xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Keep Friends And Gamertag?  (Read 311 times)

SHADOWSTRIKE1

• Archived User
Keep Friends And Gamertag?
« on: July 02, 2005, 02:49:00 PM »

I was wondering, is there going to be a feature where you can just... how do i say this... upgrade your current xbox live account? So then you keep your friends list and gamertag for xbox live silver/gold? i have met some very great friends on live and we r having a horrible time gathering eachother's AOL names and such so that when xbox360 comes out we will know eachothers names and such. and upgrade would b great! cause i know that since you can play xbox titles on 360 through their live gold service that i will cancel my live subscription and go to gold!

Twasi

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2005, 05:38:00 PM »

smile.gif

SHADOWSTRIKE1

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2005, 07:16:00 PM »

beerchug.gif  hur-fricken-ray!!!! this is good!

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2005, 08:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(Twasi @ Jul 2 2005, 07:49 PM)
All current XBL accounts will be transfered to gold accounts and you will keep all your contacts and such. smile.gif

irishdrunk

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2005, 08:23:00 PM »

Contacts are definatly not stored locally, you can access them through .net and passport services, link your gamertag to your passport and such...not sure about settings, I have noticed if you change your chief colors or avatars, bungie.net still shows the old one you had until you log on again, so settings might be local.

Twasi

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2005, 09:05:00 PM »

I'm positive both are not stored localy because you can remove your account from your xbox and use the live recovery tool and DL another copy of your account from Live and all your settings will be there so all your live information has to be stored on live servers somewhere.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2005, 09:12:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

That definitely means that everything will be carried over... nice and tidy  wink.gif

SHADOWSTRIKE1

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2005, 02:35:00 PM »

So is there gonna b an update for xbox live when you sign in under 360 or somthing?

Andy51

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2005, 02:41:00 PM »

No I don't think so, since you will have a account but whatever you had, you know friends list and that shit will be the same with tons more features, won't be a update, just need you just to put in some information about your account so it can somewhat "recover" it for you and you use it normally, I suppose so.

Twasi

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2005, 08:20:00 PM »

Won't be an unpgrade, most likely just flip a switch type thing where they give pay accounts a value of 1 and non-pay a 0. Making 1 gold and have access to so and so area and 0 silver with restricted access, there shouldn't be any need to patch your accounts.

SHADOWSTRIKE1

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2005, 10:21:00 AM »

This sounds so cool i cant wait for 360 to come out!!!

anybody else already pre-ordered it? or waiting at a store to 12? im still deciding what to do!

CattyKid

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2005, 01:47:00 PM »

There may be an update to fine tune XBoxes to be compatable with 360's for current gen games, and updating your profile to your 360 should be similar to the account recovery option in the XBL section of the M$ Dash.

Infamous_One

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2005, 04:12:00 PM »

No , they will delete them just for fun , cause youre stupid , of course it will have your Friend list man!! , whats wrong with you!!!

Replex

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2005, 05:01:00 PM »

tongue.gif Xbox 360 is going to be able to play BC games against Xbox 1 on live, so it only makes sense for them to keep the accounts/friends list ;p