xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Live Ban Possible With Original Disc?  (Read 210 times)

hoezy

• Archived User
Live Ban Possible With Original Disc?
« on: September 25, 2007, 09:06:00 PM »

is a live ban possible with an original disc? and hacked firmware?
i was never on live before with hacked firmware..

commandersafi

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 09:27:00 PM »

Yes, it is possible, but so far the latest iXtreme firmware has been doing a good job in keeping the firmware flashed 360's online (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

The best thing to do is to use the latest iXtreme firmware and play online....If you dont get banned then thats good, if you do get banned it was a risk you had to take from the time you flashed your 360

This post has been edited by commandersafi: Sep 26 2007, 04:28 AM

munkey_boy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 01:37:00 AM »

Heh, whats the chances of getting banned with a back-up copy? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

t00ny45

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 01:00:00 PM »

M$ read your firmware (the thing you flashed), not the games you play, so you have equal chance of getting banned by playing back-up or original games.

BurnDown

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 12:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(t00ny45 @ Jan 12 2008, 08:00 PM) View Post

M$ read your firmware (the thing you flashed), not the games you play, so you have equal chance of getting banned by playing back-up or original games.

If that was true, everyone who has flashed their firmware would have been banned. The current theory is that as long as you use 1:1 backups (created with a samsung 360 drive) then you will be ok on live. Therefore, using originals in a flashed drive should be fine, for the time being at least.

I flashed my 360 with iXtreme 1.4 5x, just to make the drive quieter. I don't care about backing up my games, I just use the originals. I play on LIVE all the time and havn't been banned. Watch out though, if M$ do start detecting the firmware, you will be banned whether its an original you are playing, or not.

t00ny45

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 02:08:00 PM »

Well if they don't detect firmware, why does the firmware have stealth patch?

WTFudge

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2008, 02:33:00 PM »

It reports back to MS that it is the original if it ever was read . They haven't started doing that or can yet...

stoopkid2

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 01:01:00 AM »

so they can't detect the drive speed? you can flash it with any speed and still play on live?

Sn0rKy

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 02:32:00 AM »

i was banned today after updating to 1.4 ixtreme..
i used to frequent live before i modded my xbox, but after that i havent even plugged a ethernet cable in. now ever since my brother started playing COD4 on live i decided to try it with 1.4 ixtreme and a original disc, of course, and was soon banned

AdamWest

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 05:43:00 AM »

The Live Ban / Firmware battle is like the Virus / Anti-Virus Battle. It has no end.

Every time MS finds a way to detect modified firmwire they will ban conversely the people who create the firmware will find a way to thwart their detection. This goes back and fourth.

The only way to stay safe is not to use modified firmware otherwise proceed at your own risk.