xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Previously Banned Console No Longer Corrupts Profile?  (Read 317 times)

shambles1980

• Recovered User
Previously Banned Console No Longer Corrupts Profile?
« on: October 19, 2011, 05:37:00 PM »

they released a update after the one that corrupted the hard disk data. which stoped it corrupting data because one of theire fancy laywers told them it was not legal to corrupt peoples data.
(atleast thats my undertsanding of it, i think it was the update directly after the one that corrupted data)

nightmareZz

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 05:21:00 AM »

nice

vism

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 09:45:00 PM »

I tested this with another console and it turns out to be the update on Forza 4 that somehow removes the profile corruption on banned consoles.

Mackam

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 02:51:00 PM »

Just tried this with GOW 3 disc and then went back to working console and profile is corrupt. Anyone else tried this and had success??

It did update but didn't fix the corruption problem. Do you have to connect the banned xbox to live (well attempt too?)

MdMa

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 11:10:00 PM »

I also noticed this after getting my xk3y fitted.

Not that I switch my HDD around, but I did (do) like to install my games to the HDD.

I have never even played on Live and still got banned, so I can only assume it was a dash update that fixed this issue.

Sorry I cannot be of my more help as I have no idea which dash update did the trick.... I never checked!

Mackam

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 10:49:00 AM »

Anyone know what dash version they have when this has started working again?

G'mork

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 06:38:00 AM »

I can confirm working! I noticed this a few weeks ago but only tested it out yesterday when I updated my banned console to LT2.0 and dash 13604.

From what I can tell, it doesn't uncorrupt a profile already corrupted from use on the banned box. I moved it  to my online box and it still shows as corrupt profile. However when I created a new profile on the banned box, and tested on the online box, that does show - as does moving my online profile/game saves HDD between boxes.

So I can confirm it no longer flags profiles/saves. If you want to move your banned box profile to another, you'll have to manually remove the flags on your PC first.

kurze

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 11:35:00 AM »

What about Windows Media Center? I know Media Center was disabled on banned systems. And what about "installing" games to the hdd?

I am super interested to know if it works now..

Thanks!

G'mork

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 03:02:00 AM »

kurze,

The HDD install feature on banned consoles was reinstated since a dash update early-mid 2010.

Can't help with Media Center as I sold off my banned console. Perhaps you could update yours and let us know?

kurze

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 12:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(G'mork @ Dec 12 2011, 03:02 AM) View Post

kurze,

The HDD install feature on banned consoles was reinstated since a dash update early-mid 2010.

Can't help with Media Center as I sold off my banned console. Perhaps you could update yours and let us know?

I would but I my banned system has rrod since then. I was thinking about picking a banned system if the price is right. If I do get ahold of one ill let you know..

macforever2012

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 06:10:00 PM »

Is there another "work-around" solution to get a 12611 banned console to update to 13599 or higher thus permitting installation of these new XGD3 games to its HDD?

coilz

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, 04:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(macforever2012 @ Dec 16 2011, 06:10 PM) View Post

I had a banned Falcon console at kernel 8955 with HDD disabled 2 years ago.

I wanted to see if it would update manually to kernel 13599 using the manual USB thumbstick technique, but it failed to update to 13599 and triggered E66 code and 1-RROD (bottom right corner) during the attempt.

So, as a work around solution, I took out my copy of La Noire (disk 3) burned to a Verbatim disk (XGD2), and upon initial launch it updates this console's kernel from 8955 to 12611 without triggering the E66 error code.

This turns back on the HDD install feature on this banned Falcon!

But I can't get it to update any further beyond kernel 12611, but at least it can now install most games directly to the HDD, but NOT these newer XGD3 games because it can't recognize yet the formatting...12611 is just too old.

Is there another "work-around" solution to get a 12611 banned console to update to 13599 or higher thus permitting installation of these new XGD3 games to its HDD?

Looks like you need to flash back to stock firmware before you update the dash.

cleeseperson

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 01:12:00 AM »

Hello.

sorry for reviving a last year topic; but I have a problem regarding my account.

anyways first up that I played it on a store flash system with firmware 2.0.13599 playing Modern Warfare 3.

then played on my friends flash system with firmware 2.0.13604 trying to play Modern Warfare 3 only found profile got corrupted.

tried playing it at home still on firmware 2.0.12XXX won't recognize it.

played it back at store (2.0.13599) and it still works.

followed a friends + website advice to try create dummy from store and test it at home, no result.

finally got a new system that got updated to the latest version; sadly it doesn't recognize my profile apart from corrupted.
------------------

so the main question is; should I uncorrupt my profile using Modio or simply recover it from Live since I've already got 201K GS from playing offline?

and secondary question; if I did uncorrupt it using Modio, will there be a chance for my profile to be banned?

thank you if you could answer my questions.

G'mork

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2012, 08:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(cleeseperson @ Jan 3 2012, 07:12 PM) View Post

Hello.

sorry for reviving a last year topic; but I have a problem regarding my account.

anyways first up that I played it on a store flash system with firmware 2.0.13599 playing Modern Warfare 3.

then played on my friends flash system with firmware 2.0.13604 trying to play Modern Warfare 3 only found profile got corrupted.

tried playing it at home still on firmware 2.0.12XXX won't recognize it.

played it back at store (2.0.13599) and it still works.

followed a friends + website advice to try create dummy from store and test it at home, no result.

finally got a new system that got updated to the latest version; sadly it doesn't recognize my profile apart from corrupted.
------------------
so the main question is; should I uncorrupt my profile using Modio or simply recover it from Live since I've already got 201K GS from playing offline?

and secondary question; if I did uncorrupt it using Modio, will there be a chance for my profile to be banned?

thank you if you could answer my questions.

Obviously it is the store system which is flagged, and locking your profile to that console. You will want to update the dash to 13604 or above (14699 is fine) on all the consoles you wish to use your profile to prevent this. And yes, un-corrupt the profile using software, which should also be fine assuming that's all you do.