xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Sharing Data from PC to Xbox 360  (Read 6849 times)

Infamous_One

• Archived User
Sharing Data from PC to Xbox 360
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2005, 11:03:00 PM »

biggrin.gif  I was right baby , woo!

http://www.tomshardw...816_174728.html

sswingle

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2005, 09:37:00 AM »

Anyone know what kind of file types we can use? I have a lot of video, but I have a lot of stuff thats Divx. I dont want to have to re-encode everything to get it to work..

S1ack

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2005, 02:27:00 PM »

Aren't you all going to enjoy transcoding ALL of your content to WMA & WMV. 'Cuz my money is on Bill making you do that so that the DRM hooks are inserted.

And none of what I've seen in this thread or linked to in this thread states otherwise.

The 'playsforsure' shit mentioned by Toms Hardware would point to some sort of transconding to get all thos Xvid-Divx-GordianKnot'd-TsnuamiFilterPack'd moovies to play for Joe Six Pack &  Granny Smith without calls to Redmond-on-the-Ganges offshore tech support line.

spider3m

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2005, 07:48:00 PM »

wow!
makes u think!

SatanX2112

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2005, 12:50:00 PM »

Gotta love MS, doesnt install on XP-64...

jacks

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2005, 01:44:00 PM »

Question is what formats will it allow ? Divx Xvid etc..

thanks

Jacks

Mid7night

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2005, 08:25:00 PM »

Ok, I've got a couple questions:

1. Do you think that since the original Xbox controllers were basically a USB format, (just with a different physical plug), would we be able to use an Xbox->USB converter cable and use them on the Xbox360? (since the wired 360 controllers are USB as well) ?

2. Does anybody know if they've announced if there's a way to transfer data from an original Xbox to an Xbox360? I was thinking that since they said you could use the USB ports to put files onto the 360, maybe you could copy your saved games and profiles onto a flash drive from an original Xbox and then put them on the 360. What do you think?

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2005, 08:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mid7night @ Oct 26 2005, 10:36 PM)
Ok, I've got a couple questions:

1. Do you think that since the original Xbox controllers were basically a USB format, (just with a different physical plug), would we be able to use an Xbox->USB converter cable and use them on the Xbox360? (since the wired 360 controllers are USB as well) ?

2. Does anybody know if they've announced if there's a way to transfer data from an original Xbox to an Xbox360? I was thinking that since they said you could use the USB ports to put files onto the 360, maybe you could copy your saved games and profiles onto a flash drive from an original Xbox and then put them on the 360. What do you think?

NO and NO

Both of those have been confirmed as definite NOs from MS

Meaning NO there wont be an officially supported way and NO they wont allow 3rd party products to do those things either (both legally and through hardware security).

Sorry to burst your bubble but it's true  :lol:

Mid7night

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2005, 08:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Oct 26 2005, 08:47 PM)
NO and NO

Both of those have been confirmed as definite NOs from MS

Meaning NO there wont be an officially supported way and NO they wont allow 3rd party products to do those things either (both legally and through hardware security).

Where has this been confirmed by M$?  I've seen a lot of speculation, but I haven't seen anything from M$ directly.  Where did you get this info?  I'm not questioning your correctness, I'm just wondering where you got your info.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2005, 07:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(Mid7night @ Oct 26 2005, 10:56 PM)
Where has this been confirmed by M$?  I've seen a lot of speculation, but I haven't seen anything from M$ directly.  Where did you get this info?  I'm not questioning your correctness, I'm just wondering where you got your info.

Various Interviews, the XS news page, Major Nelson's Blog... It's all old news and If I see something more than 5 or so places I stop keeping track of where it came from (should be considered common knowledge at that point).

I should also note that these are NEGATIVES against the console, meaning that MS doesn't just go around boasting about it like they do with some new XBL features.

In most cases they were asked outright in interviews and then 4 or 5 news sources would report on it.

This post has been edited by twistedsymphony: Oct 27 2005, 02:30 PM

Mid7night

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2005, 07:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Oct 27 2005, 07:39 AM)
Various Interviews, the XS news page, Major Nelson's Blog... It's all old news and If I see something more than 5 or so places I stop keeping track of where it came from (should be considered common knowledge at that point).

I should also note that these are NEGATIVES against the console, meaning that MS doesn't just go around boasting about it like they do with some new XBL features.

In most cases they were asked outright in interviews and then 4 or 5 news sources would report on it.

No kidding it's a negative!  That's lame.  They were so close to getting it right.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2005, 02:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mid7night @ Oct 27 2005, 10:04 AM)
No kidding it's a negative!  That's lame.  They were so close to getting it right.

I would imagine their methods are purely based on $$

No transfer of save games makes new 360 games more appealing than old Xbox games

No 3rd party controllers or Xbox controller adapters means you have to buy new controllers
more money for MS

phlashbios

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2005, 01:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(jacks @ Oct 8 2005, 07:51 PM)
Question is what formats will it allow ? Divx Xvid etc..

thanks

Jacks

There is bound to be someone here that already has a 360 that could answer that question. Speculatively, I would expect it to support playback of only the formats that Windows Media Player plays natively without any codec plug-ins. I am certainly expecting that the 360 will play not even a tenth of the range of formats that a chipped XBox running XBMC will play.

Anyone tell us what audio/video formats they've tried yet, and which ones have succeeded/failed ?

9nine9

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2005, 05:09:00 PM »

I uhh.gif s there any one out there that has an xbox 360 that can answer this now???????

colt45joe

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2005, 11:33:00 PM »

hey....ya know how xbmc can can play everything in 1080i... will Xbox 360 be able to do this also?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11