xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Leaf Software  (Read 215 times)

newfie4ever

• Archived User
Leaf Software
« on: October 03, 2007, 06:20:00 PM »

Just got an email from Leaf Software. They have a new version out and they say they will be releasing some new options soon, like removal of the ping limit. Not sure if they can do this but I bet there are a lot of people out there with banned xboxs that would be real interested in it.
Hope they can cause I got a banned system also.

matallica28

• Archived User
Leaf Software
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 08:31:00 AM »

so far theres Leaf and XLan for a 360 Live alternative right? (Checking incase i do get banned anytime)

Magnaflow

• Archived User
Leaf Software
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 06:07:00 PM »

I tried this and I dont like the setup you have to "kow the people" to make a game as when you play n kai there just there

newfie4ever

• Archived User
Leaf Software
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 07:48:00 PM »

Beggars can't be choosy. ( no offense) If you are banned then these are the only way to play online pretty well. If leaf comes up with a way to fix the ping limit on the games it will be an option for those who are banned, thats all I was saying.

t0m

• Archived User
Leaf Software
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 03:42:00 AM »

wow it would be super cool if they could bypass the ping limit...i dont mind using live but it still hurts me somewhere deep inside to have to pay to play online, coming from my pc gaming background (i remember trying to figure out how to set up network games of doom when i was in school, curse you x-modem).

Daggerx

• Archived User
Leaf Software
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 07:19:00 AM »

I felt the same way too about paying for live but for everything you get...you should consider bitting the bullet and pay. From game demos like the new fear that I just download 2 days ago to the roms (retro stuff) and vids that you can download. Im beginning to reconcile with it  - within myself that it is a no brainer

warlordship

• Archived User
Leaf Software
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 12:01:00 PM »

Assuming you're not banned from Live, it has great services for free members.  

Whether you pay for Live or not, you can still get, for free: game demos, game updates, XBLA demos, game trailers, game content, etc.  

Whether you pay for Live or not, you still have to pay for: XBLA titles, content packs (like map packs), themes or gamer pics, etc

As far as I know, the ONLY benefits to gold Live account, is playing online, which is hosted by the players themselves.  And possibly temporary exclusive demos or videos.

Using something like Leaf or Kai, assuming it's not buggy or limited (ping restrictions?), is 90% of what a gold Live account is.

This post has been edited by warlordship: Oct 12 2007, 07:03 PM