xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Initial Xbox 360 File System Support  (Read 2002 times)

MrPhunkee

• Archived User
Initial Xbox 360 File System Support
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2005, 11:48:00 AM »

Yes, u can read and put files on the hd this way

kanchke

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2005, 11:56:00 AM »

ok, now back to the serieus stuff !

Did any1 actually went to the Free60 webpage and see what you could actually do to help/contribute to the scene ?

They need high quality pics of the mainboard, the pics they have for the moment are just ... well 'amateurish'

Myself, I'm not too convinced with the 360's gfx and don't own an HDTV so I didn't bought one ... yet.  But if I would have one I would at least try to get those guys some better pics (think panorama) and give them a hand instead of posting all these silly things and wasting your time flaming each other.  
Is this what the scene has become or am I getting old  blink.gif

enjoy,
kanchke

peke

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2005, 11:57:00 AM »

okay I give you one fact my crew helped me a lot, and owh jhea dha I don't wright good I am dutch, and have some spelling problems with language and stuf like that.
but I will send a proof that it works just give me a day becouse I am @ my girlfriends home now

defnator

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2005, 12:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(MrPhunkee @ Dec 13 2005, 07:55 PM) View Post

Yes, u can read and put files on the hd this way

and whats with starting movies/games/mp3 which you did put?

will be playable?

ksteiner

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2005, 12:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(peke @ Dec 13 2005, 08:04 PM) View Post

okay I give you one fact my crew helped me a lot, and owh jhea dha I don't wright good I am dutch, and have some spelling problems with language and stuf like that.
but I will send a proof that it works just give me a day becouse I am @ my girlfriends home now

Until we get proof you are a liar biggrin.gif

And by the way I managed to run linux on by gameboy color and man its reaL GOOD i also got linux on my snes and my atari biggrin.gif

crosseye

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2005, 12:08:00 PM »

How did they get those images you ask. A very tightly held secret among the scene was the ability for certain PC DVD rom drives, with custom firmware and a certain exe, to rip the contents directly off an xbox dvd without needing to FTP. Since MS believed the DVDs could only be read using a hacked xbox, they hold on to the fact that the same would go here. In reality, the same applies this gen as it did last. It looks like the only thing the groups needed to change is the layer breakpoint and the offset.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle....GO JOE!

EDIT: I'm very leery of any dutch people claiming they have hacked anything. I don't know if you guys know about the whole f0en BS with the PSPs, but I believe one of his friends was on here earlier claiming he'd already hacked the hdd a couple weeks ago. No offence peke, but you have no posts and you're dutch. Right now that equalls two strikes in my book. Pictures for proof or three strikes and you're out.

MrPhunkee

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2005, 12:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(defnator @ Dec 13 2005, 08:07 PM) View Post

and whats with starting movies/games/mp3 which you did put?

will be playable?

Mp3: No, since it hast the codecs

movies: yes, wmv

games: no, since it can only be loaded off dvd, thats whats its designed for

having acces to the hd doesn't mean security has just vanished

Romps

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2005, 12:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(crosseye @ Dec 13 2005, 07:15 PM) View Post

How did they get those images you ask. A very tightly held secret among the scene was the ability for certain PC DVD rom drives, with custom firmware and a certain exe, to rip the contents directly off an xbox dvd without needing to FTP. Since MS believed the DVDs could only be read using a hacked xbox, they hold on to the fact that the same would go here. In reality, the same applies this gen as it did last. It looks like the only thing the groups needed to change is the layer breakpoint and the offset.

Thats interesting but do u have anything at all to back it up ?
The first games i belive was ripped using a devkit

Then from there on every bit of info seemed to go along the lines of using the xbox to rip them
The big groups having to do repacks saying it was currupt while transfering from xbox to dvd

And quite a few games from most groups still leaving the info file in the iso from the programmes they used to extract the disc to the xbox hd in first place.

Im not saying u are wrong but i just dont understand why the biggest groups would use the xbox and even leave evidence of this in the iso they make.

When they could just stick the disc into a hacked pc dvd rom and make an iso straight from there ?

wmadoss

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2005, 12:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(peke @ Dec 13 2005, 08:11 PM) View Post

loock youre wright I would think so to if I was in youre place

You know and we know that you are full of shit so please stop spamming the board.

There could actually be some fools here that believe u and it isnt very nice raising their hopes for nothing.

So STOP it...u havent accomplished shit...

