xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Initial Xbox 360 File System Support  (Read 2070 times)

jron

• Archived User
Initial Xbox 360 File System Support
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2005, 02:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(crosseye @ Dec 13 2005, 10:02 PM) View Post

EDIT: a dependency on oil, and the ability to "control" oil in a foreign nation surrounded by those that HATE the US is two different things. The US DOES depend on oil, just as all other developed nations do. The fact remains, the US can NOT and would NEVER be allowed "control" of ANY oil in Iraq. Don't let conspiracy theorists ruin your logic.

You are half correct, yes, they didn't let us control their oil.... so we took it from them. What the hell do you think we are doing over there man? ;P

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2005, 02:02:00 PM »

The fact remains, the US can NOT and would NEVER be allowed "control" of ANY oil in Iraq. Don't let conspiracy theorists ruin your logic.

Haha don't be that naive.... yay dutchies unite...lemme join  biggrin.gif oohh and yeah we don't really kill your babies.... ok end of useless rant post...sorry bout that

defnator

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2005, 02:07:00 PM »

which equipments needs for compiling on windows/linux?

i mean the xboxdumper?

for linux :gcc 3.4 or 4.0 ?...and other things....

thanks

defnator

crosseye

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2005, 02:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(jron @ Dec 13 2005, 03:08 PM) View Post

What the hell do you think we are doing over there man? ;P

WOW! You think the US is getting the profit from the sale of oil pumped in Iraq right now...Holy shiaaate call 60 Minutes or Dateline. That is an outright lie and total misconception. The US IS rebuilding the infrastructure for oil, but Iraq and Iraq ALONE get the profit from the sale of oil. I mean seriously, USE your brain. Iran, Syria, Egypt, and Iraq itself, would be absolutely livid if the US was getting the money and NOT Iraq. Occupying a country until they can protect themselves has NOTHING to do with what happens when we leave. How will the US "control" the oil then? Oh wait, I know, we will implant a gov't that just gives us money for it....jebus people. Conspiracy theory!
Also, when Hitler was taken out of power, MANY Germans considered themselves to be WAY worse off, but that changed over time. Of course it chaos now in Iraq, but it will change over time. Doesn't mean Saddam should have stayed and saying the majority of people are upset is like saying the majority of 360s is defective...notice the excellent transition back to the 360.

EDIT: you must have also totally overlooked what Muammar Abu Minyar al-Qaddafi did as a DIRECT effect of Saddam losing power. The US got cooperation from a VERY hostile man without even stepping foot in Libya simply because he was afraid they would do the same to him as they did saddam. He freaking told the Italian premier, i believe that's what he is called, that's why he opened up his country.

crosseye

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2005, 02:34:00 PM »

It's a support for the filesystem the 360 HDD uses. The filesystem is known as XTAF, which is just FATX spelled backwards. It will allow them to see the filesystem in the linux build just released.

JohnnyVegas

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2005, 02:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(d0ck @ Dec 13 2005, 07:33 PM)  

all the solderless adapters, and "Auto-installers" done brought everyone in this community, and making people think they know shit when they just running someone elses code..

Amen to that my brother. Except I would not use the term "done" in my statement wink.gif

akodoreign

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2005, 02:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(crosseye @ Dec 13 2005, 03:25 PM)  

WOW! You think the US is getting the profit from the sale of oil pumped in Iraq right now...Holy shiaaate call 60 Minutes or Dateline. That is an outright lie and total misconception. The US IS rebuilding the infrastructure for oil, but Iraq and Iraq ALONE get the profit from the sale of oil. I mean seriously, USE your brain. Iran, Syria, Egypt, and Iraq itself, would be absolutely livid if the US was getting the money and NOT Iraq. Occupying a country until they can protect themselves has NOTHING to do with what happens when we leave. How will the US "control" the oil then? Oh wait, I know, we will implant a gov't that just gives us money for it....jebus people. Conspiracy theory!
Also, when Hitler was taken out of power, MANY Germans considered themselves to be WAY worse off, but that changed over time. Of course it chaos now in Iraq, but it will change over time. Doesn't mean Saddam should have stayed and saying the majority of people are upset is like saying the majority of 360s is defective...notice the excellent transition back to the 360.

