xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: A Good Idea... In My Opinion  (Read 67 times)

Simlhawk

• Archived User
A Good Idea... In My Opinion
« on: February 02, 2020, 06:23:00 PM »

I have been looking on youtube and found out about this app thingy you can install on homebrew 360s called NXE2GOD. This has interested me, cause I would like to not have to take my games out of case (yes I'm lazy but without lazyness we wouldnt have certain inventions). Problem is, is that I dont have an xbox that is Modded nor Flashed, and I plan to keep it that way.

My idea is, to get another 360, and flash it. use the NXE2GOD app for certain games on my hard drive, and then move the hard drive to the unmodified xbox.

Any chance this would work? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

parker955

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 07:31:00 PM »

The games would only work on jtagd xbox's and show up as corrupted on non jtaged xbox's.

It's because the files are edited but the signature is broken because of it. Since the signature is broken only jtags can boot it and non jtaged xboxs would look at it and see that the signature is corrupted and not use the file.

Simlhawk

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 07:34:00 PM »

ok... so what exactly is a Jtagged xbox?

Simlhawk

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 08:50:00 PM »

Nevermind, I've done my own research. If I read this right, it cant be done without doing some sort of modification to both 360s. And the reason why I refuse to do any mods, is cause inevitably mods= Live bans.

Simlhawk

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 08:14:00 PM »

A have a new idea, few have been claiming you don't need a jtag. Use XeXLoader and quickboot on a flashed xbox and transfer the hard drive to the unmodified xbox.

Pardon me if this seems really stupid, im a noob. This seems to make sense to me.

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 07:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(Simlhawk @ Apr 19 2010, 04:14 AM) *

A have a new idea, few have been claiming you don't need a jtag. Use XeXLoader and quickboot on a flashed xbox and transfer the hard drive to the unmodified xbox.

Pardon me if this seems really stupid, im a noob. This seems to make sense to me.

It does seem really stupid because it is.

If you didn't need to JTAG the console and run FreeBoot/XBR, then we wouldn't be going to all the trouble to do it. Sometimes common sense wins out.

Another thing - if you have a JTAG'd console you don't go on Xbox Live with it. It's an offline console.

Simlhawk

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 07:37:00 PM »

lol maybe I didnt make myself clear enough. I want to get two consoles. One Jtaged, the other, not. I would put the game on the xbox hard drive "Rip any inserted game to any storage device (ISO Extraction)"... and then move the xbox hard drive to the non-jtaged xbox. I'm hoping it wont remove M$' signature, and allow the game to play on the non jtaged xbox.

BigSteel

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 08:05:00 PM »

What you are hoping to do will not work....period.   You can only play games off the hard drive on a Jtag'd console, simply moving the hard drive to a non Jtag'd console will not work.

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2020, 12:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(Simlhawk @ Apr 21 2010, 03:37 AM) *

lol maybe I didnt make myself clear enough. I want to get two consoles. One Jtaged, the other, not. I would put the game on the xbox hard drive "Rip any inserted game to any storage device (ISO Extraction)"... and then move the xbox hard drive to the non-jtaged xbox. I'm hoping it wont remove M$' signature, and allow the game to play on the non jtaged xbox.

No, you made yourself crystal clear!

The second you change one byte of a container file it becomes different to that of its signature. Therefore on any other console (with exception to a JTAG'd console running Freeboot/XBR) it will show as corrupted. NXE2GOD is useful as it changes the file type on-the-fly but you can manually do this on a PC too. This is why I said it's common sense that it won't work!