xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 360 Connections Issues  (Read 101 times)

mantis167

• Archived User
360 Connections Issues
« on: April 24, 2007, 08:23:00 AM »

Ok so here is the problem. I bought an Airlink ar430w Router. I set up the pc with a wireless pci card and its connects just fine I have my Nintendo Wii hooked up via wireless and no problems. However I have the 360 hardwired to the router. Now for some reason I cna login to live, but after about say 5 minutes or less it disconnects me. I searched the forums and saw all different types of ways to fix the issue. But I still don't know which one to use I upnp,which I don't know how to enable in the router myself, also how to port forward. I also saw a few things on the DMZ. I am not as network savvy. But I assure you with some help from you guys I can fix this. Again any help is appreciated so much.

Thanks guys

mantis167

• Archived User
360 Connections Issues
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 08:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(mantis167 @ Apr 24 2007, 06:54 AM) View Post

Ok so here is the problem. I bought an Airlink ar430w Router. I set up the pc with a wireless pci card and its connects just fine I have my Nintendo Wii hooked up via wireless and no problems. However I have the 360 hardwired to the router. Now for some reason I cna login to live, but after about say 5 minutes or less it disconnects me. I searched the forums and saw all different types of ways to fix the issue. But I still don't know which one to use I upnp,which I don't know how to enable in the router myself, also how to port forward. I also saw a few things on the DMZ. I am not as network savvy. But I assure you with some help from you guys I can fix this. Again any help is appreciated so much.

Thanks guys

Also I have DSL dhcp

[H8]Wal-Mart

• Archived User
360 Connections Issues
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 09:55:00 AM »

I think the FIRST thing to do, is to isolate the trouble. Right now it is only a hypothesis that the router has anything to do with the problem. turn off your dsl gateway (what some refer to as a "modem" even though it's not.) So, circumvent your router. Plug your cable from your 360 into your gateway, turn it back on. Turn your 360 on. See if you can play. If you can play fine, then your router is the problem. If you can't, you're SOL and you're gonna have to upgrade service, or switch.

mantis167

• Archived User
360 Connections Issues
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 10:05:00 AM »

Yeah I had live working fine when it was connected directly to the modem but when its connected tot he router is when all the issues begin

[H8]Wal-Mart

• Archived User
360 Connections Issues
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 10:16:00 AM »

ok good. Well then log into the router. Go to where it talks about DMZ. Now stop for a second and go to your 360. Write down the information it obtained from dhcp. Then enter it statically so the ip will never change. (You may want to go ahead and change the last octet of your ip to 254 or just way higher than the one you've been assigned so as to avoid a duplicate IP conflict.) Once you have entered all information exactly as it was before then go back to your router and enter the ip you've just assigned to your 360, into the DMZ box. Click apply or save or whatever. Now, see if you're ok.

I have experienced All 5 wireless routers I've owned overheating. I applied a heatsink and fan and my troubles were suppressed for several hours or days, but always eventually return.

mantis167

• Archived User
360 Connections Issues
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 01:55:00 PM »

it didnt work I made it 192.168.1.254 in the dmz and in the xbox 360 in the ip settings I set it to manual and changed the ip to 192.168.1.254. and the ip failed............damn

mantis167

• Archived User
360 Connections Issues
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 06:24:00 AM »

no worries I just went out and bought a new Linksys wrt54g router and everything is fine and dandy now. biggrin.gif