EDIT: you must have also totally overlooked what Muammar Abu Minyar al-Qaddafi did as a DIRECT effect of Saddam losing power. The US got cooperation from a VERY hostile man without even stepping foot in Libya simply because he was afraid they would do the same to him as they did saddam. He freaking told the Italian premier, i believe that's what he is called, that's why he opened up his country.

Well I will agree Pres. Bush is doing alot to make money for his people . but his people are not the US. His people are The Vise President and Halabertin (spelling), Oil Companies, and of course Military research firms. This in no way helps the average person in the US. In fact his approval rating is falling daily.

So I dont mind the Bush bashing, But please dont blame the People of the US for his actions (We did not vote him in his relatives did Aka. Jeb Bush.)

akodoreign

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2005, 02:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(handles25 @ Dec 13 2005, 03:52 PM)  

Huh I thought I was in "nix OS for 360".  I must taken a left at "general discussion" instead of a right.

lol nice left wing responce there. Nah I'm an equal opportunity H8R. I want to see Balogavitch in Illiniois get recalled and hes about Left wing as you can get.

Btw H8R is short for Hater. or I hate the game not the players. Or if you want to get realy picky, what I am realy saying is that Politics in the US does not represent the people of The US (only select cities who have money)

dmitri

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2005, 03:05:00 PM »

crosseye - So we have a right to go into a country if we have no proof they have Nuclear Weapons?  You're trying to justify it by saying we found weapons in Lybia?

This is like saying the police or government should have total control, because hey, a couple lives could be saved.

I'm honestly supprised Cheney wasn't impeached for spreading false information to the New York Times.  I guess we'd have no one to run the country if he was gone.  But it's a pretty nice setup..  "leak" intel to NYT on Friday, they go to press.  Then appear on Face the Nation to say "we're going into Iraq, even the NYT times says blah blah".

Please don't ever use WMD ever again.  It's such an ignorant phrase now.  Thank Bush.

Go Democrats.

-dp

handles25

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2005, 03:13:00 PM »

Nix OS on Xbox 360 people, not politics!

There is a time and a place for it, and this is neither.

At least the people with broken english can stay on topic.

Avenger 2.0

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2005, 03:23:00 PM »

Now we're talking about bush... does he have a Xbox?

bigduke

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2005, 03:27:00 PM »

Err any chance we can get back to the topic?,please.

akodoreign

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2005, 03:47:00 PM »

well actualy I found that if you load the FFXI demo and walk along the zone boarder backwards. You can find a chicken and if you feed the chicken medicine it will grow wings.... and then..... it prints a magical map to the treasure trove of black beard the pirate.

ARRRRR!!!!

thats my story and im sticking to it tongue.gif

Gobelet

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2005, 04:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(dmitri @ Dec 14 2005, 01:12 AM)  

SNIPPED: Pointless political rant

Dammit, can't you just go on with your shit on PM? We're here to talk about the Xbox 360, not to start a pointless political debate.

Anyway, I think that the guy who was talking about the modified DVD player is right : people here were trying to find a DVD Drive to replace their Thomsons, and ended up flashing retail Samsung drive with a slightly modified FW that read Xbox DVDs. Maybe they just took the same players and edited the firmware a bit. Even if they didn't use PCs, they could modify the player then rip it through FTP on a modded Xbox.

Pure speculation though, but it can be this.

frOOt lOOps

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2005, 04:58:00 PM »

hey peke where are some pics or videos.? sounds like a lod of shit. and if you really did get linux running and you claim your dad's work or hey works for MS. hey peke if you were able to get linux running on your xbox then come on this forum ranting on about it because your dad works for MS and he knows about the 360 secruity, guess what? your dad is fired? that is stupid. why not just share your information with people smart enough to not brag about it escpecially when your dad works for MS.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5