xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To Get Online With Connections That Require A Password  (Read 145 times)

jjm257

• Archived User
How To Get Online With Connections That Require A Password
« on: February 25, 2009, 09:30:00 AM »

I didn't know where to put this.  My internet connection requires a user/password.  Obviously easy to do with a laptop because it brings up a webpage automatically when open IE.

Since I'm not going to internet explorer, I'm going to xbox live.  Is there anyway I could imput the user name and password from the xbox?  I'd like to download some content.

GlitchZero

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 09:59:00 PM »

Depending on if you have NxE (I assume you do) Press up until you hit My Xbox, then go all the way to the right, it should say User Settings, then go to Network Settings, Just press A, it should Open a bunch of I.P. information and DNS info, press A right off the bat, and it shoud say Scan for Networks or Scan Now (I think, this is all from memory) Scan for your network, it'll pop up, then put in the WEP or WPA password if you have one. Pretty easy. If you don't know it, ask your parents. If you live on your own, you should know your password, lol.

JasonOne

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 12:03:00 AM »

Password is made actually for unauthorized used of pc's.  And see to it you remember it. wink.gif

40_ounce

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 05:28:00 AM »

Do you have your 360 hooked up to a wireless or wired connection?