xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Zephyr Jtag, E71  (Read 180 times)

Aldanga

• Archived User
Zephyr Jtag, E71
« on: January 26, 2011, 10:02:00 AM »

Please don't cross post. If you think the question might be better served in a different forum just use the report button to let a staff member know and the topic will get moved if necessary.

I don't have time to help you right now, but I'll try to remember to take a look later in the day if no one has helped you by then.

Aldanga

• Archived User
Zephyr Jtag, E71
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 12:29:00 PM »

It'd be helpful if you detailed which blocks are giving you issues.

My guess is that files aren't getting extracted from your original correctly due to the bad blocks. Have you tried building an image with donor files (like EFB's option)? If you do that, then replace the keyvault with the box's original keyvault and restore the offsets using 360 Flash Dump Tool you should have an equivalent image. I've had issues with bad blocks before, and when they cause problems like what you're experiencing I just use a donor and then apply the modifications I suggested.

Try that and report back how it works.

Aldanga

• Archived User
Zephyr Jtag, E71
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 12:35:00 PM »

EFB has the option for using donor files.

Madhatta

• Archived User
Zephyr Jtag, E71
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 07:59:00 PM »

OK so when I use EFB to make a donor Zephyr nand with my key, the box boots with the fan speed at like 150% it seems like and then it goes to E72 with secondary of 0120.

One thing I noticed is that when I open the original dump in nandflasher it sees the CB version as 4540 which it says is unknown. Once I flash Xellous the image seen is shown as 4558. The donor image created by EFB is seen as 4558 as well. Does it matter that it's flashing an image for a CB 4558 to a cb of 4540? Probably not but I figured I would bring it up. Oh and should the CB change?

brandogg

• Archived User
Zephyr Jtag, E71
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 08:14:00 PM »

What are you flashing with? If you just create a Xell(ous) image for your system, you should be able to build your freeBOOT (or 12611) NAND image, and then use Xellous to flash, which will reallocate bad blocks for you.

socalbill

• Archived User
Zephyr Jtag, E71
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 04:29:00 AM »

I got this off a different site, this works everytime (for me) for bad blocks

BadBlockMover.exe will work for you if you use it along with an hex editor...

Here is what you need to do:

1-Read the current working image flashed on your XBOX360 console. (We will treat it as if it was a MS original image)
2-Create the fbbuild image as usual.

3-Open the fbbuild image on an hex editor of your liking. Now, this is only needed because the person who made bad block mover thought it was a great idea put a lock on it so it would only work with XBR images. Good job Tongue

4-Change the copyright string which for a JASPER that will be "© 2004-2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved." into "zeropair image, version=00, CB=6723" and save.

5-Load the image which currently work with freeboot.32 (9199) as an MS image and it will get the bad blocks map from it.

6-Load the fbbuild image. The bad blocks will be remapped properly.

7-Back to the hex editor put the "© 2004-2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved." string back on it's place and save.

8-Flash with XeLLous as you've been trying to.

Madhatta

• Archived User
Zephyr Jtag, E71
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 08:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(socalbill @ Jan 27 2011, 12:29 PM) View Post

I got this off a different site, this works everytime (for me) for bad blocks

BadBlockMover.exe will work for you if you use it along with an hex editor...

Here is what you need to do:

1-Read the current working image flashed on your XBOX360 console. (We will treat it as if it was a MS original image)
2-Create the fbbuild image as usual.

3-Open the fbbuild image on an hex editor of your liking. Now, this is only needed because the person who made bad block mover thought it was a great idea put a lock on it so it would only work with XBR images. Good job Tongue

4-Change the copyright string which for a JASPER that will be "© 2004-2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved." into "zeropair image, version=00, CB=6723" and save.

5-Load the image which currently work with freeboot.32 (9199) as an MS image and it will get the bad blocks map from it.

6-Load the fbbuild image. The bad blocks will be remapped properly.

7-Back to the hex editor put the "© 2004-2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved." string back on it's place and save.

8-Flash with XeLLous as you've been trying to.

Thanks for the suggestion socalbill. I guess I am a little unclear as to whether we are doing this with an original image or an fb image? I am pretty sure the bad blocks are being taken care of but it's worth a shot.

Also what would that string be for a Zephyr with CB 4540? I am assuming : "zeropair image, version=00, CB=4540"?

Madhatta

• Archived User
Zephyr Jtag, E71
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 11:29:00 AM »

So i think I figured it out! I still have no idea how to fix it but I may have found the problem. I was looking at this post which gives some information:

http://www.xboxhacke...15336#msg115336

My CB is 4540 and it seems that the 4558 image will make it error out? Can anyone confirm? It seems there is a way to make the images for this CB and I am going to go research some more now. I fanyone has any info on this please let me know.

