xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Initial Xbox 360 File System Support  (Read 2001 times)

Bizquick

• Archived User
Initial Xbox 360 File System Support
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2005, 05:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(frOOt lOOps @ Dec 13 2005, 04:05 PM) View Post

hey peke where are some pics or videos.? sounds like a lod of shit. and if you really did get linux running and you claim your dad's work or hey works for MS. hey peke if you were able to get linux running on your xbox then come on this forum ranting on about it because your dad works for MS and he knows about the 360 secruity, guess what? your dad is fired? that is stupid. why not just share your information with people smart enough to not brag about it escpecially when your dad works for MS.

I total agree there.

Now can we stop talking about this guy running linux on his 360 in this thread?

As for what I asked earlyer thank you for the answers. I never said anything about them using the 360 to get thoes images off or not. I was just thinking it was going in the right direction. But now I see all that it is. Moding a firmware on a dvd drive to read the disc you buy at the store hmm. well I forgot there at alot fo people that are very good at that. It looks like its the same thing as what they did to get Gamecube images. Oh well not such a good Idea to look into I guess oh well.

And I have to say this just once Bush is doing the right thing over there I don't like how it all started. But it is the right thing to do. But now that we have netrulized the threat we should do a better job of trying to get the people under control. I hate to say too many good things about Bush because I don't like how he has destroyed our middle class.  enough I better stop.

Nice talking to all of you in here I hope I see some good stuff post later.

cONEction

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2005, 05:56:00 PM »

Off topic : I also have to admit that x-s forum is full of noobs nowdays, sure I was a noob once when I came here 3 years ago, but when the no-solder chips, 007 hacks and softmodding arrived, it ended all the fun here, no serious discussions anymore,  unsure.gif

I hope that the first xbox360 mods will have 60 wires to install  laugh.gif

On topic : So this means, we get a full dump of the original x360 hdd soon?

Pikkon

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2005, 06:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(cONEction @ Dec 13 2005, 08:03 PM) View Post

Off topic : I also have to admit that x-s forum is full of noobs nowdays, sure I was a noob once when I came here 3 years ago, but when the no-solder chips, 007 hacks and softmodding arrived, it ended all the fun here, no serious discussions anymore,  unsure.gif

I hope that the first xbox360 mods will have 60 wires to install  laugh.gif
On topic : So this means, we get a full dump of the original x360 hdd soon?

I agree with you on that one cONEction.There is way to many noobs here that have no idea what there talking about.
I thought the 360 HDD contents got dumped already.

Arakon

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2005, 07:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(peke @ Dec 13 2005, 06:40 PM) View Post

This really aint that big news for me becouse I already have like a week linux running on my xbox 360, but the only problem for me at the moment is that I am unable to type like login. So I am with a litle prob but working on it with my workgroup ( hihi and srry people but if I would have it I won't publish becouse I think it is a lot of good training for you people )

edit: i will post 1 of these day's a foto

how about you commit suicide, you sad attentionbegging bitch?
the "I'll post photos but never release it cause..." thing is so fricking old, it just doesn't work anymore.
no, you didn't put linux on anything. in fact, you couldn't even get a directory listing cause you couldn't spell "ls" right.

crosseye

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2005, 08:37:00 PM »

someone a while back questioned my statement about NO xbox or 360 being needed to rip games. Whether you choose to believe this or not, it IS the way games are ripped. Custom firmware, PC DVD rom, and a little exe. This as I said has been a TIGHTLY held secret that was NOT released to the public. Chose to believe it or not, there will be NO proof provided and NOBODY will tell you exactly how to do it. All they needed to do was change the offsett and layer breakpoint for 360 games. If you still choose to ignore me, I am not the only one who knows about this, I'm sure there are moderators here who know and others.

cONEction

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2005, 12:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(crosseye @ Dec 14 2005, 04:44 AM) View Post

someone a while back questioned my statement about NO xbox or 360 being needed to rip games. Whether you choose to believe this or not, it IS the way games are ripped. Custom firmware, PC DVD rom, and a little exe. This as I said has been a TIGHTLY held secret that was NOT released to the public. Chose to believe it or not, there will be NO proof provided and NOBODY will tell you exactly how to do it. All they needed to do was change the offsett and layer breakpoint for 360 games. If you still choose to ignore me, I am not the only one who knows about this, I'm sure there are moderators here who know and others.