OcnewB

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2005, 01:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(crosseye @ Dec 13 2005, 08:15 PM) View Post

EDIT: I'm very leery of any dutch people claiming they have hacked anything. I don't know if you guys know about the whole f0en BS with the PSPs, but I believe one of his friends was on here earlier claiming he'd already hacked the hdd a couple weeks ago. No offence peke, but you have no posts and you're dutch. Right now that equalls two strikes in my book. Pictures for proof or three strikes and you're out.

No offence crosseye (not that i believe him having linux running) but i'm dutch also. So what does that have to do with anything..? If you see my sig i wrote one of the most read (errors 1 thru 21 explained) topics ever in the general/technical xbox(1) sections.. Would me being dutch make that topic less worth?
For all i care the guy was iraq,swiss, american,indian. His answers are just plain stupid but stupifying him becuz he's dutch..?
Comon, youre better than that. pop.gif

crosseye

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2005, 01:35:00 PM »

I'm in no way attacking the Dutch in general OcnewB. I was simply pointing out that this particular person has NO posts, and seems JUST LIKE some of the other dutch guys trying to spread rumors of hacked PSPs, AND hacked 360s. Therefore, I was just stating in MY book and personal opinion, he looks to be one of them with a different name. Go over to any PSP website and ask about f0en and his little minions. Then, look around here for some more of his minions. This guy seems to be the exact same and the fact that his is dutch leads me to put him squarely in that boat only due to: 1. No posts 2. No proof -just like his friends.
I did not mean ALL dutch, I should have explained it better. I just try to learn from history, and this is history repeating itself for the 4th time for me.
So, sorry for upsetting you, I will ninja slap myself.  ph34r.gif

MrPhunkee

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2005, 01:36:00 PM »

i'm dutch as well, this is just rediculous. Btw, the only scammer i knew in psp scene (dont follow it anymore cuz the system doesn't entertain me anymore) was a guy called Yoshihiro and was from France. So all French people are scammers?!

What about America.. Bush makes war for mass destructive weapons that aren't even there.. It's just for having controll over oil, I know. What i'm saying is, the guy is a fucking terrorist.. Irconic eej. So that makes alle citiizens of USA terrorists?

crosseye

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2005, 01:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(MrPhunkee @ Dec 13 2005, 02:43 PM) View Post

i'm dutch as well, this is just rediculous. Btw, the only scammer i knew in psp scene (dont follow it anymore cuz the system sucks) was a guy called Yoshihiro and was from France. So all French people are scammers?!

What about America.. Bush makes war for mass destructive weapons that aren't even there.. It's just for having controll over oil, I know. What i'm saying is, the guy is a fucking terrorist.. Irconic eej. So that makes alle citiizens of USA terrorists?

1. Read my above post
2. Don't ever bring politics in an debate

Your statement about the US controlling oil is conspiracy theory out of control. NEITHER the Iraqi people NOR the Middle East in general, would EVER allow the US to "control" ANY oil in a muslim nation. Secondly, tell the story of the US being terrorists to the hundreds of thousands of Iraqis that were murdered by Saddam. Just because your, and my, news organizations LOVE the story of hate, does NOT mean the people would be more happy if Saddam was back. I could care less if they had WMDs or not. I'm happy those people will one day control their own country without being unmercifully slaughtered by their leader. You don't think Saddam was terrible? Let's have him run your country for a little bit.

ALSO, take note of the direct effect of the US getting out Saddam..Just look up Muammar Abu Minyar al-Qaddafi. If you don't know who the hell he is, he is the leader of Libya. He was worried the US would take action against him because they already "proved" they would move against leaders that A: Help terrorists B:Possess WMDs, C: Threaten the US.
Simply for that fact he opened up Libya to international inspectors...GUESS WHAT HE HAD?

MrPhunkee

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2005, 01:54:00 PM »

Total chaos there. It sure isn't a better place now then it was before. And still that doesnt justify this war, killing all those innocent people for getting Saddam down. And he got another 4 more years.  sleeping.gif

It's a sad world

Now let's turn this 360 degrees in the fun way: haxxor the xbox

crosseye

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2005, 01:55:00 PM »

they didn't need an xbox, that's the whole point. It's done straight from a PC. That's exactly what PI is doing now. It's just a raw dump people. You don't need to do nothing fancy with the xbox or the 360.

EDIT: a dependency on oil, and the ability to "control" oil in a foreign nation surrounded by those that HATE the US is two different things. The US DOES depend on oil, just as all other developed nations do. The fact remains, the US can NOT and would NEVER be allowed "control" of ANY oil in Iraq. Don't let conspiracy theorists ruin your logic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5