xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Live Randomly Asking To Login  (Read 279 times)

whoathere

• Archived User
Xbox Live Randomly Asking To Login
« on: November 19, 2012, 08:45:00 AM »

Last Tuesday, after purchasing the new COD, I turn in my Xbox and it asks me to log in to my live account. This hasn't happened in years. My email is already entered (an obsolete email at that) and I type in my password. I get an error that "an error occurred with my account" and that I needed to go to Xbox.com. So I did and it tells me that it looks like someone has been using my account and it wants to send me a security code to my email. Problem is, that email was deactivated like 5 years ago, and my account was updated to send all emails to my current email, but my login is still my old email. So I went through and answered a bunch of questions, only to get an email saying they couldn't identify me. So I called. Lady had me do all of it over again and wait the email. Wednesday night, live is working again. Just turn the system on and live logs in automatically. I figured it was a fluke, until last night. I turned on Xbox and again, it's asking me to log in. Not sure what is going on... Any thoughts?

Aldanga

• Archived User
Xbox Live Randomly Asking To Login
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 07:36:00 PM »

Entering your password is pretty standard now since lots of accounts were compromised via social engineering. I don't remember all the things that can cause it ask for your password again (changing your account details definitely does), but as long as you check the box for remembering the password, it shouldn't happen again on that console.