Thanks!

socalbill

• Archived User
Zephyr Jtag, E71
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 11:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(Madhatta @ Jan 27 2011, 07:40 AM) View Post

Thanks for the suggestion socalbill. I guess I am a little unclear as to whether we are doing this with an original image or an fb image? I am pretty sure the bad blocks are being taken care of but it's worth a shot.

Also what would that string be for a Zephyr with CB 4540? I am assuming : "zeropair image, version=00, CB=4540"?

ok, this is what I do

dump 9199 nand image with flash360 (save as flashdump.bin) 360 Flash Dump Tool will show bad blocks

create 12611 nand image with fbbuild as usual (updflash.bin) (again 360 Flash Dump Tool will show bad blocks)

open updflash.bin in Winhex and change the MS copyright string into the zerorepair string with appropriate CB version for the console (the CB that 360 Flash Dump Tool reports for updflash.bin, not orig.bin)

load flashdump.bin (9199) into BadBlockMover, it will get the bad block map

rename updflash.bin (12611) to something else (whatever.bin) and load it into BadBlockMover

it will remap the bad blocks using the map from the 9199 image and prompt you to save new remapped image (new updflash.bin)

open new remapped updflash.bin in winhex and change zerorepair image string back to MS copyright string as it was

if you open the new updflash.bin in 360 Flash Dump Tool, you'll see that it's clean now, with no bad blocks

put updflash.bin on usb stick and flash it with Flash360 if you're still on 9199, or Xellous

it should boot up now to 12611 without hanging

it's kind of confusing at first, but has worked for me every time

Bill

Madhatta

• Archived User
Zephyr Jtag, E71
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 11:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(socalbill @ Jan 27 2011, 07:31 PM) View Post

dump 9199 nand image with flash360 (save as flashdump.bin) 360 Flash Dump Tool will show bad blocks

For this part. Do I need to upgrade to 9199 freeboot and make sure it boots then dump that?

Madhatta

• Archived User
Zephyr Jtag, E71
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 12:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(socalbill @ Jan 27 2011, 07:54 PM) View Post

that's what I do, Madhatta, 9199 boots with bad blocks no problems

here's the thread where I got the info from, you want to create updflash from your 9199 image, not orig.bin

http://www.xboxhacke...p?topic=16105.0

Thanks. I will try it out tonight.

Madhatta

• Archived User
Zephyr Jtag, E71
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 05:20:00 PM »

So I am not really sure where to get something that will create a 9199 freeboot image with the aud_clamp smc in place. Any guides or suggestions?

Well I went and got an old build of freeboot .32 and put in a patched smc that I got from looouky's guide and then made the 9199 dashboard. It does the same thing as 12611. It starts to boot with the beginning splash screen and then it goes to E71. I am assuming it would be pointless to try the rest of the step in your tut socalbill?

The only thing I am going to try is just flash 9199 with nandpro because Xellous remaps the bad blocks automatically.

relaxxx

• Archived User
Zephyr Jtag, E71
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 06:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(Madhatta @ Jan 27 2011, 02:29 PM) View Post

My CB is 4540 and it seems that the 4558 image will make it error out? Can anyone confirm? It seems there is a way to make the images for this CB and I am going to go research some more now. I fanyone has any info on this please let me know.

Thanks!

I can confirm that a Zephyr CB 4540 WILL boot an EFB 12611 image showing CB 4558 and with Aud clamp fix checked.

I had a Zephyr CB4540 that was an absolute nightmare to create a working image. EFB 12611 was the ONLY program that I've EVER been able to create an AUD clamp FB image for. Best Pig apps are absolute S**T if you need a custom file like AUD Clap SMC, I've NEVER gotten the custom option to work for ANYTHING!

Good luck, my zephyr never had bad blocks but xellous flash should fix.

relaxxx

• Archived User
Zephyr Jtag, E71
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 07:00:00 PM »

I sometimes have that problem with EFB, I can't remember exactly why right now. Seems to work better in windows 7.

I would try and rebuild the bad blocks on the image file in case EFB is not relocating properly. Like use nandpro to read block 3FF and copy that block back to 12A or wherever it was bad... just a thought.

relaxxx

• Archived User
Zephyr Jtag, E71
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 07:25:00 PM »

But did you relocate blocks in reverse and see if EFB accepts it as a good image instead of exiting?
EFB not loading your original dump may be an indication that your dump is bad even beyond your bad blocks.

Another thing I might try;

fbbuild with 12611 files only needs a Zephyr SMC (or your SMC if you can extract it) and ANY extracted KV, doesn't even have to be from your Zephyr but it does need to be type 2.

Then just enter your CPU key in the command line and it will create a working image

This image should be loadable in EFB as a test and if you still need to AUD clamp patch it.

So what I'm saying is that it's possible to create a FB image without ANY original NAND information whatsoever. This would help rule out if your all problems are a result of your original dump information being bad.
Pages: [1] 2