xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbl With Jtag Profile  (Read 173 times)

BoNg420

• Archived User
Xbl With Jtag Profile
« on: October 06, 2011, 09:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(xmouserx @ Oct 6 2011, 10:00 AM) View Post

hey! i have a profile that was created and used in jtag (a lot of xbla, dlc, ect...) can i copy that profile to normal xbox and sign up for xbl with it? is it safe or will i get ban for my console or my profile...?

thanx

I think it logs some JTAG software that you might use while you were signed in on the JTAG.  This might get you banned if they could see something like XEXmenu  or some other software on your profile.  Not 100% sure, I just keep safe by not using my JTAG profile online.

InsaneNutter

• Recovered User
    • Digiex
Xbl With Jtag Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 12:29:00 PM »

I did a lot of research in to this last year, you can find my results here: http://digiex.net/gu...aying-safe.html

To sum it up for the profile to be live safe you can have never loaded ANY homebrew with that profile signed in, that includes XEX Menu, FreeStyle Dash and any other launchers.

If you have played game betas or anything else with that profile it (e.g. arcade games leaked from Pnet) it will not be live safe.

jaroc

• Archived User
Xbl With Jtag Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 01:43:00 PM »

My profile is used frequently with my JTAG and all my 360's that use Xbox Live and I have never run into any problems. I'm not saying it's 100% safe to do so but for me it's never been a problem, and I've used homebrew with the profile signed in.

The one thing that is a big no-no is playing homebrew games that have their own achievements. I believe I read somewhere that when MS sees the homebrew achievements it's an insta-ban.

If I were you I'd just go over your achievements and games played, remove anything like XEX menu, then BACKUP your profile using usbXtafGUI, and start using it on your Live console. I can't see MS banning the console for stuff that your profile has done on another Xbox, but I can see them banning your profile, in which case you have a backup that you can always put back on your JTAG and use.