xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: My Banning Theory (how It Was Done)  (Read 140 times)

mor911

• Archived User
My Banning Theory (how It Was Done)
« on: May 19, 2007, 05:30:00 PM »

I have some evidence to support my theory, but obviously i don't know everyone's story. In my home we have 3 Xbox 360s.

1 Regular 360
2 modded 360s

of the two modded boxes, one was a regular box in the past and one was modded out of the box.

I don't think the firmware version you have matters. I also have a friend who performs all of the modding for my group of idiots. My friend and his 3 roommates all have modded 360s. 1 of which were a regular box, then modded afterwards.

What I've noticed is that if the box was modded PRIOR to connecting Xbox Live at all, it hasn't been banned. Those of us (in my small group of moronic friends) who used our 360s regularly (online and whatnot) then got the system modded are now banned.

My theory?

They can somehow check of your firmware has been altered, not necessarily if it's hacked.  

I might be WAAAAY off base with this, it's just my observation. The versions might come into play also. thoughts?

EDIT -- I'm a moron mods... please move to XBL forum  blink.gif

EDIT -- Someone already has my theory smile.gif http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=603956

xnoelahg

• Archived User
My Banning Theory (how It Was Done)
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 02:31:00 AM »

I modded my NTSC/U console months before I ever considered LIVE, let alone joined. I didn't join LIVE until I bought a hdd that gave me the free trial; after that I was hooked (until I got banned; now I'm going through withdrawl tongue.gif)