And why is this the "BIG" secret? I dont think its important to know how they ripped the games, the main question is how to play it  laugh.gif

And why do you repeating yourself all the time? I have red that statement 3 times now in this topic

myst1x

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2005, 03:27:00 AM »

I'm looking forward to any new developments with the 360.  All of this new information about the console has inspired me to stay up till the wee hours of the morning trying to catch up on all that's going on in the scene.  Anyway, I'm also curious as to how peke is going to go about proving this Linux deal...

crosseye

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2005, 09:05:00 AM »

ok cONEction, a few things to point out to you.

1. people were quoting me because they were trying to question my statement and understand. I did not repeat myself 3 times, you've been here long enough, you should know what the hell a quote is.
2. I DID restate here on this page what I said earlier because people kept questioning it and how it was possible.
3. it must be a fairly large secret if 90% of people believe the only way to read an xbox game is to FTP your xbox. Also, many people were asking how the hell PI was dumping games, I simply told them.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle cONEction

crosseye

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2005, 10:36:00 AM »

I'm pretty sure it's not gigabit. I'd say streaming games is probably not where we'll find the first hacks. I could be wrong and I'd love for someone to find a way, but I'll stick by modchips being first.

jizmo

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2005, 07:23:00 AM »

Argh. More useless chat abour how to rip games, *sigh*. I can't believe people are more interested in that than wanting to figure out what to put in the hd. I mean, just what good does it do to you to have all your games backed up and useless.

So, hasn't anyone *still* tried to copy wmv-hd videos to the hd from pc and then playing them on bare x360 (without having to have the mce connection). Or running other stuff off the HD? Fiddled aroung with the system files?

I'd like to know how x360 reacts to all this.

Erick

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2005, 08:16:00 AM »

can someone explain why are you guys are so happy about this... i dont get it, what is it suppose to do

crosseye

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2005, 09:12:00 AM »

well jizmo, just because you don't see people in here talking a lot about the hdd, doesn't mean it's not being done. You have to realize, most of the work goes on without the knowledge of the average joe. Just like the filesystem of the hdd, you think they told people the same day they figured that one out...

crosseye

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2005, 10:22:00 AM »

the problem is who cares if it runs unsigned xbox stuff. Then you're just emulating a modded xbox. You see, the 360 would not be exploited just the emulator that runs old xbox stuff. I think some people don't get this idea yet. There's just a virtual stack for xbox, you would at most just crash the emulator not actually get to the 360. Furthermore, the 360 has been designed around preventing a buffer overflow attacks which is what was used for the xbox, so people should just start thinking in different ways.

ryan_the_leach

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2005, 03:00:00 AM »

How about we just don't be racist on this forum. Period.

jojo_nl

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2006, 07:33:00 AM »

I have a few things to comment on this topic.

1. Since when does the topic state anything about political stuff.
2. Why doesn't a admin delete this obvious ridicule post of this peke.
3. Since when has oil anything to do with harddrive data.
4. Why are people answering anyway and flame while it is stated in the rulez not to do so.
5. I am dutch and i speak and write english very well, just as any other dutch inhabitant (we learn this on school)
6. If this man is so clever , he would have know his english to use linux in the first place or he would find
    this http://world.altavista.com
    Since he did neither of those , it is very obvious that the man is telling BS.

Now u admin tell me why you let this forumpost turn out into a kiddy BS topic...

I sincerely don't think serious people like me will have any help from this but frustration which we dont need.

And to you posters that think you should show the man some parts of live and how to behave :

RTFM !!!    which implies the one given here in this forum... since u found this topic u will find that one also , i'm sure.
IMO you just as worst.....

for my question...

I like to know whether this filesystem supports the locking feature which was the case in the original xbox.
It seems that it doesnt have any.. from what i read..
Not all files are encrypted apparently so it seems, but some are. The ones who are encrypted do they use a encryption being the file encrypted on the hd and when its read it is non encrypted or is it a encrypted file that only runs if the kernel decrypts the code ?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]