xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Microsoft Banning Accounts For Early Halo 4 Players  (Read 329 times)

BoNg420

• Archived User
Microsoft Banning Accounts For Early Halo 4 Players
« on: October 17, 2012, 06:36:00 AM »

If people were only smart and realize that playing a MS flagship game early on THEIR service would get you banned.  Really people, really? You are looking for online multiplayer nearly a month before the game is released and you don't realize that achievements and the fact you even loaded the game are logged to your XBOX and to your account?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-...-halo-4-pirates

What does a ban mean for you?

Well they will ban your account forever, no questions asked.  There goes all your content you purchased.  Console bans most likely will accompany the account ban.  So save yourself the troubles and wait 3 more weeks for Halo 4 playing.

This post has been edited by BoNg420: Oct 17 2012, 01:37 PM

SNAAAKE

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 08:53:00 PM »

oh yea its true lol..

I had a guy calling me trying to have to recover his gamertag and I instantly knew he played that halo.

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 06:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(SNAAAKE @ Oct 17 2012, 10:53 PM) View Post

oh yea its true lol..

I had a guy calling me trying to have to recover his gamertag and I instantly knew he played that halo.

yea I cant quite understand why people would play a high profile MS game on there consoles that go online a month in advance.  You figure people would be playing it on RGH or JTAG consoles if anything, but nope they want some multiplayer action!

Maturion

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 01:50:00 PM »

All this ban stuf is still going on, cool to see this. I remember that extreme storm of protest when Microsoft started banning hundreds of thousands of 360s back in like 2007 or so.

But still, playing Halo 4 weeks before it's official release, is like asking for a ban...

jimjom

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 09:05:00 PM »

It's okay, Donnie. They're nihilists.

ca102455

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 02:03:00 PM »

It wouldn't surprise me if M$ stuck the copy out in the first place knowing there's enough idiots out there to play this before release thus identifying them as pirates & banning them!

digipimp75

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 02:11:00 PM »

It's amazing how incredibly stupid some people are.  The fact that they're even asking why they're banned after playing Halo 4 online is proof of that.   Get a JTAG/RGH, moron!  lol

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 03:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(ca102455 @ Oct 22 2012, 04:03 PM) View Post

It wouldn't surprise me if M$ stuck the copy out in the first place knowing there's enough idiots out there to play this before release thus identifying them as pirates & banning them!

Who knows wouldn't be a bad idea since it seems they can't beat the firmware.  It would really surprise me how many people did this, I wish MS would release the numbers...

Someone should ask Major Nelson on his blog and maybe he will blurt it out.

bLiGhTy

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2012, 09:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ Oct 22 2012, 10:46 PM) View Post

Who knows wouldn't be a bad idea since it seems they can't beat the firmware.  It would really surprise me how many people did this, I wish MS would release the numbers...

Someone should ask Major Nelson on his blog and maybe he will blurt it out.

I always amazes me that m$ doesn't release a game that uses the same title ID's that all the hombrew stuff uses, 1 game could use all of them in one hit.

Amazes me even more that they havn't plopped something devious into their windows builds to sniff out and detect any hacking software on the machine or any remotely conected machines!

Of course if they did we would all stop using windows all together...