xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: XLink Kai Engine v7.4.23  (Read 940 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
XLink Kai Engine v7.4.23
« on: January 02, 2012, 08:23:00 PM »

XLink Kai Engine v7.4.23
Posted by XanTium | January 2 22:23 EST | News Category: Xbox360

Team XLink released a new version of the XLink Kai Engine, their global gaming network (that allows you to play system-link enabled games (incl. Xbox and Xbox360) online for free):

What's new/fixed:
* Added support for new Xbox 360 System Link game protocols. Static IP Tutorial: here

Official Site: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk
Download: here

klbarnes1

• Archived User
XLink Kai Engine v7.4.23
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 09:53:00 PM »

Hey guys, whats up with Xlink Kai engine?  Is it worth me putting on my jtag and dealing with setting it up.  What game can we play.  Is their enough people to play a full game.  Can we play call of duty together just like we can on xbox live?  Or is it not even worth the time.  I do have a regular xbox that I play online so would this benefit me at all.  I would like to check it out but if its going to be to much hassle for what its worth then I'd rather not wast my time.  Thanks!

Aldanga

• Archived User
XLink Kai Engine v7.4.23
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 10:18:00 PM »

CrunchBite

• Global Moderator
XLink Kai Engine v7.4.23
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 11:52:00 PM »

The Kai Engine is run on a PC, and your Jtagged console can connect to it to join games. Freestyle dash allows you to join games on the console itself, or you can join using the UI on your PC (You still need a PC to run the engine)

Supported games are listed here: http://www.teamxlink...portedGames.php

For help you can look at out forum: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/

Enjoy!

-CrunchBite, TeamXLink Administrator

kingdt

• Archived User
XLink Kai Engine v7.4.23
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 03:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(klbarnes1 @ Jan 3 2012, 05:53 AM) *

Hey guys, whats up with Xlink Kai engine?  Is it worth me putting on my jtag and dealing with setting it up.  What game can we play.  Is their enough people to play a full game.  Can we play call of duty together just like we can on xbox live?  Or is it not even worth the time.  I do have a regular xbox that I play online so would this benefit me at all.  I would like to check it out but if its going to be to much hassle for what its worth then I'd rather not wast my time.  Thanks!

If you have an xbox on live already, this is no alternative. I find it hard to find a game, when its working properly, and find only at weekends there are lots of people on. It's good if you have lots of friends with it and you can pre-plan a game.
Others may have different opinions/experiences, but that is mine.

And only system-link games work on it.

helgebelt

• Archived User
XLink Kai Engine v7.4.23
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 03:25:00 AM »

This is really a good alternative if you still uses the old xbox. That one dosen't have live anymore. I was using this long back ago and was really fun for the first halo game that didn't have any live support.
Think this would be great for jtagged aswell if your into playing against others.

themashedavenger

• Archived User
XLink Kai Engine v7.4.23
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 04:57:00 AM »

yer if u like cod u can get a game most of the time, unfortunatley i dont like cod, but the more ppl who get on this the more chance of finding ppl who wanna play ur game....  the more the merrier!

DiamondKing1976

• Archived User
XLink Kai Engine v7.4.23
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 11:16:00 AM »

Anyone know how to get this version running on Wine in Ubuntu 11.10? Keep getting PSSDK error.

sonic2120

• Archived User
XLink Kai Engine v7.4.23
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 11:34:00 AM »

My friends and I would sometimes use Xlink Kai to access my jtag so we could get infected in MW2. Thats really the only use I got out of it.

joe90

• Archived User
XLink Kai Engine v7.4.23
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 03:38:00 AM »

Its there not going to be a huge problem of cheaters on this?

danthaman673

• Archived User
XLink Kai Engine v7.4.23
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 11:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(joe90 @ Jan 4 2012, 08:08 PM) View Post

Its there not going to be a huge problem of cheaters on this?

Not if everyone has the same cheats  rolleyes.gif

Gentleman agreements often apply.... Hard to put it past ppl who know what to look for, last time I was on there , we had modded and non-modded lobbies ppl tended to stick to the rules AFAIK, It doesn't hurt to have everything unlocked for sys link that would take ages to rank up near XBL standards otherwise...

Pity they have DELIBERATELY removed System Link from all the new games!!! Forza 4 would have been a good one