xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Leaf for Windows and Xbox  (Read 1504 times)

pramod

• Archived User
Leaf for Windows and Xbox
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2006, 09:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(dxj1973 @ Dec 27 2006, 07:21 PM) *

i got the same warning. what is that all about? is this a false warning from norton?

if it is false, there must be a way around the block without removing norton.

i wrote leaf an email with no response yet.

anyone else have the same problem? any fixes out there people?

help us out

Hi,

I am pramod from leafnetworks. One of the ports we are using, 54321, happened to coincide with a Trojan, hence the error. It is a false positive. We are working to correct this situation and will have a release soon, within a week or so.

Thanks.

BongoBob

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2006, 09:40:00 PM »

Now that's dedicated help right there smile.gif

Now if only I could get PC games to work over it without lag.

Minotaur

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2006, 12:17:00 AM »

Program kept losing connection to its master server - nd when it did it would steal focus from whatever else I was doing - and when that was a game, it would make the game crash.
Uninstalled.

Dracc

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2006, 01:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(pramod @ Dec 27 2006, 08:30 PM) View Post

Hi,

I am pramod from leafnetworks. One of the ports we are using, 54321, happened to coincide with a Trojan, hence the error. It is a false positive. We are working to correct this situation and will have a release soon, within a week or so.

Thanks.

Umm, then why does the application take up 95% of my processor usage and halt incoming net traffic? It is a virus, plain and simple... so when your antivirus program flags it, its telling the truth. I think we need a news update on the front page warning users to stay away from this program. Its trash! Junk it now before something bad happens!

BongoBob

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2006, 12:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(Dracc @ Dec 28 2006, 02:13 AM) View Post

Umm, then why does the application take up 95% of my processor usage and halt incoming net traffic? It is a virus, plain and simple... so when your antivirus program flags it, its telling the truth. I think we need a news update on the front page warning users to stay away from this program. Its trash! Junk it now before something bad happens!

It takes up barely any memory and cpu usage on my computer, and it doesn't halt incoming net traffic on any of the three boxes I'm using it on. Maybe it just has a glitch with your set up? Maybe your AV is screwing it up?

AVG hasn't found anything on mine, and I trust it more than Norton smile.gif

poopiemagee

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2006, 06:05:00 PM »

Yo BongoBob you actually used it on an xbox?  What games did you test it with?  Anything I should watch out for?

SenTinaL Oz

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2006, 07:23:00 PM »

I have been in pretty regular contact with the Leaf guys over the last few days and they have confirmed (by recreating the issue themselves) that Norton's does in fact detect that Leaf is opening up a port known to be used by a certain Trojan.

Leaf have said that they will be fixing this by changing the port that the program asks your system to open.

So for all you peeps that have been bagging Nortons and saying "my av is better and did not have any problems with Leaf", well then I wonder how many other progs you have installed that opened ports to known hacking threats and your av simply allowed it ....

In my experience it is better to be cautious and say no as soon as 1 person says they have had a warning and then do some investigating.  

In this case Leaf admit that they have opened users of their program to potential hacking by asking users to open this port.  I would have thought that the developers could have done a basic google search on the port they chose for their new program and this would pretty quickly tell them which ones should be avoided .... not the best research by the devs.

This post has been edited by SenTinaL Oz: Dec 29 2006, 03:25 AM

Huntta

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2006, 10:20:00 AM »

Guys we're living 2006 here (well almost 2007), so why doesen't anyone say that does it only work with Xbox 1 or with Xbox 360 also? And if so, does it work well too?

cap1

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2006, 04:07:00 PM »

Gmod and other pC games are very greedy and use 100% of the CPU. Leaf 2006 is just another application that lives in User Space not in Kernal space like other network drivers. If you are on a LAN, the ethernet driver lives in kernal space and gets realtime priority from the OS. Leaf on the other hand has to share processing with other application in user space. If these other applications are greedy, they will not give any cycles to the leaf process. In the furture, we will make this a setting in the application. Thanks! Jeff

If you want use Leaf for LAN gaming you must set the Leaf 2006.exe process priority to "realtime."

To do so:

1. Press CNTRL-ATL-DEL and select the Task Manager button.
2. Select the Processes tab from the Task Manager.
3. Right mouse click on the Leaf 2006.exe process and the choose Set Priority from the menu.
4. Choose RealTime from the list.

QUOTE(BongoBob @ Dec 28 2006, 05:47 AM) View Post

Now that's dedicated help right there smile.gif

Now if only I could get PC games to work over it without lag.

angrykid

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2007, 07:22:00 AM »

has anyone successfully played an xbox 360 link game with this software?

ex0dus

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2007, 10:51:00 AM »

I've played Gear of War and RS: Vegas with this over system link and it worked better for us than when we played over XBL.

Now I would like to reply to the posts about the AV issues even though they are a bit old.

Just because the program is opening the port of a known Trojan does NOT necessarily mean that you are being infected with the virii or trojan, as far as saying your are surprised to see the other AV clients not flagging these issues most of the other (GOOD)AV programs look at the actual program to see if it is indeed infected before flagging.

Operating this way causes way less user frustration and I personally think it's better to be flagged for actual things.

Barn35

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2007, 04:27:00 AM »

Whats your tag on leaf? Wanting to test Gears,since cant find decent pings on xlink.

Barn35

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2007, 04:34:00 AM »

Bump!

newfie4ever

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2007, 03:29:00 PM »

my leaf tag is Newf 007. I would like to try this out if someone else wants to. I usually play Rainbow Six Vegas.

Let me know.

This post has been edited by newfie4ever: Jun 3 2007, 10:30 PM

xnoelahg

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2007, 06:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(newfie4ever @ Jun 3 2007, 10:29 PM) View Post

my leaf tag is Newf 007. I would like to try this out if someone else wants to. I usually play Rainbow Six Vegas.

Let me know.

Couldn't find ya, but I'm still unsure how to finish setting up Leaf. Are you able to browse people that are online playing?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7