.bin, and dash starting fine, but xell does not.
Flashed xell.bin - console is dark, not even green light...So i got no CPU key to go further.
Will 3x 330ohm instead of 2 diodes help for that? I just wanted to get this xbox working, for fun, for me, but to work, or any other clues? Flashing xell-1f/2f/others didnt help too, but hacked dash is still running fine

It was virgin when i got it, i was the first to broke seal on case and DVD, plus it had zero dust on mobo/fans, like it was just new from factory...

Follow this method except the only difference for xenon is where you connect to the motherboard..

http://www.se7ensins...box-360.545795/

then for xenon
http://www.google.co...c.1.oxYhzRcYgko

click on the first picture that says mod.boxer to see the setup for xenon and where to connect on motherboard.

Mad_Gouki

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 09:34:00 PM »

This is based on the falcon jtag exploit, and instead of the resistors, we are using two diodes (I have been told that 1n914 switching diodes work for this).  This is supposed to be a better method than the 3x330 ohm resistors method.

the original quote from the xboxhacker thread
While I agree that the resistors arent the optimum solution, the current >xenon wiring is indeed very safe. (It doesn't use resistors at all). In fact the 2 signals that you are concerned about are already "pulled up" to Vgpu and the SMC can only pull them low for jtag. There is no possibility of overdrive whatsoever, and those parts can be left in with no harm.

To that end, xenon users should also implement the new level shifting scheme too, as it is electrically superior, and uses less parts.
For xenon use:
j2d2.7---------j2d2.4 (jumper wire)
j1f1.3---|<----j2d2.1
j1f1.4---|<----j2d2.2

and my diagram:

IPB Image
and an alternate diagram using actual images of diodes instead of symbols: http://imgur.com/ptWYM.png

the source image is from: http://www.xbox-scen.../blaster360.php

So, I will be rewiring my box with this method when my new 30 awg wire arrives in the mail.  If I have made an error in the diagram, please let me know so that I may fix it!

Reznik Akime

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 03:22:00 PM »

It looks much cleaner, that's for sure. Other than it being electrically inferior, what are the chances the resistor method will burn something up? I've powered on my modified Xenon 12 dozen times with the 330ohm resistors still in it and have yet to see any sort of problem.

Mad_Gouki

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 04:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(Reznik Akime @ Oct 14 2009, 05:22 PM) View Post

It looks much cleaner, that's for sure. Other than it being electrically inferior, what are the chances the resistor method will burn something up? I've powered on my modified Xenon 12 dozen times with the 330ohm resistors still in it and have yet to see any sort of problem.

I honestly don't know.  If you want to talk to someone more knowledgeable about it, ask Tiros on xh if there is any risk with the resistors.

Reznik Akime

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 05:39:00 PM »

I don't have an account there. Should make one though. Either way I'm not all that worried about it. Thanks for making this diagram though, as I have TONS of these diodes and no more resistors. This will save my lazy self from having to drive 30 miles to the nearest Rat Shack to get anymore.

Mad_Gouki

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 11:09:00 AM »

and here's a picture of my xenon wired up like in the diagram
Please excuse the shitty soldering, I wanted to make sure that it works (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
(IMG:http://imgur.com/e9gJc.jpg)
I can confirm that it works.

Good luck!

This post has been edited by Mad_Gouki: Oct 16 2009, 06:14 PM

Mad_Gouki

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 12:25:00 AM »

here's a new giant wiring guide for both the new jtag wiring for xenon, and the lpt port for the nand.
click for the large image.
(IMG:http://imgur.com/U93J1l.jpg)

This post has been edited by Mad_Gouki: Oct 17 2009, 07:34 AM

Reznik Akime

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 01:12:00 AM »

Thanks again for this. I went ahead and replaced the 330ohm resistors with the diodes anyway out of nothing but boredom. Definitely will be using this in the future for anything else.

steina

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 03:06:00 AM »

Hi. I did this mod yesterday on my xenon with dash 7371, using 1N4148 diodes.
While dumping the nand with nandpro i get an error 'Error: 25C reading block 2D2'.
The reading continued after i got the error and I ended up with an image of 16896kb.
I dumped the nand two more times, but always got the same error message.

How do I check that this image is valid?
I don't want to flash and end up with a bricked console.
Any help is apreciated. Thanks.

red_ring_of_box

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 03:08:00 PM »

if it is your original nand dump and not flashed with xell then it should open up in degraded with the 1bl key(do not ask for it as it is forbidden to post here, google is your friend) and show files inside the .bin as well. Opening it up in a hex editor and it show © Microsoft Corporation 200X(where X is the copyright date) is a good sign as well of a good dump. Regardless make as many dumps as you can to be sure you have a good one before flashing the nand in the 360 with a new one because on of those dumps may indeed work.(I did around 9 and put them all in folders with the date I extracted them and the order of extraction to keep organized)

Also when you do decide to write back to the nand the SMC information from the last console power on is still in there and will corrupt the nand you just flashed onto the 360. So to fix this unplug your console for like 5-10 minutes to clear any smc data after writing your nand to your 360 then plug it back in and enjoy. I failed to do this and had got a E71 error which I described how to fix in this thread/tut I made a while back, and where I got the fix from:

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=694245

Anyway hope it works out for you steina  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This post has been edited by red_ring_of_box: Nov 24 2009, 11:13 PM

Mr.RedRing

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2009, 06:47:00 PM »

This is my first time trying the JTAG/Xell hack.  I wired up my Xenon using this method and nothing happens.  The soldering is fine, not a problem.  All wires are inside the holes and not ontop of or resting on the holes.  Plugged into my computer, all I get is:

Testing LPT device address:0378
Testing LPT device address:0278
Testing LPT device address:03BC
Could not detect a flash controller!
Can not continue

What's the problem?

niai

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 03:18:00 PM »

that has nothing to do with the 3 jtag points it has to do with the ltp (parallel port) not being hooked up right you try using a dioed or trying with/without the resisters

Mr.RedRing

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 11:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(niai @ Dec 2 2009, 05:18 PM) View Post

that has nothing to do with the 3 jtag points it has to do with the ltp (parallel port) not being hooked up right you try using a dioed or trying with/without the resisters

I am totally redoing my soldering at the moment.  Ill let you know how it goes, if it still doesn't work ill take pictures and show them here.  I bet it's something stupid I did wrong and im not catching it tongue.gif

I tried with and without the diode that connects to pin 11 on the LPT end.  From what im reading, I will need the resistors on as I am trying to dump the Nand and then write Xell/XBReboot back to it.

huskerman99

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2009, 01:35:00 AM »

I have done multiple xenon recoveries with the LPT port. However, each one I do, I use an 1888 File from the usual places. I make sure the LDV values are good to go, but each one I have done says type 1 OSIG unknown, which is suppose to mean any drive should work with the system. However, it only seems that hitachi's are working for me. I go into the F/w and flash the key sector, and it works.

I would like to know how to do this on a samsung or benq... is it possible? I manually spoof the key and that does not seem to work (but the same key works with the hitachi's even though OSIG is unknown on the nand dump) I have tried FW tool box... Doesn't work either.
I have googled my eyes out and cannot figure out why it wont work the Benq or sammy. Any ideas? And is it possible to change the OSIG on the nand dump? Link a Tutorial if you know of one. Thanks!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3