xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dumb Question - Game And Movie Ripping.  (Read 120 times)

Bentenrai

• Archived User
Dumb Question - Game And Movie Ripping.
« on: March 11, 2008, 03:55:00 PM »

I have searched but havent found anything. Would it be possible to rip games using your xbox and it's own drive? Just rip them in linux?

What about movies? Any dvd ripping utilities in linux?

What about an ftp program where I could browse the files on mny linux box using my pc?

Oh, and will this ban you from live?

Thanks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Icekiller2k6

• Archived User
Dumb Question - Game And Movie Ripping.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 06:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(Bentenrai @ Mar 11 2008, 10:55 PM) View Post

I have searched but havent found anything. Would it be possible to rip games using your xbox and it's own drive? Just rip them in linux?

What about movies? Any dvd ripping utilities in linux?

What about an ftp program where I could browse the files on mny linux box using my pc?
Oh, and will this ban you from live?
Thanks. smile.gif

The problem with ripping games in Linux is that your drive is no longer in mode b, if you could get it back in mode B then yes its possible (and yes its possible to get it back in mode B, don't know however if any code that is usuable has been published).

Movies is doable, not going to say what tools cause your just lazy...

you can just use: SFTP (winscp it uses the SSH server on a linux box to create a such of 'ftp' server.. its also more secure.. you could ofcourse just install a ftp server...)

The problem is you'll have a nand version that isn't possible to get on live, and a version that doesn't have the 'flag' stuff yet...

so a carefull no, but you should just consider it as a yes so you won't have any regrets...