xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Live is Hacked  (Read 423 times)

Aldanga

• Archived User
Xbox Live is Hacked
« on: May 23, 2013, 06:12:00 PM »

Looks like the file host is down, so no way to verify this claim is true at the moment.

In an interesting move, how is this hurting Microsoft? I think it would rather hurt the users, though obviously it's bad PR for Microsoft, you'd think he could find a better way to hurt those in charge of LIVE than the people who've been using it.

garyopa

• Archived User
Xbox Live is Hacked
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 06:16:00 PM »

Yeah I agree, it is like the 'hack' into PSN, it took it down for two months, it affected everyone's credit card, and it was rumored to be all because Sony was sueing GeoHot at the time for his Jailbreak.

It didn't hurt Sony, it just hurt the 150 million PSN users instead.

Neptune

• Archived User
Xbox Live is Hacked
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 06:22:00 PM »

I'm more concerned with the fact they are claimed to be non-encrypted passwords. I seriously doubt that. Seems fake. That list of usernames and passwords though, looks like fake email addresses someone generated. None of it makes sense and it's ALL hotmail, yahoo and yahoo.com.my ...Smells fishy...

EDIT:

Just attempted to login to 5 of those yahoo addresses, all weren't registered. I assume the list is fake. This whole thing is probably fake.

slumberpod77

• Archived User
Xbox Live is Hacked
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 06:43:00 PM »

+1
None of my Live accounts are on this list (I have like 8 of them), and none of the credentials I randomly selected off this list work, they all just say "account does not exist".
Also, many of the passwords appear to just be 6 random digits.

I call completely bullshit....

garyopa

• Archived User
Xbox Live is Hacked
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 07:18:00 PM »

OK so since posting this i have been tipped off to some interesting points by some people who wish to remain anonymous which lead me to actually dig deeper into this leak.

1st of all as stated above it appears the bayfiles.com site has not been active for some time with no caches or recent DNS information to be found and is not even owned by the same people who own the official bayfiles website which is apart of the piratebay.

2nd when you play with google dorks you find all sorts of things and a interested follower has found that the above bayfiles link is related to a leak from Anonymous back in 2012 which was said to be apart of the OpIsrael hacks and leaks, but sadly this was also fake and was linked back to earlier 2012, possibly even before then but i do not have the time to waste searching over and over/

3rd when i checked this information about the opisrael leak out i have found a few duplicate information from it leading me to believe that @reckz0r has either obtained the original leak file which was named EuroDB.txt and totalled 142MB in its raw text format or was the false claimed opisrael leak which was named Punisment_Hannibal.rar and contained pretty much the exact data from the EruoDB.txt.

4th For some time now many have known that reckz0r has played with false data before, which false data? that i can prove but for now i must not publish anything as my sources would like to remain anonymous but i can say its some one that reckz0r has been in contact with and attempted to or has worked with in the passed who is very credible with information.

5th When i did question reckz0r about this leak, about the bayfiles domain and suspicion of the duplication's and false data i was told "You ask too many questions my friends, are you having those lovely doubts again? and I'll talk to you in a while." (see below)

So yea for now, i advise all other media not to follow this "big leak" and to take it another way, as a false, fake and repeated fake leak from another fake leak which just makes me laugh big time.

Enjoy.

News-Source #3: Xbox Live Breach Claim (via) CyberWar

Aldanga

• Archived User
Xbox Live is Hacked
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 07:26:00 PM »

That is good news. Thanks for staying on top of this, Gary.  smile.gif

JayDee

• Archived User
Xbox Live is Hacked
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 12:59:00 AM »

bLiGhTy