xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Twitter your Xbox 360 Gamertag  (Read 411 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Twitter your Xbox 360 Gamertag
« on: May 15, 2007, 09:41:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | May 15 23:05 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From joystiq.com:

Are you caught up in the Twitter craze? It's a program akin to an away message or status update, telling people what you are doing. Self-proclaimed code / tea / etc. man Duncan Mackenzie has found a way to tie in his love of Twitter with his Xbox 360 gamertag.

With just a few quick installs and a computer left on, the Xbox Twitter will check your gamertag status every few minutes and update your Twitter account to reflect any updates.

Full Story: joystiq.com
Official Site/Download: duncanmackenzie.net

DrPepperFan15

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 09:20:00 PM »

So why is this program any better than live messanger and Xbox Live itself? I dont think I understand it

edit: I assume twitter is similar to myspace or something. Interesting since I have the program running and all is good but just a bit odd. Good app though

This post has been edited by DrPepperFan15: May 16 2007, 04:22 AM

Tiuk

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 10:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(DrPepperFan15 @ May 15 2007, 11:20 PM) *

So why is this program any better than live messanger and Xbox Live itself? I dont think I understand it

edit: I assume twitter is similar to myspace or something. Interesting since I have the program running and all is good but just a bit odd. Good app though

Honestly, I appreciate the "heh, neat" factor of Twitter, but I don't really see the point. It's basically a personal blog of away messages. The only thing it has over, say, the status feature of Facebook is the fact that it can be updated via SMS. It's a cool novelty, but on it's own it doesn't seem like much.

If they sell the tech to Facebook or MySpace, though, they're golden.

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 05:10:00 AM »

Nice, except I don't have Xbox Live Gold yet, though I do use twitter a lot for my myspace page.

1nsan3

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 06:24:00 AM »

so, people have to now go to the website to actually check your status?

Most of my friends know,
Online, means im, around, it very rarley says away, If im not around my system is off. Not like some of those out there that leave it on all day.

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 03:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(1nsan3 @ May 16 2007, 02:00 PM) View Post
so, people have to now go to the website to actually check your status?

Most of my friends know,
Online, means im, around, it very rarley says away, If im not around my system is off. Not like some of those out there that leave it on all day.

No you can use it's like place holder code so you can have like an applet on your blog or what ever you want. I have it on my myspace page (but my profile is private), even Major Nelson uses it on his blog. It's quite cool I prefer it to blogging since I don't have a lot of time to blog. Think of it, TxT Blogging. This tweak is essentially updating it to like what games you play and stuff like on your gamertag, that is what I understand anyway. Click on my twitter link in my sig to see what it's like.