xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46]

Author Topic: Xbox Live Stopped Tonight For Me  (Read 18802 times)

PeterMesh

• Archived User
Xbox Live Stopped Tonight For Me
« Reply #675 on: May 19, 2007, 06:05:00 AM »

Well.  I have 2 xbox360.  One is samsung 25 and other hitachi 59.

Both have been flashed for over a year now, and i update them both with the newest firmware.  Recently i put a samsung 25 into the hitachi xbox since that drive was playing up, and emulated it to be a hitachi 59.  I have played halo 3 on both xbox and nothing has happened yet.  I upgraded the xbox360's BEFORE i updated to the spring dash.

Reports have been given of NEW unflashed machines getting banned. So noone is really sure about the banning of how, why and what procedures MS are doing in conjunction with banning .. to me it seems very random and blaming the ban on halo 3.  Has it ever occured it may be due to the fact that you may be playing early games that never had the stealth or other information integrated into the copies.  This may also be a factor.  I am staying clear of ealier games which dont have the files needed to emulate an original game.

Just a thought ... and letting you know that i am still up and running ... FOR NOW!!! ohmy.gif)

Peace

dinzy

• Archived User
« Reply #676 on: May 19, 2007, 06:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(bourke @ May 19 2007, 01:02 PM) View Post

OK, I have emailed a few hundred of my 360 customers and from a brief sample of responses this is what seems most likely:

1. Microsoft definitely detected back-up disc usage long before the Spring updates and compiled a list of console IDs.
2. Microsoft is now selectively banning from this list in waves (possibly as a ruse to disperse suspicion about what exactly it is they are detecting).

Here is an example of one customer's scenario:

1. Played back-ups until about two (2) months ago and then the Xbox died (3RoD).
2. Flashed console back to original firmware.
3. Replaced warranty sticker with new undamaged one (this is my specialty!)
4. Sent the console in under warranty and had it serviced (last month).
5. Console came back, still remaining unmodded.
6. Went on Live yesterday - immediately banned!

There you go - if you played back-ups two months ago you are !@#$ed!
It has NOTHING to do with what firmware you had during the recent updates!

Possibly what they detect is unstealthed back-ups - as a high percentage out there are still unstealthed! (amongst other things they could check for).

Or the 360 could store it's error codes and report being booted w/o DVD SATA hooked up on several occasions.  If this is what they were checking perhaps they forgot to delist the repaired consoles from the ban list.

Or they just detected the firmware before and logged that.

Or there was one game with a scene release that was a plant and his console was logged because he palyed it.

Or he had a savegame for a game that was leaked early or PAL game that was not region locked and clearly unobtainable in the US so quickly.

Or M$ just doesn't like the guy.

Or a tons of other possible reasons.  1 case does not prove anything, nor does your logic necessarily follow from the facts of that case.  Nobody knows what happened and that is why this is an interesting little puzzle to solve.

bourke

• Archived User
« Reply #677 on: May 19, 2007, 06:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(dinzy @ May 19 2007, 10:53 PM) View Post

Or the 360 could store it's error codes and report being booted w/o DVD SATA hooked up on several occasions.  If this is what they were checking perhaps they forgot to delist the repaired consoles from the ban list.

Impossible - all of my customers have the drives flashed using the Xecuter power adaptor - no console is ever turned on without the DVD drive attached!  Sorry you're wrong there.

Or they just detected the firmware before and logged that.
Isn't that what I just wrote, idiot?!

Or there was one game with a scene release that was a plant and his console was logged because he palyed it.
No, we back-up all games ourselves.

Or a tons of other possible reasons.  1 case does not prove anything, nor does your logic necessarily follow from the facts of that case.  Nobody knows what happened and that is why this is an interesting little puzzle to solve.
Did you actually read what I wrote?!  Obviously not - I have emailed hundreds of my customers... all of that information points to detection of back-ups long long before May.

MourningWood

• Archived User
« Reply #678 on: May 19, 2007, 07:08:00 AM »

I'm going to play off the idea that they can detect if you've booted with no DVD Drive attached though I do not think that is the case, but kinda adds up for me with some situations.

I've been getting a hold of customers and not one of them has told me they are banned yet.  When ever I flash I used the Xecuter kit just to power the drive hence the 360 is never turned on without the drive connected.  One of them I even modded a couple days prior to the update and again with 5.3A a day before the update.

On another note, my had been done the same way and BAN.  The only difference is that mine has been done since last October.

Phat Phreddy

• Archived User
« Reply #679 on: May 19, 2007, 06:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(bourke @ May 19 2007, 08:06 PM) View Post

No, we back-up all games ourselves.

WOW so you can know with absolute certainty EVERY game that has ever been put into a console for the entire life of that console !! Impressed..

BTW name calling when people are just brainstorming impresses no one..

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #680 on: May 19, 2007, 07:19:00 AM »

Replaced warranty sticker with new undamaged one (this is my specialty!)
 Sent the console in under warranty and had it serviced (last month)

Proud of committing Fraud are you bourke.
Spouting crap like that one here and despite warnings no 2 pages ago. Not very clever.

modbox_

• Archived User
« Reply #681 on: May 19, 2007, 06:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(modbox_ @ May 19 2007, 11:23 AM) View Post

I couldnt' flash my sammy drive cos i have no sata, so i chipped the dvd drive. since the update i only played originals and i was fine, no bans. Yesterday i removed the modchip to be safe then played some gears of war. This morning i try playing, and im banned.

Just an update: After this i disconnected the dvd drive from the mobo, put the xbox back together then took it back to Currys where i bought it. I told them the drive stopped working so they replaced the console under its warranty. Im now back on live smile.gif they didnt even check if it had been opened. Guess i was lucky.

m3kal

• Archived User
« Reply #682 on: May 19, 2007, 07:20:00 AM »

Ive done the easy the thing, sold mine to my bro who aint botherd about live, im getting a nice new one next week. wont be touching this one.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #683 on: May 19, 2007, 06:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(modbox_ @ May 19 2007, 02:19 PM) View Post

Just an update: After this i disconnected the dvd drive from the mobo, put the xbox back together then took it back to Currys where i bought it. I told them the drive stopped working so they replaced the console under its warranty. Im now back on live smile.gif they didnt even check if it had been opened. Guess i was lucky.

Thread closed what is wrong with you .
Edit
Sorry to those of you who were genuinely trying to use this thread as a useful discussion thread. I realise I will take the PM stick but the real culprits are the 10s of members posting illegal or against rules stuff in here. To those members I hope you are happy now.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46]