xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: System Link 30ms Check Patch  (Read 2690 times)

llnk

• Recovered User
System Link 30ms Check Patch
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2010, 05:55:00 PM »

Congratulations guys. I was wondering if this was ever going to happen. Keep up the good work!

llnk
Team XLink Administrator

EKrboi

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2010, 05:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mr.RedRing @ Jun 29 2010, 12:33 AM) View Post

Updated my box finally to Freeboot 0.032, but not quite sure how to install Dashlaunch and the Sys Link Ping patch :/  I have a basic understanding, but not entirely...

should have done it before upgrading to freeboot because it has to be dont before being flashed to the xbox.. but its quit easy.. ive never used one of the tools i just always use ibuild.. so if your using ibuild just do this..

1. replace the patches_******.bin (ie patches_falcon.bin) files in the bin directory of freeboot with the ones from the dashlaunch archive..

2. then rebuild and flash freeboot to nand..

3. then modify the launch.ini to you liking.. (you dont have to put anything in it about the patch)

4. i use FSD so i just FTP'd in and put the launch.xex and launch.ini into flash that way.. but you can use the flash_installer supplied with dashlaunch (never tried it).. i think you just need to copy your launch.ini into that folder.. that folder on your xbox then run the default.xex

5. place the kxam.patch file in the root of HDD1

6. Reboot! ALL DONE!

7. Enjoy online gaming on your 360 without xbox live!

NLA

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2010, 06:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(llnk @ Jun 28 2010, 07:55 PM) View Post

Congratulations guys. I was wondering if this was ever going to happen. Keep up the good work!

llnk
Team XLink Administrator

So does this mean we can now have a real dedicated XBOX 360 section with XLink and get things up and going like with multiplayer from the XBOX1 days?

I'm so excited to play with all of you fellow JTAG'ers! We're an elite bunch of people, you know. And now we can game together.

Mr.RedRing

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2010, 06:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(EKrboi @ Jun 28 2010, 07:58 PM) View Post

should have done it before upgrading to freeboot because it has to be dont before being flashed to the xbox.. but its quit easy.. ive never used one of the tools i just always use ibuild.. so if your using ibuild just do this..

1. replace the patches_******.bin (ie patches_falcon.bin) files in the bin directory of freeboot with the ones from the dashlaunch archive..

2. then rebuild and flash freeboot to nand..

3. then modify the launch.ini to you liking.. (you dont have to put anything in it about the patch)

4. i use FSD so i just FTP'd in and put the launch.xex and launch.ini into flash that way.. but you can use the flash_installer supplied with dashlaunch (never tried it).. i think you just need to copy your launch.ini into that folder.. that folder on your xbox then run the default.xex

5. place the kxam.patch file in the root of HDD1

6. Reboot! ALL DONE!

7. Enjoy online gaming on your 360 without xbox live!

Well, im building my Freeboot image, but im a little stuck.  I need the patched smc file.  Can I just obtain this from previous builds or my current nand I just dumped?

NLA

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2010, 06:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(szlifier @ Jun 28 2010, 08:51 PM) View Post

This section has been there for years. Now it will not be empty. biggrin.gif

Yeah yeah I know! I'd just like it to stop being empty like immediately.. maybe have some sort of news announcement from XLink show up on the X-S main page that really pushes people to start playing with their JTAG and non-JTAG 360s through XLink, maybe a short guide posted to get the ball rolling and really get everyone on board.

So excited. <3

nafeasonto

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2010, 07:23:00 PM »

I am not understanding what this does exactly????

majik655

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2010, 07:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(nafeasonto @ Jun 28 2010, 06:23 PM) View Post

I am not understanding what this does exactly????

This removes a 30ms ping requirement,
on xbox kai your ping rates may vary, so you could not play anyone with a higher ping rate than 30ms.

So if you wanted to play with a bunch of people that ping at 31ms you can't.

This patch removes that requirement on jtag boxes (that can not play on xbox live without getting banned) so people can now go on xbox kai and play people and host games, even if the ping is higher than 30, and basically still enjoy network gaming with their jtagged boxes.

EKrboi

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2010, 07:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(nafeasonto @ Jun 29 2010, 02:32 AM) View Post

what is xbox KAI i never heard of this????

PLease link me something.

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

snart

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2010, 07:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(nafeasonto @ Jun 29 2010, 01:32 AM) View Post

what is xbox KAI i never heard of this????

PLease link me something.

Here: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

In short, Kai offers an alternative to Xbox Live. It does this by using the system link feature in Xbox and Xbox 360 games. Microsoft intended system link games to allow people to bring together their xbox systems (and televisions) into a single room and play against each other...without the need for Xbox Live.

Kai tricks these systems into thinking they are all in the same room...even if they are physically very far away. You do this by installing a small server software package on your pc, and connecting your xbox system to this server.

For the original Xbox, this offered an excellent alternative to Xbox Live. Microsoft realized this when making the Xbox 360 and put in a ping time check to see if the systems were indeed in the same room.

This effectively killed Kai for Xbox 360 users. This patch removes the ping check....hello, Kai!

red_ring_of_box

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2010, 08:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(flagelo @ Jun 28 2010, 06:48 PM) View Post

Is there anyone who had sucess patching the console? Please share this good news here!

I have been playing on Xlink for a few hours and have experience very little lag while playing with people who have 180ms and up pings. Its pretty much likes XBL except free and a lot easier to manage.

QUOTE(NLA @ Jun 28 2010, 08:43 PM) View Post

I'm so excited to play with all of you fellow JTAG'ers! We're an elite bunch of people, you know. And now we can game together.

We are nothing compared to the people who gave use the JTAG hack, as well as this patch, though. wink.gif

danked

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2010, 09:13:00 PM »

sweet been waiting for this, I;m guessing even non jtag xbox can utilize this, as long as the host has the ping limit removed anyone can join ?

Woozle

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2010, 10:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(jeffrey92 @ Jun 28 2010, 08:36 PM) View Post

I havent had any success with this on xlink yet...

I know my xbox is set up right, cause I got freedash to go straight to FSD. Then I load up MW2 and try to find some hosted games but none show up. the patch file is on the root of the hdd

Any ideas?

Do have have the latest title update for MW2?

jeffrey1790

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2010, 10:11:00 PM »

Someone should make an xboxlive emulator... When you select Connect to Live, it emulates XBL without connecting to microsofts servers.

jeffrey92

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2010, 10:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(Woozle @ Jun 28 2010, 09:09 PM) View Post

Do have have the latest title update for MW2?

well that just occurred to me and i downloaded TU5 and put it on. The version updated but still no games. I dont think the version matters but I could be wrong

edit: nvm it was the title update that was preventing it. latest is TU6

danthaman673

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2010, 10:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(jeffrey92 @ Jun 29 2010, 01:06 PM) View Post

I havent had any success with this on xlink yet...

I know my xbox is set up right, cause I got freedash to go straight to FSD. Then I load up MW2 and try to find some hosted games but none show up. the patch file is on the root of the hdd

My connection is pretty simple, I dont have any firewalls on. I have 1 cable running from my router to my computer, and then from my computer to my xbox since my computer has 2 ethernets. I use this set up for xbox live and streaming so i know it works..

Any ideas?

I'm pretty sure you will need an I.P of a host to connect to... You won't be able to pick others -up randomly ... (At least I don't think so - I haven't installed it yet myself)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12