xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Replacing Xbox 360 Drive  (Read 69 times)

_less_than_zero

• Archived User
Replacing Xbox 360 Drive
« on: March 31, 2010, 09:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(DarKKendO @ Mar 31 2010, 02:14 PM) View Post

Hey guys, First post on the forum and I want to begin by saying thanks for all the tutorials/content on here. I just started case modding about 4 or 5 months ago and the information on here has been invaluable.

My question is...

Is there any way of replacing the Xbox 360 DVD drive with any DL DVD Drive. Im jumping on the bandwagon of making an Xbox 360 slim and have seen that the main issue (other than modding the case) has been the DVD drive. I've seen some nice external solutions but I'd like to try putting a slimmer DVD drive inside.

Im looking at something like this:

http://cdn2.overstoc...s/P12287280.jpg

Its a Liteon Slim External DVD+/- rewriter and from looking at the box in work I see that it can read DL DVD's.

Not even sure if this can be done but I guess its worth a shot.

your very new, you cannot just put in random drives into the 360. please go read tut's and guides.

vb_encryption_vb

• Archived User
Replacing Xbox 360 Drive
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 01:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(_less_than_zero @ Mar 31 2010, 11:03 AM) View Post

your very new, you cannot just put in random drives into the 360. please go read tut's and guides.

Point him in the right direction at least....

www.jungleflasher.com

Download the tutorial and read up on "Spoofing"

Ranger72

• Archived User
Replacing Xbox 360 Drive
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 03:09:00 PM »

Read the firmware from the bad drive to get the drive key. Inject this into the firmware of your replacement drive. As stated by vb_encryption_vb use Jungle flasher for this. Read the Jungle Flasher tutorial.