xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Newbie Q's Conserning Xbox 360 Drives  (Read 70 times)

Cliodne

• Archived User
Newbie Q's Conserning Xbox 360 Drives
« on: December 09, 2009, 01:35:00 PM »

Hi,

first of all: I'm really sorry if this is in the wrong section - this is a huge forum and can be really confusing for someone whos first language is not english.

Now let's get to the questions.

1) Am I correct in saying that all drives to date are hackable?

2) What is the difference between different motherboards such as Jasper etc?

3) Is it possible to take an old drive (Benq) and put in into a new console so that the firmware hack will be less painful? (As I understand the chances of getting anything else than a liteon is close to zero) So, will my old Benq drive work (for example) in my new elite where I have a liteon? Does it just need a little tweaking or is it less painful to flash the LiteOn drive?

Thanks in advance.

blong579

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 01:58:00 PM »

1)  all drives are currently flashable but drive is xboxs made after about mid 8/2009 are a lot harder to flash

2)jaspher is the one you want. it has a lot less chance of getting the rrod. look for boxs made 1/2009 or later and chances are good youll get a jaspher.

3)it is possible to put swap drives in the xbox but it will not save you any work or make it easyer for you. you have to read the key from the drive that came in the xbox and then flash that key into what ever drive your going to use so you should just flash the drive that came with the box.

jezzicaz789

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 07:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(Cliodne @ Dec 9 2009, 09:35 PM) *

Hi,

first of all: I'm really sorry if this is in the wrong section - this is a huge forum and can be really confusing for someone whos first language is not english.

Now let's get to the questions.

1) Am I correct in saying that all drives to date are hackable?

2) What is the difference between different motherboards such as Jasper etc?

3) Is it possible to take an old drive (Benq) and put in into a new console so that the firmware hack will be less painful? (As I understand the chances of getting anything else than a liteon is close to zero) So, will my old Benq drive work (for example) in my new elite where I have a liteon? Does it just need a little tweaking or is it less painful to flash the LiteOn drive?
Thanks in advance.

Thanks you for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

under420dog

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 08:00:00 AM »

Cliodne and jezzicaz789,
hello back......make sure before you post and ask BIG questions...you search and research.....
a lot of information and at the speed of lightning has hit the 360 within the last 2 weeks...

please stay on the line and you well be helped in the order that you called....
current waiting time is .....oops wrong life....lol

so enjoy!

This post has been edited by under420dog: Dec 11 2009, 04:02 PM